The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
Battle of the Bookers EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
Battle of the Bookers EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
Battle of the Bookers EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
Battle of the Bookers EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
Battle of the Bookers EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Battle of the Bookers EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Battle of the Bookers

Go down 
+5
fuck
Cole
Harold
Karl
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

Battle of the Bookers Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:03 am

Battle of the Bookers BOTB
Battle of the Bookers
Opening Words
Okay, now ... I noticed that the UBL is basically John v Dan v Karl. Fair enough. But I know there area a plethora of good bookers out there that are just waiting for the next great booking league to come along. I believe this to be that. I think a slight problem with the UBL is that the contestants where hand-chosen. If somebody actively signs up out of their own free will it means their interest is perked and there is a better chance of longetivity on said persons behalf. Please, please, please don't sign up if you are not going to be active. Like actually don't waste my time or yours. I'm going to be very strict. If you miss one show fair enough. If you miss two in a row - you're OUT! Of course if you inform me that you are going away/you have a busy two weeks that's cool. But no matter what excuse if you miss four shows in a six-week period - you're out! I really want this too work. Like badly. I'll be putting everything into running this, so I expect you guys, the bookers to put everything into making sure you have a weekly show. I don't care about how many posts we have like legit, if we have six companies and I get six posts a week (six shows) that's me satisfied.

Please do this.

Please.

Application Form
Company Name:
Company Colour:
Company Theme Song:
Company HQ [no other company can hold shows in this State/Area]:
Weekly Show:
Day of Show:
Authority Figure:
Interviewer:
Championships:

Rules
**Try to keep storylines original.
**You must write a weekly show. (If for some reason you are unable to write a show for a coming up week, make sure to give notice and that missed show will be excused unless it is your second week in a row w/o explanation or it is your fourth show missed in six weeks)
**The weekly show is allowed 5 matches, 2 in-ring segments, and up to 6 backstage segments. Keep them tasteful. (Weekly shows are posted on a day that is decided by you.)
**A monthly “pay-per-view” show must be made each month. It should have an original name. (No using WrestleMania, Lockdown, etc.) ["PPVs" are posted on Sundays.]
**The monthly “PPV” is allowed up to 8 matches and 5 backstage segments. Only one in-ring segments will be allowed. (You must post your final "PPV" card must be posted the Friday before for review. Exception if your show day is Saturday) [PPVs where every match is held under Extreme Rules, the match limit is lowered to 7 matches and backstage segments remain as posted.]
**A minimum of 3 Championships must be on your brand. The only required championship is the Heavyweight Championship.
**All shows will be posted in this thread.
**Your roster is allowed 20-40 wrestling talents. This includes: male wrestlers, women wrestlers, managers, and valets. Backstage interviewers do not count towards the draft limit.
**Trading between brands is accepted and welcomed.
**Cross-promoting between brands is also accepted but not required.
**You may pick up talent from the free agency at any time, as long as they fit into the 40 talent limit, but they must be used by the coming up “PPV.”
**All talent is considered in their prime. No deceased.
**All news items involving your brand will be posted on this thread. (This includes singings and releases.)

The Backstory
The pro-wrestling world in America and Canada has COLLAPSED! Theodore Long, Roddy Piper, Dixie Carter, Gabe Salopsky, DJ Hyde and Stephanie McMahon have all joined together to form the BotB Board of Directors. With their combined knowledge, money and power they have set up an affiliation of sorts for bookers who wish to form their own company in the hope of making it big in America/Canada once again. They know every contract in America except a select few is up for grabs. They know there is a HUGE chance for numerous promoters/bookers. This is YOUR chance.

Select Few
The industry has only collapsed in the USA and Canada. This means that you can't draft/sign stars that predominately wrestle in Japan,Mexico or Europe. If they wrestle independently in Europe you can sign them but basically any guys who wrestle a lot for NJPW, CMLL and the likes is off limits. However everybody has three slots on their roster that aren't included in the 35-Talent limit. These are reserved for wrestlers who are the guys you can't sign too make 'special appearances' (6 weekly shows and 2 PPVs per season is the allowed limit). You don't have to use these, but the option is there. There are also a 'Select Few' who went to Japan/Mexico/Europe after the collapse in USA/Canada. They are listed below and are also unable to be signed at all.

CM Punk is now working for NJPW
Kurt Angle is now working in multiple companies in Japan
The King's of Wrestling are now working for AMLL
Bryan Danielson is touring Europe for the next six months

Some (imo) Useful Advice
The most helpful thing I can say is that I don't care if your roster is made up of WWE stars or guys who wrestled in a gym in Ohio. I'm interested in the booking. Don't do the Indy route to be cool. If you don't know indies - STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

A suggestion to a newer writer is to try and start off with 40 superstars that you KNOW you can use, I believe 40 is a great number because you will be able to write special events like the Royal Rumble and have enough, while at the same time being able to use the majority of the superstars on your roster, so that nobody is left out. Now, you might say how can I narrow it down to 40 superstars or is there even 40 superstars that I WANT, well here are some helpful hints. First, separate that 40 into Main Eventers, Mid-Carders, cruiser weights, tag teams and jobbers. You should have 6-8 Main Eventers (title contenders that the headline the show), 10 mid-carders (guys that compete for the US or IC title, they fill in the gaps), around 5 tag teams (self explanatory, so 5 teams out 2=10), and around 7-8 Cruiser weights (guys like Mysterio, Billy Kidman and Ultimo Dragon) if you have a Cruiserweight division, these are guys that you can elevate into the mid-card area if it becomes stale or into the Tag Team Division for a short period of time. Finally throw in a few guys that you don't care about (Maven, Gene Snitsky etc.) that can be used to make your bigger guys look stronger. Obviously as you may not get everyone in the draft, double what I said. So mail me 10-12 Main Eventers, 20 Mid Carders etc.

Coinciding with who you think you have a good chance of getting on your roster its time to create your titles, normally I would suggest keeping the amount of titles down, lets say start with 4 championships, a World Title (most important, for the Main Event) a mid card title (say IC or US to use as a stepping stone) and the Tag Team Titles.... Finally ex it off with the Cruiserweight Title to add some flair into the show. Another title you could add is the Hardcore Title or a Womens Title, or something along those lines, again you don't have to call them (Intercontinental Title) feel free to come up with something new like the Atlantic title, or something along those lines, after you've decided on that, it's time to move on. I'd nearly always recommend this. World, Mid-Card, Tag, Gimmick. If you're a more confident booker you could have World, Mid-Card, Tertiary (e.g Euro Championship), Tag, Gimmick. I reckon only the very best could handle more than five championships amongst a fourty man roster. I also think only the very best can handle the minimum of three ~ Unless it's a smaller roster.

First off, plan a few months ahead so you know exactly what you want to accomplish, for example if your starting a WWE fed, and you want to start at the beginning of the wrestling year (Day after WrestleMania), then first thing you should do once you have your roster and titles, is figure out what you want to do at the next PPV like feuds and such, and then work backwards, that way you will have an exact direction that you want to take your work. Have a few months planned out before you write, keep in mind that you can still make changes as you go, but having a general direction will help you keep your focus. Obviously nobody here WILL be booking a company called the WWE and planning towards an event called WrestleMania -_-

Once you have everything planned, and a basic outline of what you want to see happen, its time to start writing, over the first couple of shows is when you start building your story lines, highlighting your feature talent and establishing your champions, however just as important and most often ignored is character development. While it is difficult to do with a large roster, it is important that everyone on your roster have his or her own distinguished personality to set them apart, and when your roster is shortened from 40 (35 or especially 30) it's important to create distinction between each and every person on the roster. For example, you want to establish a monster, you use Kane, in a simple promo or act to demonstrate that he is a monster with no conscience. Developing characters and pushing them correctly is the best way to get recognition for your brand.

One of the greatest feds I have ever read was one where the matches themselves weren't necessarily 5 stars, but because the story lines were so unique, it was an instant hit. Be creative, and be original, take these characters that you have created and molded and throw them through situations, like friendship, betrayal, depression, manipulation, loss of faith and much more..... Experiment with characters, find out what works and what doesn't, what works for one writer doesn't work for another, find what works for you.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:06 am

Adam, you are in UBL?
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:14 am

Also, I need to talk to you about the thing.
Back to top Go down
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:19 am

Company Name: Kosmic Fusiion Wrestling [KFW]
Company Colour: Gold
Company Theme Song: 'ULTRAnumb' by Blue Stahli

Company HQ [no other company can hold shows in this State/Area]: Melbourne, Australia
Weekly Show: Wednesday Night Chaos
Day of Show: Wednesday
Authority Figure: Paul Heyman
Interviewer: Todd Grisham
Championships:

1. Chaos World Championship
2. Fusiion Tag Team Championships
3. Elite Championship

---------------------------------------------------------

I know I am knew to booking, but I would be active and try my best. I already have an idea of who I want on my roster and who I do not Smile ... Well, if you accept me of course haha!
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:10 am

Company Name: Ultimate X Wrestling
Company Colour: Red
Company Theme Song: Alive and Kicking by Nonpoint
Company HQ [no other company can hold shows in this State/Area]: Miami, Florida
Weekly Show: UXW's Rampage
Day of Show: Thursday
Authority Figure: Mick Foley
Interviewer: Josh Matthews
Championships:
UXW Heavyweight Championship
UXW North American Championship
UXW Tag Team Championships

Last edited by Cujo Mark on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:50 am

Not gonna happen...
Back to top Go down
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:16 am

Marik, the Rapist wrote:
Not gonna happen...
It will happen tbh
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:25 am

Both accepted tbh!xoxox
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:31 am

Adam, are you doing UBL or not?
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 am

Company Name: Cult Wrestling Federation
Company Colour: Steel Blue
Company Theme Song:

Company HQ [no other company can hold shows in this State/Area]: Chicago, Illinois
Weekly Show: CWF; Live
Day of Show: Tuesday
Authority Figure: William Regal
Interviewer: Jeremy Borash
Championships:
CWF Heavyweight Championship
[Shows Rarely, If Ever, Take Place Outside of Chicago, Thus Is Not Recognized as a "World" Championship]
CWF Chicago Champion
[Mid-Card Title of CWF, Used Predominately As a Stepping Stone For Stars on the Verge of a "Push"]
CWF Tag Team Championship
[Designed For the Tag Teams in CWF. Not Overly Prestigious but Highly Respected By Those Individuals Who Compete in the Tag Team Division]
AnTi-GraV Championship
[The Featues of CWF; Live Shows. Although the Title is Never Defended on "Pay-Per-View", Matches From it's Division are Highly Touted and Very Over With the Fans]

Last edited by God? Nah, CIMA on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:49 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:46 am

So how are we choosing rosters? Because I've got one worked out that I'd like ... if accepted lol
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:27 am

Acceptedddd .. mail me a list of guys ! xoxo
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:32 am

Sent
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Kay! Cool bump!
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:58 pm

I sent mine.

Plus I made some changes to my app
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Company Name: New Dimension Wrestling
Company Colour: Orange
Company Theme Song: Shook Ones Part II - Mobb Deep
Company HQ [no other company can hold shows in this State/Area]: Queensbridge, Queens, New York
Weekly Show: Voice of the Ghetto
Day of Show: Friday Nights
Authority Figure: 'Uptown' D'Lo Brown
Interviewer: Teddy Long
Championships: NDW Championship, NDW Gangsta's Championship
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Hazza
Davey Richards
Kevin Steen
Jeff Hardy
Cody Rhodes
John Morrison
The Miz
Super Dragon
Ashley Sixx
Jack Swagger
Jimmy Jacobs
Mr. Anderson
Wade Barrett
Brian Kendrick
New Jack
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Robert Roode
James Storm
Tommy Dreamer
Raven
Stevie Richards
Nova
Jake
Homicide
Austin Aries
Christian Cage
Kane
R-Truth
Jon Moxley
Colt Cabana
Rey Mysterio
Zack Ryder
Anarquia
Hernandez
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Brother Ray
Brother Devon
Rhett Titus
Kenny King
Douglas Williams
Brutus Magnus
Christopher Daniels
Adam Cole
Evan Bourne
Cole
Elijah Burke
Chris Jericho
Edge
MVP
Carlito
Shelton Benjamin
Charlie Hass
Shad Gaspard
Kazarian
Amazing Red
Curt Hawkins
Booker T
Mark Henry
Sheamus
Justin Gabriel
JBL
Farooq
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Sin Cara
Trent Barreta
Chris Masters

-----

If I counted correctly everyone has 22. I ask ya'll to send me another list with NONE of these guys on it so I can try and get everyone to as close as possible to fourty!
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Styles

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:18 am

ME!!!
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:17 am

Make an app noodle head!

Last edited by God? Nah, CIMA on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:19 am

Chances of using CIMA & Bryan Danielson as my "Ring Ins"?
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Styles

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 am

Application Form
Company Name: Philly Elite Wrestling
Company Colour: Green
Company Theme Song: I Wanna Be - Adelitas Way
Company HQ [no other company can hold shows in this State/Area]: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Weekly Show: Revolution
Day of Show: Saturday
Authority Figure: Jim Corette and Mystery Guy. {PMs Adam}
Interviewer: Kevin Kelly
Championships:

Philly Heavyweight Championship

[This the Main Event Championship. This title will be fought for by Main Event dudes. Jim does want this title to be a "old" title name so he kept it Heavyweight]

Philly Stars Championship

[This title is for people who are about to get "pushed" will put them over and give them a title run before going up to the big smoke. Each person who holds it will have their name on the belt which will be in a star]

Philly Tag Team Championship

[For people who tag team for a living. This title will not be thrown at random tag teams.]

Philly No Gravity Championship

[This title is for wrestlers who just are unstoppable in the air and can do amazing moves and will put them over with the crowd.]
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Kay cool accetped.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:56 am

Cuz I sent you mine I should get all the people I wanted lol
Back to top Go down
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:38 am

I sent some more dudes to put on my roster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Bookers   Battle of the Bookers Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Bookers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next