The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Road to Wrestlemania 29

Go down 
+3
Jarrett
Bleed Green
Adam
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam
Founder
Founder

Road to Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Around this time of year, plenty of wrestling fans young and old begin to think about Wrestlemania; whether predicting their card for the show, hoping for some dream matches or praying that some shitty rapper doesn't take up too much time, everybody has their own idea how Wrestlemania should be booked. Certainly in the run up to the Royal Rumble, more and more seeds will be sown as we build up to April 7th, so before things start to take a solid shape, I'm inviting you to book you're own card for this year's event in New Jersey in Road To Wrestlemania 29!

all you have to do is send us a PM of your card for Wrestlemania 29 and after some rigorous judging, the best entry will win. Of course this being a section for creative writing, the more detail you give us the better (reasons for matches, what happened at the rumble/EC etc). I'm not sure what the winner gets as it stands, hopefully I can think of something appropriate in the coming weeks.

JUDGING CRITERIA

All entries will be judged by a formidable team of myself, Booker of the Year RED and UBL creator Mesa, and will be marked with a score of 1 to 10 for the following criteria:

Description: As I said, this is a section for creative writing, so if you just send us a card with The Rock Vs John Cena and give no detail as to how that much as come about, you're not going to score too highly. The more detail the better would be a good rule of thumb. This criteria will include spelling, grammar, presentation.

Match Making: This is Wrestlemania, a night where usually you get a WWE MOTYC or two. So we'd like to see something matches on the card that has some potential to be a show stealer, the WWE has the talent if you use them right. What I'm getting at is no ironman matches between Brodus Clay and David Otunga.

Creativity: As I said before, this is a section for creative writing, so be creative. There's nothing more that gets me excited for a pay-per-view than great storylines, angles and promos, so here's your chance to think up some great ways to build up your matches and make us feel more excited to anticipate them. Also, we don't want to see the same matches we've seen all year on Raw or Smackdown if it can be avoided, mania always has a couple of matches that could only ever happen on the biggest night of the year.

Realism: Granted, some wrestlers may return in the coming months opening up some fresh matches, but beyond that Wrestlemania will likely feature current WWE employees only. Is it very realistic that Sting signs a contact to wrestle this year to face Taker? probably not. Other things to consider would be match stipulations, current injuries, time constraints, current storylines.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

- Send me (NOT THE OTHER JUDGES) a PM of your card for Wrestlemania 29 and any additional information. Present it as best you can because I'll be posting these exactly as you send them.
- The deadline is 00:00 GMT on January 27th 2013 aka the day of the Royal Rumble. That way no one has the advantage of knowing who won the Rumble and no one can be accused of mimicking reality.
- ANYONE can enter this. This isn't like the other BTB competitions/projects where you have to stop doing your current BTB to take part, I'm happy for you to do both as this will only be a one off PM, there's no obligation to continue some 2nd project by taking part.

----

Hopefully this will be a lot of fun, spark some activity, and maybe entice some people who have never tried the section before to dip their toes in the water with a friendly competition. For now you can use the thread to confirm your interest, ask questions and general discussion of the competition.

Happy New Year.

Note I completelyyyyyy ripped this from another site but it looks like real good fun. Credit to Ed.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Interesting concept. Throw my name in the hat. I'll get started on it right now.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:44 pm

No one will beat Slam-Mania.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Perhaps you could jarrett. This wouldn't take long for you too do
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh cool, I'm a judge! I love judging.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Adam wrote:
Perhaps you could jarrett. This wouldn't take long for you too do
No, nobody, including myself, will.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Well i meant to ask but i presumed you'd be cool.
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah, even though it means I won't be able to compete. I love judging.
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 am

I like to judge even though I would also like to participate.
I hope we will have more than 1-2 people to participate.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 am

I'm trying to come up with a way to make it fair for RED and Mesa to compete and judge. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Adam wrote:
I'm trying to come up with a way to make it fair for RED and Mesa to compete and judge. Any suggestions?

Judges can't judge their own card.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Well since you will need three people to vote on each card you could get somebody else to stand in for RED to vote on his show and to stand in for Mesa to vote on his show.

I will definitely be taking part in this.

I was hoping this was going to be like what you did a couple years ago Adam where we had to actually to a small BTB from the Royal Rumble up until Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

I assume you just want the buildup to the match and not the result?
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Correct
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Good. Got my match card sorted and have the back-stories for the first four matches sorted. I must say that I quite like my card, if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 am

So am I in?
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:00 am

You're in RED yep.
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:05 am

Adam wrote:
You're in RED yep.

Cool I'll send you my card.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:48 am

Mine will be in tomorrow! If you need a judge for RED or Mesa's I'm in too!
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 am

Mine is pretty much done, but I'm gonna keep it with me and alter it in case of any injuries that occur.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

I've gotten a few entries already!

Personality Peep; but this is fantasy booking if there was going to be an injury you'd decide. Everything from the 31st of December episode hasn't actually happened if you chose to play it like that, you can bring people back/injure people etc. the whole reason I want the entries in before the Rumble is because people don't have the added bonus of knowing who wins the Rumble.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 pm

As Nick said, I can also help judge if required to do so.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Adam wrote:
I've gotten a few entries already!

Personality Peep; but this is fantasy booking if there was going to be an injury you'd decide. Everything from the 31st of December episode hasn't actually happened if you chose to play it like that, you can bring people back/injure people etc. the whole reason I want the entries in before the Rumble is because people don't have the added bonus of knowing who wins the Rumble.
Makes sense. I'll get it in soon.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:47 pm

So will judging commence next week?
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Shit, I forgot to do this. Can I be a judge! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road to Wrestlemania 29   Road to Wrestlemania 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Road to Wrestlemania 29
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next