The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
Possible Rules? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
Possible Rules? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
Possible Rules? EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
Possible Rules? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
Possible Rules? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
Possible Rules? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
Possible Rules? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Possible Rules? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Possible Rules? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Possible Rules? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Possible Rules?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 am

This is an attempt to increase activity and also to stop idiots like myself starting about a million bookers a week.

1) Starting new threads
If you already have a BTB and wish to start a new one, you need to adhere to the following waiting times:
-If your old BTB had 20+ posts, you must wait 15 days before starting a new one
-If your old BTB has less than 20 posts, you must wait 30 days before starting a new one
The reason for these waiting times is to prevent people from creating a BTB, not putting much effort into it and then creating a new one as soon as possible. I believe this rule encourages people to stick with their old BTB and makes people think carefully about starting new one. If you create a BTB without waiting the appropriate number of days, your BTB will be closed.

If you are new to the section and haven't previously posted a BTB, this rule does not apply, you can create your first BTB from the moment you join The Univierse

2) No Multiple Threads
In an effort to keep this place tidy, you are only allowed to run one thread per BTB, for example, if you are running the WWE and you create one thread for Raw and one thread for Smackdown, you are breaking this rule and the threads will be merged into one and you will be warned about spamming.

3) Reviewing
Please do not ask for reviews of shows in any part of the section except your own. I don't see a problem writing in your own thread hey guys, any thoughts on my show?. What I don't want to see are posts in the BTB discussion page and other peoples BTBs begging for reviews - such posts will be deleted as spam.

Also if you going round posting in every BTB hey man great show, I like how you had the wrestlers wrestle in an obvious attempt to get members to return your pathetic favour, these posts will be deleted as spam and you will be reported as being a nuisance to the section

4) Flaming and Criticism
A major part of reviewing work is criticism, but only if it's in the form of being constructive. If you point out flaws in peoples work, show them where they can improve and help them out, then great, you're making a valued contribution to the section and you may even score yourself some brownie points from user for good reviews. Constructive criticism is what helped me when I first started booking, and a hell of a lot of other bookers, improve the quality of our BTBs. However, there is a line between criticism and flaming, for example:

"Your show is crap and makes no sense"
"Heyman in TNA, boring"
"Oh great another WWE BTB, just what we need"
"You're a fucking retard"

Those sort of comments help nobody, they don't encourage the writer to continue their BTB and they don't really point out how to improve their shows. In the case of newcomers to The Universe, receiving insults like this could not only lead to the new member giving up on their project, but it could turn them off The U completely. Please be welcoming to newcomers, both to the site and to the booking section.

5) Bumping
Never bump dead threads, if a BTB has not been commented on in over a month, leave it be, anything you have to say about it can either be said in the BTB Discussion Thread or in a PM to the author.

Also do not continuously bump your show with messages such as started writing today, almost done, about 80% done, who's looking forward to the show just so you can remain on the scrolling list of threads. Furthermore, don't flood people's threads asking them over and over when there shows are due, you could do that in the Fan Fiction thread or drop them a PM.

6) Name Changes
If you want the name of your thread changed for a valid reason, please PM a mod on your potential name change, and if it's worth pursuing I'm confident they will make the change. A valid reason for a name change would be wanting to change the year in your title after you reach new years day in your BTB or a spelling mistake.

7) Advertising
We have an advertising thread, please use it. Advertisements in the Fan Fiction Discussion thread will be moved to the appropriate thread and you will be warned about rule breaking if your continuously do it. The Fan Fiction Discussion is for idle chit-chat among members, and we'd appreciate it if we could keep conservations commercial free, that was the reason behind starting the advertisement thread.

Cool Closing Threads
Unless you break a rule, threads will always remain open, even if it's been dead for years. Unless members of the section ignore the 'no bumping' rule, I see no need to create more work for the mods by closing every thread that dies. That said, if you wish for your thread to be closed, contact a mod and I'm sure they will do it for you, the same goes for re-opening threads.

9) Deceased Wrestlers
Do not use deceased wrestlers for a modern day BTB, let them rest in peace.

If you are starting a company from a date before a wrestlers death, then they can be used; when you eventually reached the date they would have died on, it's your call whether you want to continue using them.

10) Plagiarism
Anyone found copying and pasting work from old BTBs that don't belong to them, regardless of whether the BTB in question is a Universe original or it's from another website, will have their threads trashed from existence and I will contact the upper staffs about infractions. I am always on the lookout for plagiarisers and the majority of them are relatively easy to spot, so don't bother, it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:22 am

I think this is good.

I'm just another one, who makes pointless bookers. So I agree. I have another idea too, that Im going to run across Jarrett.
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:22 am

Ily.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

Possible Rules? Empty

^
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:26 am

These aren't exactly my rules, I modified them a bit and added little pieces in but they're basically the rules for a site with an unbelievable booking section.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:27 am

Care to share what site this is? Razz
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 am

Wrestle Clique?
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 am

Naaaaah bro, I want the booker section HERE to be sweet, not there. lol
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:45 am

If that is the case then reply to your PM. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possible Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Rules?   Possible Rules? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Rules?
Page 1 of 1