The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

NFL Week 4 Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zadok
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Zadok

NFL Week 4 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Why not? Today's games:

CAR @ CHI
BUF @ CIN
TEN @ CLE
DET @ DAL
PIT @ HOU
NO @ JAC
MIN @ KC
SF @ PHI
WAS @ STL
ATL @ SEA
NYG @ ARI
DEN @ GB
NE @ OAK
MIA @ SD
NYJ @ BAL
IND @ TB

GAMES TO WATCH:
BUF @ CIN: Can the Bills continue to roll to 4-0, lead by Harvard Graduate and starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick? Or will Andy Dalton and the underdog Bengals upset the unlikely offensive powerhouse that the NFL has in the Bills?

DET @ DAL: When was the last time the Lions opened 3-0? Too long ago. Matt Stafford appears as though he's made the jump from "average" to showing signs of possibly making the jump to one of the more elite quarterbacks. When was the last time Detroit could say they had an elite quarterback? 1959.

SF @ PHI: The Philadelphia "Dream Team" has dropped their last two games. Michael Vick has failed to make it all four quarters in those two games. More importantly, their defense is very prone to the ground game, and behind Alex Smith's below-average quarterback play, you have to expect Jim Harbaugh to run his rookie running back, and throw in Frank Gore in to the mix. Could the Dream Team develop in to a Nightmare?

MIN @ KC: Is Christian Ponder playing today? What about Matt Cassel? Who cares, honestly. Both are playing extremely poor, and one would have to think that the loser of this game is going to be thrown in to contention for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Not exactly a game I'd want to watch, but it's a game that may impact next season.

NE @ OAK: Who beat New England last week? You could say Buffalo, but behind the poor play of Tom Brady last week, I'd say they beat themselves. Tom Brady threw 5 interceptions. 5. That got the Top-5 offense in Buffalo the opportunity they needed to erase a 21-0 deficit. Can the Patriots march in to the "Black Hole" and forget about their Week 3 implosion?

NYJ @ BAL: Why not? The Jets, like the Patriots, botched one terribly last week. Baltimore is, was, and will likely be for some time one of the most elite teams in the NFL behind the combination of Ray Lewis and their ballhawk in Ed Reed. The Jets lost in the Nnamdi Asomugha race, but you also have to keep in mind they have Darrell Revis. An exciting, defensive battle to watch. Not for the faint of heart.

IND @ TB: Will Indianapolis win a game this year? Who knows. Most likely.. Not. However, with Peyton sidelined for the rest of the season, he's likely praying they don't win a game this season. Management is likely praying for that as well. Why? When you take a college-elite quarterback and place him behind an NFL-elite quarterback, you give him time to develop and learn. When Manning retires and if Luck were to take over? Don't expect them to have a year like this. Expect them to play like Manning never left. Assuming Kerry Collins and Chris Painter don't turn in to Sammy Baugh.

Anything else anyone would like to include?
Back to top Go down
The Truth Has Set Me Free
Contender
Contender
The Truth Has Set Me Free

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:05 pm

As a New England fan, I'd like to say that Tom Brady just had a poor game and he'll be better today. Oakland, we're coming for you, Niggas.

@BookerTPromosRule
Back to top Go down
Zadok
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Zadok

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 pm

The Truth Has Set Me Free wrote:
As a New England fan, I'd like to say that Tom Brady just had a poor game and he'll be better today. Oakland, we're coming for you, Niggas.

@BookerTPromosRule

One would have to think that, but he's also in a hostile environment. Keep in mind, Oakland upset the Jets last week. If New England keeps their head stuck in their ass, bitching and moaning about last week, then they won't win. They need to turn the page.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:30 pm

i'd like to point out that brady threw 4 picks last week, not 5. also, the colts starter this week is curtis painter, not chris. either way, go 49ers
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:31 pm

i'd like to point out that brady threw 4 picks last week, not 5. also, the colts starter this week is curtis painter, not chris. either way, go 49ers
Back to top Go down
Zadok
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Zadok

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:36 pm

SuperByNature wrote:

Sorry, I don't pay much attention to second string QB's that I get to see about once a year on an average year. Also, the 49er's are getting their ass kicked right now. Partially why I named MV and DeJack as my starters today.
Back to top Go down
BEAST MODE
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
BEAST MODE

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Actually been taking an interest in NFL recently, as a Brit it's not huge over here but we usually get 2 live games a week and the highlights from all the other games. Gonna try and get tickets for the game at Wembley next month.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:

Sorry, I don't pay much attention to second string QB's that I get to see about once a year on an average year. Also, the 49er's are getting their ass kicked right now. Partially why I named MV and DeJack as my starters today.
its okay, because 49ers got the last laugh with the w.
Back to top Go down
Zadok
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Zadok

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:41 pm

SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:

It's okay, because they won't make it to the playoff's as long as Alex Smith is a quarterback.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:

It's okay, because they won't make it to the playoff's as long as Alex Smith is a quarterback.
alex smith has had 7 different offensive coordinators. multiple head coaches, none of which has taught much discipline. he hasn't gotten a chance to develop under any system. plus, the 49ers are finally playing 60 minute football. they are playing in a division that might be worse than last year, and they have a 3-1 record. alex smith isn't elite by any means, but jim harbaugh is showing that alex smith can win ball games. the 49ers have offensive and defenive coordinators this year that are used to having a sub par qb (ravens oc and dc from the 2000 ravens who had trent dilfer)
Back to top Go down
Zadok
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Zadok

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:21 pm

SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:

alex smith has had 7 different offensive coordinators. multiple head coaches, none of which has taught much discipline. he hasn't gotten a chance to develop under any system. plus, the 49ers are finally playing 60 minute football. they are playing in a division that might be worse than last year, and they have a 3-1 record. alex smith isn't elite by any means, but jim harbaugh is showing that alex smith can win ball games. the 49ers have offensive and defenive coordinators this year that are used to having a sub par qb (ravens oc and dc from the 2000 ravens who had trent dilfer)

That's an awfully good point that is difficult to argue with. However, the Eagles seem to be plagued by not being able to play 60-minute football. They should be 4-0, however, the 3 loss slump appears to come as a direct result of their defense losing it in the 2nd half of football games. I'm an Eagles fan, obviously. The NFC West this year is going to come down to the 49er's and the Rams, not the Seahawks and Rams like it did last year. Michael Crabtree impressed me today, and so did Smith's resiliency. My last post was just my bias towards the Eagles loss, which was their own fault. Regardless, San Francisco has something to be proud of with pulling off a win against a "Dream Team" that's turned in to a nightmare as of late, and they lost in the fashion I said they would. Regardless, I'm hoping that Juan Castillo (the O-Line transitioned DC) can figure it out, or Philadelphia will be losing the big guy that's been around since I've been watching Eagles football. At least Harbaugh is less of a liability than the asshole of a coach they had last year. Too much drama. I honestly couldn't see Smith succeeding with him as their coach anyway. I'm honestly hoping that Smith develops in to the quarterback that the 49er's saw when they drafted him, I just hoped that he wouldn't play as good against the Eagles, lol.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:

That's an awfully good point that is difficult to argue with. However, the Eagles seem to be plagued by not being able to play 60-minute football. They should be 4-0, however, the 3 loss slump appears to come as a direct result of their defense losing it in the 2nd half of football games. I'm an Eagles fan, obviously. The NFC West this year is going to come down to the 49er's and the Rams, not the Seahawks and Rams like it did last year. Michael Crabtree impressed me today, and so did Smith's resiliency. My last post was just my bias towards the Eagles loss, which was their own fault. Regardless, San Francisco has something to be proud of with pulling off a win against a "Dream Team" that's turned in to a nightmare as of late, and they lost in the fashion I said they would. Regardless, I'm hoping that Juan Castillo (the O-Line transitioned DC) can figure it out, or Philadelphia will be losing the big guy that's been around since I've been watching Eagles football. At least Harbaugh is less of a liability than the asshole of a coach they had last year. Too much drama. I honestly couldn't see Smith succeeding with him as their coach anyway. I'm honestly hoping that Smith develops in to the quarterback that the 49er's saw when they drafted him, I just hoped that he wouldn't play as good against the Eagles, lol.
i gotta say, vince young deepthroated his foot when he called eagles the dream team.
Back to top Go down
Zadok
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Zadok

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:55 pm

SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:
Zadok wrote:
SuperByNature wrote:

i gotta say, vince young deepthroated his foot when he called eagles the dream team.
They're more of a Nightmare, like I've said. Michael Vick can blame who ever he wants, officials, O-Line, etc., but it's really his own fault that they're 3-0. In the very least they should be 3-1, not 1-3. Oh well. If they don't make it to the playoffs this year, at least they'll be higher up on the draft board and can draft a decent middle-linebacker. I just hope the downfall of Jason Peters leads to an inception of King Dunlap, who really isn't that bad, he just needs to work on his technique a bit more. I just wish that instead of looking for the big play they'd run the ball, because they've proven they can do that. If they don't do that, and look for the big play and continue to lose, as much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't expect anything less than Andy Reid being ousted out of Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
Zadok
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Zadok

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm likely going to be doing a weekly discussion about each NFL Week, up until the Superbowl, just to see how many American Football fans we have on here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 4 Discussion   NFL Week 4 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL Week 4 Discussion
Page 1 of 1