The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
fuck
Curtis Axel, Make or Break? I_vote_lcapCurtis Axel, Make or Break? I_voting_barCurtis Axel, Make or Break? I_vote_rcap 
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Curtis Axel, Make or Break?

Go down 
+5
Jigsaw*
Mystery Superstar
Bleed Green
RED
Sam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

Curtis Axel, Make or Break? Empty
PostSubject: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:28 am

After having a ring name like Michael McGillicutty and being apart of the heavily criticised version of NXT and then a buried Nexus, things weren't looking promising for the future of Joe Hennig as he went back to the land of NXT, but as seen on This week's Monday Night Raw, WWE with Triple H being the rumoured main force has put their support behind the son of Mr. Perfect and given him a great opportunity as the newest "Paul Heyman Guy". The only problem is whether or not the WWE keep the ball rolling or drop it somewhere down the track, I don't want to see another wrestler built up then crushed once again like numerous times before. Hopefully the crowd gives him the reaction he truly deserves and see's what he has to offer to this company because I personally feel that he is a future star of this business. So, what are your opinions on the new and improved Joe Hennig, will he live up to his legacy?
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:19 am

Becoming a "Paul Heyman guy" gives Joe a push that other mid-card stars would kill for. Paul Heyman is a very talented manager and he can help Curtis Axel become a bigger star. Of course Axel himself needs to improve his mic skills (even though Heyman will do most of the mic work) and his in ring performance which is already proven to be promising. Eventually, Curtis will win a championship but for the far future I am too worried that he might end up like Antonio Cesaro or Drew McIntyre.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:23 am

RED wrote:
Becoming a "Paul Heyman guy" gives Joe a push that other mid-card stars would kill for. Paul Heyman is a very talented manager and he can help Curtis Axel become a bigger star. Of course Axel himself needs to improve his mic skills (even though Heyman will do most of the mic work) and his in ring performance which is already proven to be promising. Eventually, Curtis will win a championship but for the far future I am too worried that he might end up like Antonio Cesaro or Drew McIntyre.

Now that would be the worst result possible if he became like them, but being paired with Heyman as we know has it's advantages and if HHH really want Joe as the next big star then
the WWE should approach this task with a long term goal of where they want Hennig to be at and if Joe himself really wants a permanent spot as a Main Event wrestler of the company then he will keep working at his skills until he is at the best stage that he can be and that's how everything should turn out, but it indeed doesn't always go as planned.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Curtis Axel, the name sounds kinda lame, but it takes his father's name and grandfather's nickname, so it works. Still would prefer Joe Hennig. But as for Axel, I've never been a fan of his, but I always knew he was one great wrestler, and can still improve. His mic skills are on the low end, but that's what Heyman is for. Talks on camera, trains him off camera. This has mostly positive effects for Joe, with one of the possible downsides being that he doesn't improve at all, so is put lower and lower down the card, without Heyman, until he gets the future endeavor. Not likely though, as this is the guy who trained with Rock and Lesnar for their in ring returns, so he may have some job security no matter what happens.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Superstar
Jobber
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:09 pm

I think the future is great for Curtis Axel, simply because of a changing of the guard. As Paul Levesque takes over, more Curtis Axel-esque stars will emerge, guys with great in ring talent but maybe lacking a bit on the mic will start to fill the mid card as they learn to speak better
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw*
Champion
Champion
Jigsaw*

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm a huge fan of Axel's! Loved him when he was McGillicutty. Hopefully the wwe knows what they're doing. I wasn't a fan of a "weakened" Triple H beating him around the ring the way he did on Monday. With Paul Heyman as his manager, all bets are off. He can become huge!
Back to top Go down
TJ
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Axel's going to be big. They wouldn't pair him with Heyman for nothing. Plus he's a solid wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:51 pm

They practically buried him in his debut. Plus I don't know why WWE refuses to call him Hennig. Like I think Axel Hennig would have been a great name. But I still think he will be good. Upper mid card, but still decent.
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw*
Champion
Champion
Jigsaw*

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Honestly I can see him becoming a major heel and a potential World Champion. I'm a huge fan of the guy as I said before so I know my opinions sound biased but he has Paul Heyman as his manager. The sky is the limit for him.
Back to top Go down
Oriadon
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
Oriadon

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:37 am

Someone sees something in him, that is for certain. Not a spectacular first outing on Monday but hey, they had to work in this lame fake HHH injury in. I'll be looking at the next few weeks a bit more closely than Monday to see what Curtis Axel really brings to the table.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:09 am

Mystery Superstar wrote:
I think the future is great for Curtis Axel, simply because of a changing of the guard. As Paul Levesque takes over, more Curtis Axel-esque stars will emerge, guys with great in ring talent but maybe lacking a bit on the mic will start to fill the mid card as they learn to speak better

I'm quite looking forward to those wrestlers coming out of the woodwork, so I can witness them grow over their course of time.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:14 am

Jigsaw* wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Axel's! Loved him when he was McGillicutty. Hopefully the wwe knows what they're doing. I wasn't a fan of a "weakened" Triple H beating him around the ring the way he did on Monday. With Paul Heyman as his manager, all bets are off. He can become huge!

Yeah there has been a lot of criticism dished out so far with how he has had to debut in his new role, but I guess that can be learning experience for all those involved and hopefully the same mistake doesn't occur again during his tenure.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:21 am

Cole wrote:
They practically buried him in his debut. Plus I don't know why WWE refuses to call him Hennig. Like I think Axel Hennig would have been a great name. But I still think he will be good. Upper mid card, but still decent.

Imagine if they had Triple H beat him that would have not gone down very well, but I guess they are smarter than that. Axel Hennig would've made him sound more badass, but Curtis Axel is still a great choice as it's definitely better than Michael McGillicuty.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:24 am

Oriadon wrote:
Someone sees something in him, that is for certain. Not a spectacular first outing on Monday but hey, they had to work in this lame fake HHH injury in. I'll be looking at the next few weeks a bit more closely than Monday to see what Curtis Axel really brings to the table.

As long as the WWE book him strongly from here on out and Joe is capable enough to constantly perform at a high standard then we will watch the rise of another Hennig.
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:31 am

Captain Personality wrote:
Curtis Axel, the name sounds kinda lame, but it takes his father's name and grandfather's nickname, so it works. Still would prefer Joe Hennig. But as for Axel, I've never been a fan of his, but I always knew he was one great wrestler, and can still improve. His mic skills are on the low end, but that's what Heyman is for. Talks on camera, trains him off camera. This has mostly positive effects for Joe, with one of the possible downsides being that he doesn't improve at all, so is put lower and lower down the card, without Heyman, until he gets the future endeavor. Not likely though, as this is the guy who trained with Rock and Lesnar for their in ring returns, so he may have some job security no matter what happens.

I fully believe that Dwayne and Brock would vouch for Hennig if need be (For instance WWE Officials losing faith in him) and are 100% supporting him at the moment because training with them is indeed a strong indicator that he is useful to the WWE and now he has got his chance to really shine and prove to any doubters that he isn't the same guy from NXT.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:04 am

Okay I just lost my shit. Is this actually happening? Are you guys actually having an intelligent conversation on The Universe? Fucking hell lads, more of that please.

Yeah, so, I haven't really been watching WWE but from this thread I've been able to suss that Curtis Axel is Heyman's new guy and that Axel = McGillicutty? If so, I'm freakin' stoked! McGillicutty had the WWE feud of the year in 2012 with Tyson Kidd and anyone who checks out his NXT stuff should be pretty excited. With Heyman as a mouthpiece his future is bright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Axel, Make or Break?   Curtis Axel, Make or Break? Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Axel, Make or Break?
Page 1 of 1