The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano

Go down 
+4
He Looks Hispaninc to me!
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
#Animal
Jarrett
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano Empty
PostSubject: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 am

The following is an official and authentic interview with current DGUSA, Chikara, and Evolve wrestler Johnny Gargano. This interview is exclusive to The Universe @ http://www.theuniverse.forumotion.co.uk/. Under no circumstances may any part of this interview be reproduced or retransmitted in any form without the prior consent from a Universe administrator. All rights reserved.

Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us first of all. I think it's appropriate we start off with the usual opener. What is it that got you interested in wrestling and who or what was your inspiration to become [a wrestler]?

When I was little, I'd always emulate whatever I'd watch on TV at the time, whether it be Power Rangers, TMNT [Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles], or even Dennis the Menace. My friend showed me pro wrestling for the first time and I was really blown away by the athleticism and the characters. Everyone knows I'm a HUGE Shawn Michaels fan, and I dressed up like a miniature male stripper and threw superkicks a plenty after watching countless numbers of his matches. The cruiserweights in WCW were also a big inspiration to me. I don't know many kids who walked around and acted like they were Dean Malenko or Chris Benoit, but I was definitely one of the few.

In 2005 you debuted in Cleveland All-Pro Wrestling. How did this come about?

CAPW is where I trained. I started training there when I was uber young at like, 14 years old but I wasn't put on the actual shows until around 17.

You won your first title in a four way match against Matt Cross, Josh Prohibition, and Zach Gowen. What was it like to win your first championship?

Winning a title is always an honor. It was especially cool because CAPW is where I started, and I trained with both Josh and Matt, and they're some of my better friends. Zach was also awesome to work with. He's super good. I wrestled him like 5 times during that period as we feuded over the title. People don't give him enough credit for how good of a wrestler he actually is. One leg or not.

I can't neglect all of the names that you've faced throughout the years; Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, Eric Young, Tyler Black, MVP, and others; who was your favorite opponent?

CIMA is one of my favorites as I feel he always brings out the best in me, being in the ring with such a respected, yet amazingly talented veteran like him. I can't say enough good things about Alex Shelley. I've wrestled him a bunch, the first time being when I was 18 years old. I guess he saw something in me during that period and actually took me under his wing -- not wang -- and has been a huge help and like a big brother to me since that day.

In March of 2007 you first showed up on the scene in WWE. What were the tryouts like and how did it come about that you made it onto WWE television?

That first time was crazy, as I was only like 19/20 [years old]. They needed someone to play the role of "Cedrick Von Haussen" Lichtenstein Champion in MVP's angle of beating champions from around the world. I guess I fit the bill somehow? Ha. They actually called me super late and I was asleep when they did. So my mom listened to the message and came screaming that WWE just called and they wanted me at the arena ASAP. So I just threw stuff on and went down there ... and it's a crazy experience for your first time. Really, a dream come true even though I was basically an elf. After the match, Vince McMahon said "Good job, kid," so I'm pretty sure I could have retired at that point.

You have also worked dark matches for TNA and ROH. What were these like and how did they differ from working in a WWE ring?

Really cool. I really liked the atmosphere in both locker rooms when I was back there. WWE is a corporate machine, but TNA/ROH were really laid back and chill. I felt comfortable.

Judging by your experiences with those companies, out of the three, which would you most like to work with and why?

I'm not going to count anything out, but when you're a kid you always dream to work for WWE one day. When you get into wrestling that's always the brass ring you want to grab.

Soon after your ROH tryout, it was discovered that you had a hairline fracture in your back and your doctor advised you to reconsider your career. What was it like hearing this and what were your initial plans?

Heartbreaking. When you work basically your whole life from 8 years old on for a goal and a dream, and for someone to tell you, "Yeah. That's done now" really brings your whole world down. I had no other plans other then to work my tail off to get better and be able to wrestle again. I wasn't going to let someone tell me what I could and couldn't do. After 6 months of painful therapy and a lift in my shoe, I was back, and dare I say better than ever.

In 2006 you began wrestling for Absolute Intense Wrestling, where you still appear today. What is it like working in AIW and do you prefer it over say CAPW?

Different promotions offer different things really. AIW is really cutting edge, and focuses on putting on some pretty darn cool matches with some of the top talent from around the world.

What were your battles with Tyler Black like, where you won the Intense Division Championship for the first time following an Ironman match with him?

During that period, I wasn't working for AIW due to stupid pro wrestling political reasons but AIW came to me and told me they wanted me to come back and do this feud with Tyler, leading to an Ironman match. Which I was all for! I really enjoyed our work together when we were younger, and I can't even imagine how good our stuff would be today. Tyler is SO talented. Pshhh, he's the complete package man. His look and athleticism is out of this world. I'm so jealous of it, ha! WWE has a future star on there hands though, no doubt.

In 2010 you represented AIW in Chikara's King of Trios Tournament. The same year, you won AIW's top singles title, the Absolute title. What was it like to be honored with these accomplishments?

Like I said, it's always an honor. It's something I take a lot of pride in. The Jack of All Trios was a huge venture and got alot of exposure for AIW, so to be at the forefront of that, with two ultra talented dudes like Aeroform, is really cool.

That very night, you defeated Bryan Danielson in an Ironman match to retain the title. Describe what that felt like, defeating someone who some believe to be "the best in the world?"

Surreal. I've always looked up to Bryan. I mean really, who doesn't look up to that guy? Someone asked me, "What makes Bryan the best in the world?" before I wrestled him, I didn't have an answer. You really can't appreciate how GOOD he is until you're in the ring with him. He truly is the best in the world in my book.

In Chikara, you became part of a team known as F.I.S.T. [Friends in Similar Tights]. What was this like and do you have a preference between wrestling singles matches or tag team matches? What are the differences?

I'm a singles wrestler at heart, but I like tag matches a ton. You have more pieces to work with, plus as a wrestling fan, it's nice to just hang out on the apron and watch. You have the best seat in the house!

Years back, you ran into Colt Cabana in Chicago who suggested you get in touch with ROH head booker Gabe Sapolsky, who was in search of talents for Dragon Gate USA and Evolve. Paint a picture for us on how you ran into him and what the discussion was like.

I was wrestling for AAW, and they have an afterparty deal at this restaurant. So I walk in and stay for a bit, and as I'm leaving I see Colt and go up to him to make sure to say goodbye. As I am, Colt says, "Have you talked to Gabe yet?" To which my reaction was "Gabe?" And he then told me Gabe Sapolsky's email, and that he was looking for young guys for DGUSA [Dragon Gate USA]. He said to email him and tell him "Colt sent ya," to which I did the next day, and I got booked for the first DGUSA show in FRAY! And the rest is history!

What was it like debuting in Dragon Gate USA?

Mind blowing. Everyone of that roster is super talented and it really opened my eyes to what I had to do to get on their level. If you haven't seen DGUSA and you're a wrestling fan, you're really doing yourself a disservice. I can't say enough good things about the product. It IS the wrestling style of the future. Do yourself a favor and head to WWNLIVE.com right now and check out some of the best wrestling you'll ever see.

You were on the card for Evolve Wrestling's first show. What was it like and what are your thoughts on Evolve? Was it similar or different to Dragon Gate USA and the other indy promotions?

I was proud to be apart of it from the start. It's different. It focuses solely on the young guys too. Plus the win/loss records mean something and the whole vibe of the show is really unique. It just keeps growing and growing as it is.

In March of 2011, you wrestled in the original Dragon Gate in Japan. How is working in Japan different from in the States?

Um, the fans generally treat the wrestlers better over there. That's not saying we're treated poorly here, but wrestlers are treated like gods there! Legit superstars. It blew my mind. It was always my goal to wrestle in Japan though, and to be able to do that was really cool.

Alright, now we have some random questions submitted from our users. First, what has been your favorite match of your career and why?

I hate all of my matches, ha. I'm a perfectionist. A couple I didn't HATE were ... vs. Josh Prohibition at PWO Wrestlelution 2, vs. Matt Cross at PWO Wrestlelution 3, vs. [Bryan] Danielson at AIW Absolution 5, and vs. CIMA at DGUSA Open the Southern Gate.

Next, what happened specifically at the WWE and TNA tryouts?

The WWE one really wasn't a "tryout" persay. The TNA one, I was down there for a week, I wrestled Jay Lethal one day, and then Eric Young the next. Everyone I talked to REALLY liked me. Vince Russo even said he was going to try to come up with ideas for my character. Things just never ended up working out, but if they did, I wouldn't have wrestled for DGUSA, so everything happens for a reason. I couldn't be happier with how things worked out.

Out of every promotion you have worked for, which has been your overall favorite?

That's a toughie. I like a lot for a lot of different reasons. PWO because it's my home in Cleveland. AIW as well. DGUSA because it truly brings out the best in me, in the ring with the best talent in the world. EVOLVE because of how different it is. CHIKARA because it's just straight fun!

There's a lot of talk about who is "the best in the world." CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Davey Richards, Bryan Danielson, and more have made their claims. What is your take?

Wrestling is like art. Everyone likes different kinds. It's subjective. Who am I to say that abstract art is better than any other? Everyone is entitled to be entertained by what they're entertained by and like what they like. I think those guys are some of the best in the world though. [Chris] Jericho has always been an idol of mine and having been in the ring with Bryan [Danielson], I can attest to how good he is.

And lastly for these, a clever question deserving of a clever answer. Why are you so f'n awesome?

Great question! It all started when my parents decided they wanted to have a young lad, so they did the deed ... or something, that's how I'm told it works. And a couple days later a stork came and brought yours truly to them! We landed and I shook the stork's hand like a little gentleman. He turned his back and started to pack his things, turned back around and SWERVE! SUPERKICK! Thus killing said stork. I then proceeded to put my foot atop his feathery chest and proclaim my dominance ... and awesomeness. That's how I became so awesome.

Did Vince Russo book that by chance? ... To wrap things up, here is your free mic time. Is there anything you'd like to say to anybody out there? And of course, thanks again for doing the interview!

Support indy wrestling! PWOWRESTLING.com, DGUSA.tv, CHIKARAPRO.com, whatever! Support, support, support! Support me by buying my new awesome shirt! Let's start a revolution! Find me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter @JohnnyGargano!

Back to top Go down
#Animal
Executive
Executive
#Animal

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:44 am

Super cheers
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:58 am

Sick interview and what an answer to my question. SWERVE! SUPERKICK!
Back to top Go down
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 am

Gargano for president(even though I am not American I can say that.)
Back to top Go down
White guy
Rookie
Rookie
White guy

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 am

HE SAID THE C WORD UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
Richie
Executive
Executive
Richie

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:46 am

First, YALL ARE FUCKING WELCOME! *Is the one who got this interview*

2nd, Jarrett, you homo! You said you put my Gregory Iron question in.
Back to top Go down
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Well done Richie and Jarrett.

J, thanks for putting my Best in the World Q in
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Richie wrote:
First, YALL ARE FUCKING WELCOME! *Is the one who got this interview*

2nd, Jarrett, you homo! You said you put my Gregory Iron question in.
Whoops, at least it's not as if I've lost contact with him.
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:17 pm

My fav interview so far. Anybody else on the agenda?
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:23 pm

God V2 wrote:
I believe I may have secured another (with a bit of help)
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Jarrett wrote:
God V2 wrote:
I believe I may have secured another (with a bit of help)
Also, something interesting: it's rumored that WWE is quite interested in several DGUSA talents and DGUSA is keeping it quiet on who, but said they will release them from their contracts if a deal with WWE surfaces. Johnny Gargano COULD be one of them and I have heard some may believe that the reason they're holding off on ending NXT 5 is for that reason.
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm

So that Gargano and the likes could be on NXT Season 6?
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:24 am

Prolly my fave interview so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano   INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano Empty

Back to top Go down

INTERVIEW: Indy Wrestler Johnny Gargano
Page 1 of 1