The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards Empty
PostSubject: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Ok. I think it'd be a nice idea for mods to be apart of specific boards again like we did back then. And I'd like to be moderator for the North American Sports board so I can sticky stuff, keep it clean from spamming and ot posts/threads. Plus, the activity shown up a bit when I just came and revived it and starting making topics. I feel it will be good for the non-active boards really and would take a load off of the main staff on here.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 pm

We've tried this before ..
I personally like that Jarrett, Jake and Mesa have things under control.
Why cause more hassle?
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Me, Jake, and Jarrett don't exactly have to intervene in stuff all that often. More mods just means more people not doing anything. Plus, there's always the chance someone irresponsible gets modded, then goes around editing people's posts, messing with threads. E.g. ostriches mysteriously inding themselves in the EFNW thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Really I just put it in a un-selfish note. I think I'd be good for the North American Sports board mod. People who've seen me know I'm responsible and would run that board very well. And the mods didn't exactly run that board because it went weeks and sometimes months without any activity, no offense.
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 pm

What are we supposed to do? Create a thread everytime it gets a little inactive? In case you haven't noticed, we don't have enough people interested in the same thing to do bigger projects, such as my proposed mock draft, or the many attempted leagues. And a majority of people who want to discuss sports usually opt to go to sports-oriented boards (where they have a plethora of similarly interested users) rather than a wrestling-oriented board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 pm

I created a thread and found some people actually interested in sports. I know, but we have enough people to let that board get more than 1 post per month. I'm willing to put the effort into the North American Sports board. There may not be 30 people on the sports board, but I've seen other sites that don't have 30 people on the sports board and it has thrived pretty well. I'm sure that I could give that board a boost and give it the activity it should be getting.
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 pm

They're interested in sports yes. But what ideas do you have to make people not only want to make posts in a spots section, but pick our section over a more sports oriented website?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 pm

See it isn't the huge idea about grabbing members for the sports board. Will we? Maybe. But the big problem what I saw, is nobody was starting topics. There are sooo many storylines in sports, I don't think the Super Bowl or the playoffs got the hype it deserved. The bounty scandle. The Tebowmania, though I can't say I didn't miss that on here. And that's just NFL. Hornets were bought recently and nobody said a thing. Jets got Tebow, nobody said anything.

Then there is baseball, a bunch of baseball storylines in preseason and early this season, nobody has talked (though I don't watch much baseball). Hockey playoffs have been huge, whether the suspensions and dirty plays or the great OT thrillers and stuff (2OT, 3OT) and all that stuff. NBA Playoffs are right around the corner and the NBA Season has been not heard of in that board much.

I would start a bunch of discussions, I'd probably put a couple of my personal sports bookers on here to spark interest in other people doing so. When I posted that thread, I discovered a good amount of people to start a decent activity of a board. NFL Draft is around the corner, nobody's been talking about that either. I would hold a discusson for the Draft a week from today. And ther is so much more. That board has huge potential and I'd hate for it to go to waste. And I'm a really huge sports fan so I'd be a big help, and I was a mod on the board early in this site.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:59 pm

I agree with everything you say Mikel but my issue is that you don't NEED to be mod. You can do all these things as an ordinary member
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Well thank you Adam for agreeing with me. But if you see, I could delete worthless spamming posts in threads. For example:
Let's say I make the NFL Draft Discussion Thread
Someone comes on and says "I want to draft a puppy"
Then someone else comes on after that and says "Noooo I want to draft a kitty"
Then someone else comes in after that and says "I want to draft Peyton Manning"

I could delete those posts and prevent spamming posts like that. I could sticky threads like the Regular Season Discussion Threads when they are going on and stuff like that. Like when the Regular Season of NBA ends, I'd unsticky that thread and make a new thread called 2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread and sticky that.

And if I'm doing all the work for the sports board, why not make me mod? It'd be me running 1 board that is small right now but could be getting a bunch of activity.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:31 am

An admin could do all those things you mentioned, I can't speak for the others but I know I read over all posts made on this forum so if there is spamming someone will sort it out. You don't need to be a mod to build up activity, if you build it, they will come.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:05 am

Yeah I just don't see why you need to be mod to increase activity. That to me implies that you care more about being a mod than building activity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Adam wrote:
Yeah I just don't see why you need to be mod to increase activity. That to me implies that you care more about being a mod than building activity.
No no no no no no. You're getting the wrong idea, my friend, and I'm sorry you are getting that from this whole thing. Can I sticky things as a regular member? If I ask you mods to sticky something for me, will you do that? If I ask you mods to delete some spamming stuff in a thread on the sports board, will you do that? If so, I'm fine. That's the whole reason for me being mod. No spamming and OT posts in the sports board and doing sticky threads like for regular season/playoff discussion threads and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Break
Jobber
Jobber
Break

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:18 am

Question: Do we honestly need mods for specific boards? I mean, I think we're all pretty good at weeding out the little fuckers that are acting like little fuckers and banning them anyway, it's not like it really does the site any better to have them(boardmods)as opposed to NOT, so why the hassle? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards   [DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards Empty

Back to top Go down

[DEFEATED] Mods for Specific Boards
Page 1 of 1