The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
True or False EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
True or False EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
True or False EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
True or False EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
True or False EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
True or False EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
True or False EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
True or False EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
True or False EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
True or False EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

True or False

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

True or False Empty
PostSubject: True or False   True or False EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:17 am

David Arquette is a bigger name in professional wrestling than Owen Hart, Mr. Perfect, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Ted DiBiase Sr.?

Now before you're quick to call me stupid and answer with false, let's look at the facts.
David Arquette has wrestled in five matches, three of which he won. He won his debut match, which lead to a WCW Title shot, which he won in tag action before defending and retaining the belt against Tank Abbott. Granted he lost the belt six days later, but he wasn't pinned and helped Jeff Jarrett in winning in what was a huge swerve. He then lost his return to the ring against Randy Orton in a handicap match when teaming with Alex Riley, but the thing that comes from all this, constant Main-Event match ups and a former world champion, something the opposing four men cannot lay claim to.

Owen Hart, firstly, as we all know Owen Hart died a tragic death, but does that change the fact that he never done anything overly special? No, no it does not. Just because Own Hart died, it does not mean he was more than a talented mid-carder does it? He was talented yes, not as talented as Bret Hart, if you try to tell me he is, someone ought to kick you in the groin area. I know a lot of people are going to come in here and say, if he hadn't of died he would have been world champion! But you don't know that, that's like me saying if he hadn't of died he would have grown wings and flew to the moon, no one can be sure of either. Owen Hart, mid-carder, mid-card champion.

Mr. Perfect, like Owen Hart, Hennig has passed away, and much like Owen Hart, wrestling fans like to remember him for he never was. Mr. Perfect for years did nothing but defeat a whole bunch of jobbers, had a series of fantastic vignettes before receiving a push .... to the Intercontinental Title, and he couldn't make it in WCW. Again a lot of people may credit him never making it to the top because of his constant back injuries, but much like with Owen, no ones knows if he would have made it anyway, again, he could have grown wings a flew to the moon.

Jerry "The King" Lawler one of the most over rated wrestlers in the business. Struggled in WWE, hell he never even came close to making it. He never won a title, and once he quit he faltered away on the Indy Scene before re joining the WWE as a commentator. And of course, because the WWE talked him up as a legend, gave him a Hall of Fame spot, yada yada yada, everyone agrees that he is this legend, but the fact of the matter is, he just doesn't know when to retire. Stay behind the desk Jerry, it's getting embarrassing. Jerry Lawler, over rated

Ted DiBiase Sr., one of the greatest wrestler to never hold the WWE Championship, but that's exactly the point. He never made it. He was again, just a mid-carder at best. Much like the men above him, you can say well ted won titles here, there, everywhere. he headlined other promotions that never really meant anything to anyone, but does that really count? It's like saying a man who won the award for best player for some Grid Iron Team in some D-League for men over 40 Years old seven times in a row was good enough to be the quarterback for any NFL Team. Ted DiBiase, never made it.

So, true of false?
Back to top Go down
JD
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
JD

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Jake Likes DGUSA wrote:
David Arquette is a bigger name in professional wrestling than Owen Hart, Mr. Perfect, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Ted DiBiase Sr.?

Now before you're quick to call me stupid and answer with false, let's look at the facts.
David Arquette has wrestled in five matches, three of which he won. He won his debut match, which lead to a WCW Title shot, which he won in tag action before defending and retaining the belt against Tank Abbott. Granted he lost the belt six days later, but he wasn't pinned and helped Jeff Jarrett in winning in what was a huge swerve. He then lost his return to the ring against Randy Orton in a handicap match when teaming with Alex Riley, but the thing that comes from all this, constant Main-Event match ups and a former world champion, something the opposing four men cannot lay claim to.

Owen Hart, firstly, as we all know Owen Hart died a tragic death, but does that change the fact that he never done anything overly special? No, no it does not. Just because Own Hart died, it does not mean he was more than a talented mid-carder does it? He was talented yes, not as talented as Bret Hart, if you try to tell me he is, someone ought to kick you in the groin area. I know a lot of people are going to come in here and say, if he hadn't of died he would have been world champion! But you don't know that, that's like me saying if he hadn't of died he would have grown wings and flew to the moon, no one can be sure of either. Owen Hart, mid-carder, mid-card champion.

Mr. Perfect, like Owen Hart, Hennig has passed away, and much like Owen Hart, wrestling fans like to remember him for he never was. Mr. Perfect for years did nothing but defeat a whole bunch of jobbers, had a series of fantastic vignettes before receiving a push .... to the Intercontinental Title, and he couldn't make it in WCW. Again a lot of people may credit him never making it to the top because of his constant back injuries, but much like with Owen, no ones knows if he would have made it anyway, again, he could have grown wings a flew to the moon.

Jerry "The King" Lawler one of the most over rated wrestlers in the business. Struggled in WWE, hell he never even came close to making it. He never won a title, and once he quit he faltered away on the Indy Scene before re joining the WWE as a commentator. And of course, because the WWE talked him up as a legend, gave him a Hall of Fame spot, yada yada yada, everyone agrees that he is this legend, but the fact of the matter is, he just doesn't know when to retire. Stay behind the desk Jerry, it's getting embarrassing. Jerry Lawler, over rated

Ted DiBiase Sr., one of the greatest wrestler to never hold the WWE Championship, but that's exactly the point. He never made it. He was again, just a mid-carder at best. Much like the men above him, you can say well ted won titles here, there, everywhere. he headlined other promotions that never really meant anything to anyone, but does that really count? It's like saying a man who won the award for best player for some Grid Iron Team in some D-League for men over 40 Years old seven times in a row was good enough to be the quarterback for any NFL Team. Ted DiBiase, never made it.

So, true of false?
As false as a 100$ coin.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 am

JD wrote:
Jake Likes DGUSA wrote:

So, true of false?
As false as a 100$ coin.

Elaborate, because the facts say otherwise
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:36 am

Technically, thats true ... The only reason why others would say false is because men like, Lawler, Owen, Perfect and DiBiase stuck with the company for their whole lives, know that they are legends, the kids who look up to say John Cena, are going to look at all of the legends in a different way.

Like ... okay.

This is Damien - !
He looks up to John Cena - @
John Cena (@) looks up to Mr. Perfect - %

so now, Damien (!) hears the Cena (@) likes Mr. Perfect (%) so now the kid (!) likes Mr. Perfect (%)!

I never really watched WCW, I only started watching WWE/TNA in the 2000. But, if you think about that off of the facts, David may not be a legend, but by the facts, some people can say, he has had a much more successful career then all of the legends. Only for those facts. I mean, I totally agree with Jake, Lawler = under rated. He isn't in his prime anymore, so why are they still giving him titles shots? He is a announcer. Not a wrestler. I mean, c'mon.

Owen & Mr. Perfect have passed and now are idolized in the hall of fame. They both had great careers but how many titles did each of them hold? and on one of their first matches did they win what was the WCW Championship?

DiBiase was a great heel, and everyone will only remember for his character and that he is a legend. Look at his son, sure he is in the WWE, but what are they doing with him? DiBiase Sr. > Jr. just for the fact that when WWE rises and rises again and again, they are going to fire DiBiase, and will anyone remember him? No, cause he wasn't that good in the ring, or on the mic. He will just be an after thought to DiBiase Sr. People will say like "DiBiase Sr. was one of the greatest heels in the WWE."
"Didn't he have a son?"
"Oh, yeah, that Ted DiBiase dude."

I mean, David has accomplished alot of things in his 15 minutes of fame. The people above, not so much. (Not saying they where jobbers or anything like that.)

So, I think technically, this is true. I just think other idolize the hall of famers more, then they think of David as a wrestler Razz
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:31 am

Maybe
Back to top Go down
BEAST MODE
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
BEAST MODE

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 am

Although David Arquette is undoubtedly a bigger name outside the wrestling world, I don't think he is bigger than any of those guys in the wrestling world. Even though he is the only one to win a World Title his wrestling career lasted a few months and he only became champ so he could promote his film. Owen Hart and co on the other hand were great servants to the business for years and I believe that had Owen's life not ended prematurely he was sure to win a World Title.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 am

Newsid wrote:
Although David Arquette is undoubtedly a bigger name outside the wrestling world, I don't think he is bigger than any of those guys in the wrestling world. Even though he is the only one to win a World Title his wrestling career lasted a few months and he only became champ so he could promote his film. Owen Hart and co on the other hand were great servants to the business for years and I believe that had Owen's life not ended prematurely he was sure to win a World Title.

But you can't be certain he'd go on to win the world title could you. Mid-card at best.
Back to top Go down
BEAST MODE
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
BEAST MODE

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Jake; Oh Radio wrote:
Newsid wrote:

But you can't be certain he'd go on to win the world title could you. Mid-card at best.

Actually former members of the backroom staff and creative have said that he would have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True or False Empty
PostSubject: Re: True or False   True or False Empty

Back to top Go down

True or False
Page 1 of 1