The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
March Madness Round 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
March Madness Round 3 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
March Madness Round 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
March Madness Round 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
March Madness Round 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
March Madness Round 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
March Madness Round 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
March Madness Round 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

March Madness Round 3

Go down 
+8
Bleed Green
fuck
Nova
Harold
Bret
The Truth Has Set Me Free
AfganisDan
Jericho
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

March Madness Round 3 Empty
PostSubject: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 am

As we enter round three of The Universe’s March Madness Tournament to find who we believe is the number one wrestler in the world the field has been cut from 64 to 16 and we are left with eight match ups which are very difficult to call. Again the pairings have been decided at random and yet again there are some very tough matches to call. I look forward to hearing your opinion on why you chose specific wrestlers and seeing the discussions take place over why wrestler a is better than wrestler b.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio
Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Big Show
CM Punk vs. Sheamus
Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
Christian vs. Daniel Bryan
Mark Henry vs. James Storm

On a side note I’d really like to see everyone give reasons as to why they picked certain people rather than just list them. We’ve seen SP, Bret and Adam among others I’m sure I’m forgetting do it and it just adds more depth to your picks and it can be a good starting point for discussions which were very much lacking in round 2. Hopefully they pick up more this time around!
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:00 am

A very tough one to call for me as I like both of these men are both one of my favourites at the moment. Dolph Ziggler is exceptionally talented but he is no better off than when he started the year and the year Alberto Del Rio has had, Royal Rumble win, Money in the Bank win, World Heavyweight Title runs, I just can’t look past him; Alberto Del Rio

Two tough ones off the bat. Randy Orton has been one of the most consistent wrestlers in the WWE this past year but on good match after good match after good match, not to mention match of the night at the most recent WrestleMania. Bobby Roode on the other hand has been exceptional and has been one of the best heels this year. It was a tough one to call but I’ve gone with Bobby Roode who is my new favourite to win with Bully Ray eliminated.

Big Show has had a good year no doubt but who can look past a 404 Day Heavyweight Title Run; Hiroshi Tanahashi

CM Punk vs. Sheamus
Sheamus has been decent, CM Punk has been great.

Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
Surprised to see either of these men even make it to the third round and I think they can thank a good draw for getting them here. Mr. Anderson is the worst, R-Truth

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
Another very tough call with one of the greatest of all time in Kurt Angle taking on the most loved hated person in the world, John Cena. I have to give this on to John Cena Angle’s year has been mediocre and he disappeared towards the end of the year to focus on his Olympic Goals which didn’t help his chances. John Cena on the other hand has been outstanding, MiTB against CM Punk was undoubtedly one of wrestling’s highlights this year and he’s managed to feud with The Rock while feuding with anyone else he’s been paired up with.

I’m going to give my vote to Christian. I initially had Daniel Bryan pencilled in but when I thought about it I think Christian’s year has been far more consistent. Daniel Bryan’s last few months has been second to none but on a whole for the past year, it has to be Christian.

[i]For as good as James Storm is, he doesn’t match up; Mark Henry
Back to top Go down
AfganisDan
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
AfganisDan

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:43 am

I am picking Ziggler because I feel that despite ADR's push this year at points he has been a bit stale characterwise.

When he did not beat Kurt for the world title I was shocked. WHen he turned Heel two weeks later I realised how awesome he was going to be. I am picking Roode because I have been impressed with his latest run considering I thought he was just a Tag Team Guy.

Big Show did have a good year but there is no way I am picking him over the 'Ace of the Universe'

CM Punk vs. Sheamus
He said he was going to leave with the wwe title yet he then come back two weeks later. That and the fact that Sheamus won the Rumble made me pick him

Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
The little Jimmy thing was at one stage silly but now it is really entertaining. I would have picked Anderson had his booking not have been so inconsistent

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
The thought of his heel turn appeals to me more then most things in Wrestling. As much as I like Angle I have to pick Cena as No matter what I have to watch a lot of his stuff.

Both are really great characters. The main reason I picked Bryan however was unfortunately due to the fact that Christian was injured and whilst he was out Bryan's character really was established. Had Christian not have been injured this may have been a harder choice.

I never thought he would be relevant again and he proved me wrong. Mark Henry has not only really come into his own but he has also made me become one of his biggest fans(cus I never liked him really until his recent move to SD)
Back to top Go down
Contender
Contender

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 am

Dolph is probably the most talented superstar on the RAW roster, but Alberto Del Rio has won so much in his debut year and has been likened to Brock Lesnar in terms of impact, so ADR gets the nod.

A few years ago, this would have been no contest, but with the WWE stating that they were going to have a year without Orton and Cena as champs, Orton has only been in a feud with Wade Barrett that was good, but not great. Roode on the other hand has turned into possibly the next Triple H and is the only member of the TNA roster who could main event a WWE PPV right now.

I'll admit, I'm not a Japanese wrestling fan, but from what I've heard of Tanahashi, he beats Big Show's 45 second World title reign by almost 404 days.

CM Punk vs. Sheamus
CM Punk has head a great year, title wise, but his character has got stale and boring, while Sheamus looks set to become a 3 time World champion at WrestleMania and launch a new WWE year in his name.

Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
R-Truth has been more consistently booked, but he did take a month off for drug abuse and although I like his character a lot, he hasn't won anything. Mr. Anderson was the TNA World champion, so he wins this.

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
Kurt hasn't been at his best this year and his career is rapidly depleting in time, that much is obvious. John Cena on the other hand, is in a feud with The Rock, which shows his overness.

Christian's feud with Randy Orton made Smackdown watchable after a long time of recycled storylines and the same old faces, so he gets the win. Daniel Bryan has only been a Smackdown star since he won MitB, so he doesn't have the longevity this year.

Both these men have rose to the forefront of their respective companies with World title reigns this year, but Henry has just had slightly better feuds, eg his feud with The Big Show, so he gets the nod.
Back to top Go down
Bret
Jobber
Jobber
Bret

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 am

Del Rio, he had a better all around year; MITB, Royal Rumble and A World Title

Bobby Roode, again the best HEEL champ in TNA in a while. (And Orton took out Generico, no way he's getting my vote)

Tanahashi, once more Show is very overrated.

CM Punk vs. Sheamus
CM Punk, I see that people are taking Sheamus in this matchup. Need I remind you that this is for the full year, how about that Punk-Orton feud heading into mania, how about Cena-Punk in the summer, those Punk-HHH promo's pre NoC. Sheamus feuded with Jinder Mahal, no contest, Punk.

Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
R-Truth, insane black men are funny. Right little Jimmy.

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
Cena, Angle is getting up there in years. Cena will be in another mania main event.

Christian, not by much but going based off of my logic for the Punk-Sheamus matchup, I have to take the person who had the better year.

Tough for me because I like the both of them, but I'm going to take Storm because Henry was still the big fat Kool-Aid man for 1/3 of the year.
Back to top Go down
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 am

CM Punk vs. Sheamus
Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:20 pm

CM Punk vs. Sheamus
Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Del Rio had a better year. He's still a fag, though.

He actually makes me wanna watch TNAwesome, since he's so awesome and shit.

I like how people automatically take Tanahashi over Show. Tanahashi may have had a more-than-a-year long run, but there wasn't much worth to it, and he really declined going to the end. The peak was his defence against Goto in the summer. Kids these days...

CM Punk vs. Sheamus
Both were booked pretty poopy towards the beginning, but Punk really picked up steam in the summer.

Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
Anderon can eat a dick.

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
Rise Above Hate, faggot.

Tap, faggot.

World's Strongest Man, faggot.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Once I get an actual keyboard in my grasp I'll explqin my picks. Until then.!!

Ziggler
Orton
Show
Punk
Truth
Angle
Christian
Henry
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:18 am

Main surprise so far has to be Christian 5, Daniel Bryan 3. Although I voted for Christian I fully expected Daniel Bryan to pull out the victory easily. Will be very interesting to see how close it ends up being.

Would love to know why Nova picked James Storm over Mark Henry if he gets the chance to explain and I'm interested to hear Jon/Hazza chose Kurt Angle over John Cena.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I think this contest has lost all meaning seeing as Ray got eliminated so early.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio - Rio. Cuz Ziggler's a dope and knocked Ray out somehow.
Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode - ROODE is GOD
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Big Show - Big Show, don't know this Tanahashi guy.
CM Punk vs. Sheamus - Fuck, we had the Summer of Punk but I think he's bombed a bit since then and Sheamus has been consistently good. Punk is great though. No, Sheamus is who I pick.
Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth - Truth. Anderson has fucking blowed donkey dick last year and he's only returned recently.
Kurt Angle vs. John Cena - pffft Angle has had the worst 18 months of his career in a long, long time and Cena has had the best 18. No contest. Cena wins hands down. Hustle, loyalty, respect.
Christian vs. Daniel Bryan - Christian just edges it, thinking back to his matches. He can make anyone look good.
Mark Henry vs. James Storm - Hardest one I've had to do yet. Flips coin. Storm.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Jericho wrote:
Main surprise so far has to be Christian 5, Daniel Bryan 3. Although I voted for Christian I fully expected Daniel Bryan to pull out the victory easily. Will be very interesting to see how close it ends up being.

Would love to know why Nova picked James Storm over Mark Henry if he gets the chance to explain and I'm interested to hear Jon/Hazza chose Kurt Angle over John Cena.

I realized through this tournament that some people are assholes.

Yes, you hear me, assholes. Solely for having an opinion.

Anyway I can answer them questions.

1) Storm over Henry? They had an equally good year. Nova strikes me as a person who actually watches TNAmazing which is more than can be said for a lot of IDIOTS in this thread. Thinking back, Storm probably had a slightly better year.

2) Angle over Cena? Smarks.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:23 am

Adam wrote:
Jericho wrote:

1) Storm over Henry? They had an equally good year. Nova strikes me as a person who actually watches TNAmazing which is more than can be said for a lot of IDIOTS in this thread. Thinking back, Storm probably had a slightly better year.

I assume the idiots remark is to do with Bully Ray's departure. I honestly can't see how anyone could chose Dolph Ziggler over him if they watched TNA but it's obvious by the very little wrestling discussion on this site most only watch WWE. On subject though I don't think James Storm's year has been all that great. He's been there abouts in regards to the world title scene but he hasn't really ever been the top guy, aside from his very short reign, where as Mark Henry was truly the highlight on SmackDown this year along with Daniel Bryan. James Storm is great and all but I think if you look back on James Storm's year and what he has achieved I don't think it's been all that great. With that said though I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Lethal Lockdown with the championship.

Another thing I have to ask how you could have picked Sheamus over CM Punk. Much like Bret said it's regarding the whole year and CM Punk wrestled match of the night at WrestleMania which was coupled with a very strong feud against Randy Orton, made himself the man in the middle of the year with some great promo work and matches and despite being the victim of some very iffy booking has still been outstanding. On the other hand Sheamus' year has been very, very hot and cold. He was strongish around the middle of the year after being booted from the WrestleMania card and then went on to have a nothing feud against Jinder Mahal, which still continued after he won the Royal Rumble with no proper build up. I see picking Sheamus over Punk as being on the same level as Ziggler over Bully. Care to elaborate on as to why you chose Sheamus?
Back to top Go down
LegendOfCasey
Executive
Executive
LegendOfCasey

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:09 am

Dolph Ziggler
Bobby Roode
Hiroshi Tanahashi
CM Punk
Mr. Anderson
John Cena
Daniel Bryan
Mark Henry
Back to top Go down
Oriadon
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Oriadon

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:41 am

Disclaimer: I don't often get to actually watch wrestling, what I know and how my opinion is formed is gathered from Youtube, impressions I get from show coverage, and such. Also, I don't follow TNA as well as WWE, so yeah, those matchups are probably bias but to hell with it.

Dolph Ziggler. I'd put these two pretty close to each other, but Dolph is simply proving more entertaining than Del Rio atm and entertainment is what it is all about. Del Rio missing time with an injury while Dolph has been beating on the glass ceiling can't help him.

Randy Orton. Booby Roode had a breakout year, it seems, but Randy Orton has spent the year performing at a level Roode just cannot match yet. There is a reason he is one of WWE's top guys.

Big Show, because I dunno who this Hiroshi Tanahashi fellow, and Big Show has been booked to look like an unstoppable beast lately, even in defeat.

As much as I like Sheamus, CM Punk. Though he's been forced to play second-fiddle to Cena stuff so far this year, there is no denying how popular and entertaining CM Punk has been.

R-Truth is funny as hell, though he's still not the great between the ropes. Neither is Anderson, and he doesn't entertain me, just annoy me. So, R-Truth wins.

John Cena has been on a roll heading into his match with The Rock at WrestleMania, entertaining like he hasn't in ages.

Daniel Bryan has had a character epiphany that has boosted his stock and entertainment value as World Champion. Christian has been out for a long time with an injury, and he was hurt by his program with Sheamus last year, imo.

Mark Henry had an odd spot at the beginning of the year until just recently, but as far back as the Draft last year he's moved so far from where he was until now. James Storm winning the TNA Title is cool, but I have to give the edge to The World's Strongest Man.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Jericho wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jericho wrote:

I assume the idiots remark is to do with Bully Ray's departure. I honestly can't see how anyone could chose Dolph Ziggler over him if they watched TNA but it's obvious by the very little wrestling discussion on this site most only watch WWE. On subject though I don't think James Storm's year has been all that great. He's been there abouts in regards to the world title scene but he hasn't really ever been the top guy, aside from his very short reign, where as Mark Henry was truly the highlight on SmackDown this year along with Daniel Bryan. James Storm is great and all but I think if you look back on James Storm's year and what he has achieved I don't think it's been all that great. With that said though I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Lethal Lockdown with the championship.

Another thing I have to ask how you could have picked Sheamus over CM Punk. Much like Bret said it's regarding the whole year and CM Punk wrestled match of the night at WrestleMania which was coupled with a very strong feud against Randy Orton, made himself the man in the middle of the year with some great promo work and matches and despite being the victim of some very iffy booking has still been outstanding. On the other hand Sheamus' year has been very, very hot and cold. He was strongish around the middle of the year after being booted from the WrestleMania card and then went on to have a nothing feud against Jinder Mahal, which still continued after he won the Royal Rumble with no proper build up. I see picking Sheamus over Punk as being on the same level as Ziggler over Bully. Care to elaborate on as to why you chose Sheamus?

James Storm has been incredible all year. He hasn't been booked as the strongest competitor all year but he's been very relevant. In January he won the TNA World Tag Team Championship in a match against MCMG that was better than nearly all Henry matches. Then you had him as a huge part in the storyline that seen Fortune turn on Immortal. Then you had him main event at Lethal Lockdown and pick up the win followed by defending against Hardy and Harris at Sacrifice, and that feud was all about Storm. We also got a great match against the British Invasion where we seen the orgasmic team of Shelley/Storm. They set a record breaking reign in 2011 at 212 days. Throughout the BFG series, Storm was emphasized heavily along with Roode. Then came the World Championship win and one of the best feuds in pro wrestling.

Mark Henry was killer in the Hall of Pain gimmick but he began to lose clean quite a lot once he lost the belt and that killed his momentum for me. Plus the man hadn't been on TV for the first three, nearly four months of 2011. And now going into the biggest event of the year, he's in a throwaway multi man match.

Sheamus' year has been unbelievable. I know the first few weeks he lost quite a bit but that was good booking as it forced him to breaking point and he put it all on the line against D Bryan coming out with the US Championship. He was drafted to SmackDown! and put on some great matches with Orton and had one of the best slow-burn face turns in recent memory. He then had a 14 match win streak (beating Christian 3 ppvs in a row in incredible matches) followed by a 12 match win streak going into the rumble and he of course won that in incredible fashion with himself and Y2J being the last 2. Now he's being a beast and he's gunna be one of the main events alongside D Bryan at Mania.

CM Punk is great. Let me get that clear. But The Nexus stuff was dire. Seriously bad. Then we had that breath taking promo. And the Summer of Punk began. It was amazing, it was brilliant. Even though I didn't like how it was booked, Punk shone throughout it. Didn't like the HHH stuff that followed. It was around October, November when Punk started to bore me. He became bland and I know a lot of people feel similar. It was only for a month or two until the Ziggler feud which I enjoyed on a wrestling basis but I wasn't mad on Laurinaitis involvement. Now we've got the Y2J-Punk match which hadn't interested me (feud wise) until last week.

I think, personally, Sheamus had a better year.
Back to top Go down
Bret
Jobber
Jobber
Bret

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:03 pm

On the topic of Storm, is it a stretch to say that he may be the greatest tag team wrestler of his generation, as well one of TNA's 5 best "home grown" talents, along with AJ, Joe, Daniels and Roode. I mean he's been a part of the two best tag teams in TNA's history, AMW and Beer Money, which you could argue being the two of the four or five best tag teams of the new century, depending on your opinions of E&C, the Dudleyz and the Hardy's. And on my other point, he has been in large feuds that have been the central point of TNA's time, MEM-Frontline as well as Fortune, Immortal and that whole saga. I want to get your guys' thoughts on him and his career so far.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 am

Adam wrote:
Jericho wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jericho wrote:

James Storm has been incredible all year. He hasn't been booked as the strongest competitor all year but he's been very relevant. In January he won the TNA World Tag Team Championship in a match against MCMG that was better than nearly all Henry matches. Then you had him as a huge part in the storyline that seen Fortune turn on Immortal. Then you had him main event at Lethal Lockdown and pick up the win followed by defending against Hardy and Harris at Sacrifice, and that feud was all about Storm. We also got a great match against the British Invasion where we seen the orgasmic team of Shelley/Storm. They set a record breaking reign in 2011 at 212 days. Throughout the BFG series, Storm was emphasized heavily along with Roode. Then came the World Championship win and one of the best feuds in pro wrestling.

Mark Henry was killer in the Hall of Pain gimmick but he began to lose clean quite a lot once he lost the belt and that killed his momentum for me. Plus the man hadn't been on TV for the first three, nearly four months of 2011. And now going into the biggest event of the year, he's in a throwaway multi man match.

Sheamus' year has been unbelievable. I know the first few weeks he lost quite a bit but that was good booking as it forced him to breaking point and he put it all on the line against D Bryan coming out with the US Championship. He was drafted to SmackDown! and put on some great matches with Orton and had one of the best slow-burn face turns in recent memory. He then had a 14 match win streak (beating Christian 3 ppvs in a row in incredible matches) followed by a 12 match win streak going into the rumble and he of course won that in incredible fashion with himself and Y2J being the last 2. Now he's being a beast and he's gunna be one of the main events alongside D Bryan at Mania.

CM Punk is great. Let me get that clear. But The Nexus stuff was dire. Seriously bad. Then we had that breath taking promo. And the Summer of Punk began. It was amazing, it was brilliant. Even though I didn't like how it was booked, Punk shone throughout it. Didn't like the HHH stuff that followed. It was around October, November when Punk started to bore me. He became bland and I know a lot of people feel similar. It was only for a month or two until the Ziggler feud which I enjoyed on a wrestling basis but I wasn't mad on Laurinaitis involvement. Now we've got the Y2J-Punk match which hadn't interested me (feud wise) until last week.

I think, personally, Sheamus had a better year.

I can see your point with James Storm but a lot of the stuff which you highlighted for him was tag team wrestling based stuff. That isn't to say that tag team wrestling lowers your chances of winning but in my opinion if you have someone there supporting you in everything you do things become a lot easier because the spotlight wasn't entirely on him. As for the BFG tournament, for as much as he was built up, Crimson was the man the whole tournament until he was injured. James Storm was second or third the whole way and it wasn't until Crimson got injured that he even looked a chance in what was a terrible run of booking towards the end of the tournament. And I personally feel his feud with Bobby Roode was a bit iffy if that is what you're refrencing, the focus has been more Bobby Roode and getting Bobby Roode over.

Mark Henry may have started weak but his middle period was second to none, superb. He may only be in a multi-man match now at WrestleMania but it's a pretty big storyline and nothing to be scoffed at.

Sheamus on the other hand, his second winning streak, 12 matches, a lot of those where against Jinder Mahal and his build up to the Royal Rumble win was poor and the feud with Mahal was disgusting. His win was out of nowhere and even after the Royal Rumble he was doing nothing until Elimination Chamber.

As for CM Punk I guess we just have a difference of views as I enjoyed most of what you said you didn't.

On an unrelated note I didn't expect a reply from you until much later this week, St. Patricks Day and all that haha.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:51 am

Bret wrote:
On the topic of Storm, is it a stretch to say that he may be the greatest tag team wrestler of his generation, as well one of TNA's 5 best "home grown" talents, along with AJ, Joe, Daniels and Roode. I mean he's been a part of the two best tag teams in TNA's history, AMW and Beer Money, which you could argue being the two of the four or five best tag teams of the new century, depending on your opinions of E&C, the Dudleyz and the Hardy's. And on my other point, he has been in large feuds that have been the central point of TNA's time, MEM-Frontline as well as Fortune, Immortal and that whole saga. I want to get your guys' thoughts on him and his career so far.

James Storm is without a doubt one of the best tag team wrestlers in the past 10-15 years, you could make a strong case to him being the best. I'd love to see him succeed as a singles wrestler in the remainder of his career and I do see TNA World Title runs in his future but I at this point in time I can't see him being overly succesful. I haven't seen the past month or so of TNA, unfortunately, but from what I remember he had been stacking on a bit of weight which doesn't do him wonders which makes me wonder if he's all that dedicated, hopefully I'm wrong but I can see him being remembered as the tag team partner of Bobby Roode.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:41 am

Jericho wrote:
Bret wrote:

James Storm is without a doubt one of the best tag team wrestlers in the past 10-15 years, you could make a strong case to him being the best. I'd love to see him succeed as a singles wrestler in the remainder of his career and I do see TNA World Title runs in his future but I at this point in time I can't see him being overly succesful. I haven't seen the past month or so of TNA, unfortunately, but from what I remember he had been stacking on a bit of weight which doesn't do him wonders which makes me wonder if he's all that dedicated, hopefully I'm wrong but I can see him being remembered as the tag team partner of Bobby Roode.

It's all building to a Storm win at Lockdown. Seriously. Roode is better in my opinion. But Storm is only millimetres behind him. I'd go as far to say that in-ring Storm is as good. Roode has a better look (I suppose) and he defo seems more comfortable on the mic.

Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio - too close to call, so I have to pick my personal favorite.
Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode - currently too frustrated with Orton to choose him here.
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Big Show - same as above; if Rhodes didn't make it this far, Show shouldn't have.
CM Punk vs. Sheamus - another extremely close one; closer than you may think.
Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth - I like Anderson but I haven't been watching any TNA.
Kurt Angle vs. John Cena - but enough of it to know I am not going to pick Cena.
Christian vs. Daniel Bryan - yet another close one for me, but Bryan has done more lately.
Mark Henry vs. James Storm - giving Henry one last ride.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 am

This round will close in about 17 hours. Get your votes in
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:55 am

The results for round 3 are as follows, bit later than I expected but I slept in this morning and couldn't get them up before school:

Dolph Ziggler Wins; 7 Votes to 5
Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode[b]
Bobby Roode Wins; 10 Votes to 2
[b]Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Big Show

Hiroshi Tanahashi Wins; 7 Votes to 5
CM Punk vs. Sheamus
CM Punk Wins; 9 Votes to 3
Mr. Anderson vs. R-Truth
R-Truth Wins; 9 Votes to 3
Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
John Cena Wins; 9 Votes to 3
Christian Wins; 7 Votes to 5
Mark Henry Wins; 9 Votes to 3

Everyone I picked won, aside from Del Rio which comes as a real surprise to me after the year he has had. Surprised to see Christian get through, I was one of the 7 to pick him but I thought Daniel Bryan would pull it out, round 4 shall be up soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 3   March Madness Round 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

March Madness Round 3
Page 1 of 1