The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
The View of a Scotsman EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
The View of a Scotsman EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
The View of a Scotsman EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
The View of a Scotsman EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
The View of a Scotsman EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
The View of a Scotsman EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
The View of a Scotsman EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
The View of a Scotsman EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
The View of a Scotsman EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
The View of a Scotsman EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The View of a Scotsman

Go down 
+6
SP
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Sam
White guy
SuperByNature
Karl
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

The View of a Scotsman Empty
PostSubject: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Starting from tonight, I will be posting blogs after perhaps a new Champion is crowned or someone is signed to a company. If I feel like writing about it, I will.

Last edited by кαяℓ уσ вιт¢нєѕ on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Name change)
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:35 pm

I have decided to do something different because this is just a review thing lol.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 pm

40 Man Rumble

There has been a mixed reaction regarding the decision to change the Royal Rumble Match from having 30 Participants to 40 Participants. Some people think it was a great move by the WWE while others believe it was a big mistake. Now I am sitting on the proverbial fence. Do I like it or don't I?

Well let's start off with the bad sides. With 40 men being confirmed for this match then we know it is going to last longer than previous Rumbles. We know previous matches have lasted over an hour so with an added ten men it is going to take somewhere between 90 minutes and 2 hours. This means other matches in the PPV will be rushed and most likely sloppy.

Now let's look at the good points. With more guys comes more opportunities. We will no longer just see the guys we see week in week out on RAW and Smackdown. We will now get the chance to see more of the up and coming stars on the roster. Guys like Zack Ryder who are always seen on Superstars will now get a chance to be in the main event of a PPV. This can only mean that the WWE are attempting to help push these guys.

Now I for one am actually more happy than anything else about this decision. It may also mean we see Kane's record for most eliminations in a single Rumble match broken. Now the Royal Rumble Match is my favourite match of the year so if it does not meet my expectations then you can expect to hear about it in my next blog.

My next blog will be up on Monday and it will be regarding the Royal Rumble PPV. Look out for it and please give me feedback on this blog.

Karl Bury
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:06 pm

кαяℓ уσ вιт¢нєѕ wrote:
40 Man Rumble

There has been a mixed reaction regarding the decision to change the Royal Rumble Match from having 30 Participants to 40 Participants. Some people think it was a great move by the WWE while others believe it was a big mistake. Now I am sitting on the proverbial fence. Do I like it or don't I?

Well let's start off with the bad sides. With 40 men being confirmed for this match then we know it is going to last longer than previous Rumbles. We know previous matches have lasted over an hour so with an added ten men it is going to take somewhere between 90 minutes and 2 hours. This means other matches in the PPV will be rushed and most likely sloppy.

Now let's look at the good points. With more guys comes more opportunities. We will no longer just see the guys we see week in week out on RAW and Smackdown. We will now get the chance to see more of the up and coming stars on the roster. Guys like Zack Ryder who are always seen on Superstars will now get a chance to be in the main event of a PPV. This can only mean that the WWE are attempting to help push these guys.

Now I for one am actually more happy than anything else about this decision. It may also mean we see Kane's record for most eliminations in a single Rumble match broken. Now the Royal Rumble Match is my favourite match of the year so if it does not meet my expectations then you can expect to hear about it in my next blog.

My next blog will be up on Monday and it will be regarding the Royal Rumble PPV. Look out for it and please give me feedback on this blog.

Karl Bury
I could see it both ways. Last year, the PPV ended a sloppy 20 minutes early because the superstars were eliminating each other too fast. So this decision could be made to a.) push more guys or b.) fill the card better. However, if the match does wind up taking too long, like you said, the other matches may not live up to their full potential.

I also think adding ten more guys ruins the history of it ... like stats and records. Now the previously "lucky" number 30 spot is now useless, making number 40 the desired entry spot.
Back to top Go down
SuperByNature
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:20 pm

I just gotta say, i don't see much problem with 40 men.

for one, if they reduce entrance times to, let's say 60 seconds, you actually cut down the time of the rumble.

that solves time issue. the only problem I have is fillers. you know there is gonna be a max of 8-10 guys who can actually win the match, and that's stretching it. considering that most of the rumble will be those fillers, its gonna get old quick "oh yoshi tatsu! he's gonna be eliminated." "oh look, its zack ryder. i don't care anymore"
Back to top Go down
White guy
Rookie
Rookie
White guy

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:34 pm

40 Man Royal Rumble is just a way to say Rey Mysterio survives 39 other superstars that all at least double his weight including Beth Pheonix. However we know that the only ones that really stand a chance to win are
Super Cena (It's Cena nuff said)
Super Rey (Cause after all midgets can do everything right?)
Morrison (in the midst of a huge push finally)
Sheamus (not likely he seems to be getting heavily stale)
Big Show (would destroy the Royal Rumble if the fat gay guy from MacGruber won)
CM Punk (One of the things he hasnt accomplished plus him having an automatic title shot would give them a reason to transition Nexus from Cena to Orton or even make Mania Punk vs Orton vs Cena)
Triple H (lets hope not we can go without ever seeing him destroy a match with his boring ring work)
Jack Swagger (just so they can job him at Mania)
Undertaker (because he is a dick sucker)
Wade Barrett (Just kidding)
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:14 am

Dan wrote:
40 Man Royal Rumble is just a way to say Rey Mysterio survives 39 other superstars that all at least double his weight including Beth Pheonix. However we know that the only ones that really stand a chance to win are
Super Cena (It's Cena nuff said)
Super Rey (Cause after all midgets can do everything right?)
Morrison (in the midst of a huge push finally)
Sheamus (not likely he seems to be getting heavily stale)
Big Show (would destroy the Royal Rumble if the fat **** guy from MacGruber won)
CM Punk (One of the things he hasnt accomplished plus him having an automatic title shot would give them a reason to transition Nexus from Cena to Orton or even make Mania Punk vs Orton vs Cena)
Triple H (lets hope not we can go without ever seeing him destroy a match with his boring ring work)
Jack Swagger (just so they can job him at Mania)
Undertaker (because he is a dick sucker)
Wade Barrett (Just kidding)

I don't see Alberto Del Rio on that list Razz
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Edge's Retirement!

On RAW 12-04-11 Edge announced that he is retiring from the WWE. Many were shocked to hear this, many were sad and many were happy. I am sure, if Edge had the choice, he would have stayed but unfortunately, some things are outwith our control. Edge was told he had to retire and he did. I am sure that you would rather retire on top than end up in a wheelchair.

Edge was respected by everyone in the WWE and everyone outside the WWE. It's a real shame that he had to leave us on someone else's terms but somethings are just like that. I myself will miss him but I would much rather see him leave the World Heavyweight Champion than watch him crumble like so many have before him.

A lot of people will be wondering what will happen with the World Heavyweight Championship now that Edge has retired and I feel I should take this time to give my view on what should happen and what will happen. I think the WWE will have Christian take Edge's spot in the World Heavyweight Championship match and I also them having Christian win the Championship. I do agree that Christian should be the one to face Alberto Del Rio but I think that this is the WWE's chance to have Del Rio win the Championship and look like the Main Eventer he is meant to be.

Now back to Edge. He is gone and there is nothing that will change that. He will be terribly missed and many will live in hope that he will one day come back. He may come back but he will never be the competitor he was. If Edge is to come back to the WWE then I highly doubt it will be as an active competitor. Smackdown will miss Edge more than we will miss him because with Edge gone Smackdown have lost their biggest name.

Overall, Edge's retirement struck a blow with me. I was both shocked and saddened to see Edge cut his promo tonight. I could feel the emotion that was being put into it and it really got me. I hope Edge recovers from his injury and I hope he lives a long and healthy life. Thank you Edge; you will not be forgotten!

Edge
1992-2011
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:48 pm

The View of a Scotsman is returning!
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

A Silver Lining?

So numerous wrestling sites have been reporting that John Cena is currently working through some nagging injuries. Right now it is not been confirmed so it is currently a rumour but I do believe that Cena is fighting through some injuries.

First off, if this is true then what will Cena do? There are two things that WWE can do; they can either write him off television or give him a VERY light load. As the WWE Champion, I think the latter is out of the question. I think Cena being written off would be good for him and for others, but I will get to that later.

If Cena is written off television then it gives him time to heal from his injuries and come back bigger and better, like he always does. It would also help Creative as it gives them time to come up with something before his big match with The Rock at Wrestlemania.

This could also help other guys on the RAW roster as it would give someone a chance to shine and take the "reigns" while Cena is on the shelf. Guys like R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio can finally have their moment on RAW and work the Main Event scene.

My pick to carry RAW while Cena is out would have to be Triple H. We all know Triple H is nearing the end of his career and one last run with the WWE Championship would give him the proper send off he deserves. Also, with talks of him facing The Miz at Wrestlemania 28, this would give Creative the chance to start off the rivalry. Have Triple H win the Championship and, when the time comes, have Cena invoke his rematch clause in his return. The Miz could get involved in the match and cost Triple H the title, beginning the feud. They could then go on to have some awesome promos and matches against each other with it culminating in a Retirement Match at Wrestlemania. Have Triple H win and give him the farewell he deserves.

Obviously this is just my opinion and a lot of this will most likely not happen but I would love to see this.

As always, give me some thoughts and feedback and my next blog will be up soon!
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:30 am

Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

So numerous wrestling sites have been reporting that John Cena is currently working through some nagging injuries. Right now it is not been confirmed so it is currently a rumour but I do believe that Cena is fighting through some injuries.

First off, if this is true then what will Cena do? There are two things that WWE can do; they can either write him off television or give him a VERY light load. As the WWE Champion, I think the latter is out of the question. I think Cena being written off would be good for him and for others, but I will get to that later.

If Cena is written off television then it gives him time to heal from his injuries and come back bigger and better, like he always does. It would also help Creative as it gives them time to come up with something before his big match with The Rock at Wrestlemania.

This could also help other guys on the RAW roster as it would give someone a chance to shine and take the "reigns" while Cena is on the shelf. Guys like R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio can finally have their moment on RAW and work the Main Event scene.

My pick to carry RAW while Cena is out would have to be Triple H. We all know Triple H is nearing the end of his career and one last run with the WWE Championship would give him the proper send off he deserves. Also, with talks of him facing The Miz at Wrestlemania 28, this would give Creative the chance to start off the rivalry. Have Triple H win the Championship and, when the time comes, have Cena invoke his rematch clause in his return. The Miz could get involved in the match and cost Triple H the title, beginning the feud. They could then go on to have some awesome promos and matches against each other with it culminating in a Retirement Match at Wrestlemania. Have Triple H win and give him the farewell he deserves.

Obviously this is just my opinion and a lot of this will most likely not happen but I would love to see this.

Don't you mean that The Miz has the win since it's a retirement match for Triple H or are you trying to say that Triple H wins then retires anyway after the match?
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:56 pm

[quote="Samuel"]
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

Don't you mean that The Miz has the win since it's a retirement match for Triple H or are you trying to say that Triple H wins then retires anyway after the match?[/quote

Triple H wins and then retires anyway. I am not a fan of the whole "lose your last match" thing.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:00 pm

[quote="Steven Hall Mark!"]
Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

Don't you mean that The Miz has the win since it's a retirement match for Triple H or are you trying to say that Triple H wins then retires anyway after the match?[/quote

Triple H wins and then retires anyway. I am not a fan of the whole "lose your last match" thing.

I guess you weren't too pleased at the way Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels went out then?
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 pm

[quote="Samuel"]
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

I guess you weren't too pleased at the way Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels went out then?

Ric Flair I had mixed feelings with as he should left long before his match with HBK at Wrestlemania so I was just happy to see him out of the ring lol.

As for HBK, I was actually quite disappointed with the way he went out. It did have a lot of emotion in it but I would rather have seen him have one last victory before retiring.

Like Trish did. I know she makes a few appearances right now so she is only "Semi Retired" but I liked the way she went out. She defeated her long time rival Lita to win the Women's Championship for one last time, completing her record.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

Ric Flair I had mixed feelings with as he should left long before his match with HBK at Wrestlemania so I was just happy to see him out of the ring lol.

As for HBK, I was actually quite disappointed with the way he went out. It did have a lot of emotion in it but I would rather have seen him have one last victory before retiring.

Like Trish did. I know she makes a few appearances right now so she is only "Semi Retired" but I liked the way she went out. She defeated her long time rival Lita to win the Women's Championship for one last time, completing her record.

I see what you mean because It just wouldn't feel right to retire on a loss as you've put in so much effort and dedication that's probably one of the reasons why Ric Flair went to TNA minus the money
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:12 pm

[quote="Samuel"]
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

I see what you mean because It just wouldn't feel right to retire on a loss as you've put in so much effort and dedication that probably one of the reasons why Ric Flair went to TNA minus the money

Exactly! Why should a guy like Ric Flair, who made wrestling not only their passion but also their life, retire on a loss. I mean it is pretty obvious that Undertaker will retire on a win as he will most likely retire after he makes it 20-0 at Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

I see what you mean because It just wouldn't feel right to retire on a loss as you've put in so much effort and dedication that probably one of the reasons why Ric Flair went to TNA minus the money

Exactly! Why should a guy like Ric Flair, who made wrestling not only their passion but also their life, retire on a loss. I mean it is pretty obvious that Undertaker will retire on a win as he will most likely retire after he makes it 20-0 at Wrestlemania.

Yeah because it would be ridiculous on WWE's behalf to end his streak and send him out on a loss and I don't think that WWE are stupid enough to do something like that, but they could surprise us all and give us the biggest shock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

But all wrestlers with careers like Flair, Taker, HBK, HHH, etc. want to have their last match and last moment be with someone respectable. Like Shawn said he wouldn't want it any other way than HHH or Taker and although Taker is always willing to put somebody over, he'd probably like it to be HHH or Kane now.

It is also considered somewhat disrespectful when someone the caliber of HBK retires you and then come back and still wrestle matches, different promotion or not, like Flair has done. There is no good reason a man of his age NEEDS to be active in the actual ring.
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Because TNA's the shit, so is Flair.

WRESTLING MATTERS
Back to top Go down
White guy
Rookie
Rookie
White guy

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Steven Hall Mark! wrote:
A Silver Lining?

Once Morrison is back R-Botch is likely going back to being the jobber he should be
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 am

Good Television

Since Money In The Bank the WWE, mainly RAW, has become more exciting and more unpredictable. CM Punk defeated John Cena at Money In The Bank and walked out as WWE Champion. Eight days later he returns with his WWE Championship (and ROH theme) but he is not the only WWE Champion. John Cena defeated newly crowned WWE Champion Rey Mysterio and we now have TWO WWE Champions on RAW.

These two have definitely had the feud of the year and has got people outside of wrestling talking about it. Mainstream media picked up the story and now the whole world knows about it. The whole world are tuning in to Monday Night RAW every week to see what is going to happen next. Is CM Punk going to be THE WWE Champion or will it be John Cena? Is Alberto Del Rio going to cash in and neither of the two will be the Champion? Nobody knows. That is what is making RAW so good; you don't know what is going to happen.

But that is not the only big story going on right now in the WWE. As you all know, Triple H "relieved" Vince McMahon of his duties and is now "running the day to day business of the WWE". Triple H's first act as Chief Operating Officer was to rehire Jim Ross to commentary. As you may have guessed, Michael Cole took exception to this and Triple H then put him in a match that same night on RAW.

This is where the next part of good television came in. Zack Ryder was announced as the man who was going to face Michael Cole. This match may have been short (the whole 11 seconds of it) but it was still good to see that the WWE were listening to the fans and giving them what they want. So Zack Ryder should now be on WWE television a hell of a lot more in some way.

Speaking of Triple H, he is actually making RAW more exciting (and I am sure he will do the same with Smackdown). His interaction with R-Truth in the ring on Monday was funny. I am curious to see where this is heading because R-Truth referred to Triple H as being part of the "conspiracy" right from the start. This will be interesting to watch and I can't wait to see more.

Smackdown is also getting more unpredictable, especially with Daniel Bryan's Money In The Bank win. Nobody saw it coming and it really will be a win that goes down in history. Bryan has vowed to cash in his briefcase at Wrestlemania 28 but we don't know if this will really come to fruition and, if it does, who will be Champion at the time.

Speaking of Champion, Christian finally won his World Heavyweight Championship back. He defeated Randy Orton by DQ at Money In The Bank and, per stipulation, won the belt. Orton is obviously being perceived as a guy that needs anger management but is really any reason to have the guy cost himself a Championship? It is obvious that he will just win it back within a month so what was the point in having him lose it? A big moment for Summerslam? Keep the fans happy? Whatever the reason, it could have been handled a little differently.

Overall I am very excited to see what is next for the WWE and especially what is going to happen on RAW. I really hope that they don't ruin the whole CM Punk angle by doing something stupid like having Del Rio cash in at Summerslam because Del Rio will have his time but right now it is CM Punk's time.

As always, this is Karl Bury giving his thoughts and opinions for The Universe. Make sure to give me your feedback and let me know your thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:26 am

I think that Karl Bury should get his ass on MSN. and I also agree with your statements, and I give you a e-high five.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 am

I think that Nick Kelly should wait a couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:30 am

The U's Scotsman! wrote:
I think that Nick Kelly should wait a couple of minutes.

HEY! THATS SP TO YOU, YOUNG MAN! NO GO TO YOUR ROOM!
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 am

I have decided to start a new piece called Karl's Tips which is basically me giving my input on what can be done to improve certain aspects of WWE, TNA, ROH etc. This will debut tonight! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The View of a Scotsman   The View of a Scotsman Empty

Back to top Go down

The View of a Scotsman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next