The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals

Go down 
+9
Cole
SP
Harold
Bleed Green
The Truth Has Set Me Free
LegendOfCasey
Jarrett
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ
Jericho
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:25 am

Round 5 is here and with these match ups we will find out who will be competing for a spot in the Grand Final to find out who The Universe believe is the best wrestler from the past year! We are down to our final four, Bobby Roode, Christian, John Cena and Mark Henry who have all had different paths to this stage. After comfortably winning his first two match ups Bobby Roode was paired with early favourite, CM Punk, and after going to a 6-6 tie he scrapped through due to a tiebreaker. His opponent for this round has easily defeated Rey Mysterio, AJ Styles, James Storm and Hiroshi Tanahashi but is now faced with his toughest challenge yet, can he add one more name to the Hall of Pain? Christian has been the dark horse of the story, a good draw saw him reach the third round without a vote going against until he was paired against an early front runner, Daniel Bryan. Christian squeezed out the victory and almost fell to R-Truth to the following round but he pulled through and is now paired with one of his toughest challenges yet; John Cena. After almost dropping out to Douglas Williams in round one now one has come close to Cena since, can he continue this run all the way to the final or will Christian continue his fairy tale run?

Bobby Roode vs. Mark Henry
Christian vs. John Cena

Get your votes in and as you do think about who deserves such awards as Break Out Wrestler Of The Year, Tag Team of the Year, Female Wrestler of the Year, Most Improved among others as in the final round there will be a string of awards where you pick the three most deserving of that title, just to make things more interesting. All match ups where decided via http://classtools.net/education-games-php/fruit_machine.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 am

This was a fairly tough call for me as both have been my favourite from their respective companies this year. Ultimately I'm going to have to go with Bobby Roode. The guy has been great and I won't be surprised to see him win it all.
Christian vs. John Cena
Easy call, Christian had a great year, John Cena had a sensational year.
Back to top Go down
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ
Executive
Executive
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:29 am

Bobby Roode vs. Mark Henry -- Mark Henry has had on hell of a year being pushed to the front of the WWE but over in TNA it is Roode who created the big splash and actually got me to watch a few episodes so Mark Henry... SORRY About Your DAMN LUCK!
Christian vs. John Cena -- Christian has really not done much besides two faield title reigns and a hell turn but Cena has kept his standards high and shocked the world with his latest feuds with Rocky and Kane.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:43 am

Henry so that he isn't swept.
Christian
Back to top Go down
LegendOfCasey
Executive
Executive
LegendOfCasey

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:04 am

Henry
Cena
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:54 am

Mark Henry vs. Bobby Roode should be a close contest, get around Bobby Roode children.
Back to top Go down
Contender
Contender

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 am

Roode
Cena
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Mark Henry vs. Bobby Roode- Roode has had a great year thus far, and so has Henry. This goes down to biased, and I prefer Roode over Henry.

John Cena vs. Christian- Christian is my favorite, not too big a fan of Cena. I expect Cena to win, but I gotta vote for Christian.
Back to top Go down
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Mark Henry vs. Bobby Roode

John Cena vs. Christian
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Mark Henry vs Bobby Rhoode
Although, I like Rhoode's ongoing heel turn and Championship holder, I just found the storyline with Henry winning the title first, better. I think it may be just that I watch WWE more then TNA, iunno, but for this one, Imma have to say Henry. I like the little Hall of Pain, and he is just ruthless.

John Cena vs Christian
Again, Christian has been out for a little while, while Cena and The Rock have blown up. Although I love Christian, and his heel turn and I wish that he would of kept the title on Smackdown, but clearly, with the wrong booking, they screwed him over [plus I like his "one more match" gimmick.] Cena has stayed on the top, he manages to go out to the ring, and put on a show, and that's what entertainment is all about. I can't wait to see Cena vs Rock at Mania, so Imma have to go with Cena.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Bobby Roode vs. Mark Henry - I picked Henry because he's the shits. But in all seriousness, Roode I believe is a good wrestler, but Henry's massive frame should win him the match.
Christian vs. John Cena - John Cena would use Christian's highflying ability against him to win the match, Christian just can't beat Cena.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Roode V Henry, I pick ROODE. I won't harp on about all the ways I believe Roode is better but merely because I've voted against Henry already and I have voted Roode through every round is why I choose Roode. I look at Roode and say he deserves a place in the final, I can't say the same for Henry.

Cena v Christian, I pick Cena. Same reasons, voted against Christian last round. And I think Cena is undeniably one of the best in the world.

I'd be very interested to here why Cena is being voted against. People have put up good reasons. I believe if you think it's too close to call and Christian is your fave, that's cool. But some guys have voted against Cena in every single round. Seems a bit silly but I'll reserved my judgement until somebody says why.

Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:41 pm

It'll be a shame if Cena wins this. Even if Roode wins, I think he's less deserving than some of the others in the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Jarrett wrote:
It'll be a shame if Cena wins this. Even if Roode wins, I think he's less deserving than some of the others in the tournament.

Not a Cena fan I suppose?

Out of pure curiosity (this isn't me being smart, just generally wondering) who would your, say, top 3 be?
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 pm

[quote="Jarrett"]It'll be a shame if Cena wins this. Even if Roode wins, I think he's less deserving than some of the others in the tournament.[/quote
I agree
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

Out of pure curiosity (this isn't me being smart, just generally wondering) who would your, say, top 3 be?
Not my top three favorites, but top three based on what was accomplished in 2011:

Alberto Del Rio - won the Royal Rumble, fought Edge's last match, won Money in the Bank, became WWE Champion

CM Punk - participated in the most compelling [long-term] rivalry of the year (Cena did not make it compelling), won the WWE Championship a few times, I'll give credit for ushering in this new "barely PG" period

Sheamus - consistency throughout the year especially towards the end leading up to a Royal Rumble win, went on a 14-match winning streak and then a 12-match winning streak later on, got over big with the fans.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

Not my top three favorites, but top three based on what was accomplished in 2011:

Alberto Del Rio - won the Royal Rumble, fought Edge's last match, won Money in the Bank, became WWE Champion

CM Punk - participated in the most compelling [long-term] rivalry of the year (Cena did not make it compelling), won the WWE Championship a few times, I'll give credit for ushering in this new "barely PG" period

Sheamus - consistency throughout the year especially towards the end leading up to a Royal Rumble win, went on a 14-match winning streak and then a 12-match winning streak later on, got over big with the fans.

Fair enough, all fair and viable points. If I could rep you, I would. I suppose it depends on what you consider to be a bigger accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Henry
Cena
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Bobby Roode and Christian
Back to top Go down
Bret
Jobber
Jobber
Bret

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Roode
Christian

I want the all-Canadian Final, I'm sorry if this makes me in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 12:36 am

Mark Henry
John Cena
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 am

Bobby Roode Advances; 8 Votes Versus 6
John Cena vs. Christian
John Cena Advances; 9 Votes Versus 5

Well both match ups worked out to be a fair bit closer than I expected. I thought both Christian and Mark Henry would receive one or two votes but over all I expected Bobby Roode & John Cena to have relatively easy paths to the final. The final round of voting will be up tomorrow as I’m going to work out some other awards and so forth, until start to think about who you think should win, I personally think it will be a very tough one to call.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:55 am

Neither deserve it, but I'll be voting Roode.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:57 am

Jarrett wrote:

If you watched TNA you'd think otherwise, Bobby Roode has been sensational.
John Cena has had his best year in recent memory, those who aren't too cool for Cena would tell ya that.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 am

Jericho wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

If you watched TNA you'd think otherwise, Bobby Roode has been sensational.
John Cena has had his best year in recent memory, those who aren't too cool for Cena would tell ya that.
Roode has been champ since November, not enough to call him the best of the year.

Cena's been carried throughout, whether by Punk or The Rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals   March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals Empty

Back to top Go down

March Madness Round 5; Semi Finals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next