» That's Right.
Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:28 pm by RED

» Fuck you
Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:14 pm by RED

Poll #114
Top posting users this week
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

Before she dominated her competition, an 11-year-old Beth Phoenix won a coloring contest through a local New York newspaper to win two tickets to her first WWE event.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
Septembers Member of the Month is CAPTAIN! Due to his highly entertaining WWE 2014 TEW Diary/Booker and activity on the site. Congratulations Captain! Keep the good work up and you may be the MoTM for October!
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Somebody fill me in on this

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Somebody fill me in on this   Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:57 pm

In the 'Did You Know' box it says that Triple H and Taker were both fined for using a steel chair shot to the head...Why were they fined for using a steel chair shot to the head Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Just prior to last year's WrestleMania, chair-shots to the head were banned from WWE due to the large number of serious injuries that often resulted in the impact. This past Sunday during their match, after using a chair on 'Taker's back several times, Triple H hit him in the head with it.
Back to top Go down
Haz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:26 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Just prior to last year's WrestleMania, chair-shots to the head were banned from WWE due to the large number of serious injuries that often resulted in the impact. This past Sunday during their match, after using a chair on 'Taker's back several times, Triple H hit him in the head with it.
You have got to be kidding? That is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. But also, there was a 'Steel Chair' match or something of the sort at the previous TLC event.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:28 pm

They were banned due to the amount of concussions suffered by men who have been hit in the head with a chair. Vince had to make the call.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Hazza wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
You have got to be kidding? That is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. But also, there was a 'Steel Chair' match or something of the sort at the previous TLC event.
I disagree. Chair Shots to the head cause many injuries, and WWE was smart to ban them. pretty much every other wrestling promotion and Chris Nowinski's Pro Sports Institute have agreed that that is a smart idea.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:42 am

Chair shots to the head add alot of flare to a match, especially one with DQs. I don't know why they didn't just put their hand there like they do for a headbutt. Less concussions, and can easily sell the move.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:45 am

JHF0410[JonIsThe#1Peep] wrote:
Chair shots to the head add alot of flare to a match, especially one with DQs. I don't know why they didn't just put their hand there like they do for a headbutt. Less concussions, and can easily sell the move.
they do put their hands there. that's how they have always done chair shots. and while it reduces the risk of concussion, it still has a huge concussion risk.
Back to top Go down
Haz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:48 am

Super Perfect wrote:
they do put their hands there. that's how they have always done chair shots. and while it reduces the risk of concussion, it still has a huge concussion risk.
It should be entirely up to the wrestler taking the shot to the head.

Also I can't go on teamdrpeppercherry, I've gotta go to work.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:52 am

Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:

Well, if the wrestler wants to risk a concussion, let them!
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:55 am

Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:

you know, this is why vince mcmahon is at a damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation. he makes Foley retire. a lot of people don't like that. he lets benoit keep wrestling until he kills himself (with mcmahon not knowing he was that bad), people don't like that. he bans chair shots and other things to reduce concussions. people dislike that. i mean, really, he is between a rock and a hard place.

and you could have said that 20 minutes ago, hazza...
Back to top Go down
Haz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:13 am

Super Perfect wrote:
Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:

you know, this is why vince mcmahon is at a damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation. he makes Foley retire. a lot of people don't like that. he lets benoit keep wrestling until he kills himself (with mcmahon not knowing he was that bad), people don't like that. he bans chair shots and other things to reduce concussions. people dislike that. i mean, really, he is between a rock and a hard place.

I couldn't give to s-hits about any of that. Vince is responsible for the PG era, which is slowly turning wrestling into garbage.

I can go on now?
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:23 am

Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:
Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:

I couldn't give to s-hits about any of that. Vince is responsible for the PG era, which is slowly turning wrestling into garbage.

I can go on now?
its not his fault for the PG era. if anything, the Attitude era ruined wrestling.

sure.
Back to top Go down
Haz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:36 am

Super Perfect wrote:
Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:
Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:

I can go on now?
its not his fault for the PG era. if anything, the Attitude era ruined wrestling.

sure.
YOU BETTER BE JOKING!

I've been on and off all day soz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 am

Hazza wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
There was, however they were all to the back.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:02 am

Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:
Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:
Hazza wrote:
Super Perfect wrote:

I can go on now?

sure.
YOU BETTER BE JOKING!

I've been on and off all day soz.
no, i am not joking. the Attitude Era was a great era, don't get me wrong, but they threw every idea they had in reserve into the Attitude era. now, any idea they can possibly think of, has been already done. and now that fans have gotten a little taste of what wrestling could be like if they did all this hardcore stuff, they won't be changed back ever. its like what shawn michaels said "You can't use Epic to describe it because its already been used so many times." there have been so many chair shots to the head, or bloody superstars that the shock value is gone. We started to see matches there where superstars would do the craziest ****, put their bodies on the line like nobody before them, and they hardly got a reaction. Matt Hardy almost **** himself up by blading the wrong way. some matches were guaranteed concussions. and, like i said, hardly any reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somebody fill me in on this   

Back to top Go down

Somebody fill me in on this
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1