The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
fuck
BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion I_vote_lcapBREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion I_voting_barBREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion I_vote_rcap 
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion   BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Boston Marathon Blasts Kill 2, Police Say

BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion 16boston-articleLarge

A series of explosions erupted near the finish line at the Boston Marathon on Monday. The Boston Police Department confirmed that they were looking into an explosion, but had no further comment.

WBZ-TV, via Associated Press

The explosions at the Boston Marathon went off more than four hours after the start of the men’s race, which meant that there were still several thousand runners yet to finish the race.
The Associated Press reported that the authorities were helping injured runners leave the scene and bloody spectators were being carried to a medical tent that was being used for runners.

The A.P. said that a loud explosion was heard on the north side of Boylston Street, near a photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion was heard several seconds later.

Local television showed ambulances at the scene. Pictures posted online showed several injured runners being attended to and smoke around the finish line.

The headquarters for the organizers of the marathon, one of the world’s oldest, was reportedly locked down while authorities investigate. Reporters inside the Copley Plaza Hotel, where the media center is and where many elite athletes are staying, were unable to leave.

The explosions went off more than four hours after the start of the men’s race, which meant that there were still several thousand runners yet to finish the race.

Big city authorities are typically on the highest levels of alert for events like a marathon, said Anthony Roman, a security expert.

“It is quite the counterterrorism effort,” said Mr. Roman, who runs Roman & Associates, a New York firm.

For major events in New York and other large cities, Mr. Roman said the police would typically weld manhole covers shut, while also examining the entire route just before the race. They will also place snipers on rooftops, with helicopters overhead. Analytic cameras in the city will be focusing on the race, he said.

“They have all the analytic cameras in the city focusing on the race with their advanced software network, reading license plates,” Roman said.

The Boston Marathon is one of track’s most storied events, established in 1897 and one of the six World Marathon Majors. The event typically attracts an estimated 500,000 spectators and requires certain qualifying times for runners to compete. The course winds throughout downtown Boston as well as several outlying cities, including Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley and Newton.

Unlike many sporting events that take place in closed arenas, marathons are known and heralded for their sprawl, allowing throngs of spectators to line the 26.2-mile course.

Within minutes of the explosions on Monday, social media and cable networks projected the images of gray smoke on Boylston Street in Boston, emergency crews on the scene and an unknown number of persons injured.

Source: NY Times
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion   BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:16 pm

More information released as details are set out.

Live stream:

http://live.foxnews.com/#/1155606221001
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw*
Champion
Champion
Jigsaw*

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion   BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Such a tragic incident, I've been watching it on msnbc since I got home around 3:00. What the Hell is seriously going on anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion   BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Jigsaw* wrote:
Such a tragic incident, I've been watching it on msnbc since I got home around 3:00. What the Hell is seriously going on anymore.
As saddening as this story is, I'm equally as sad that you're watching MSNBC.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw*
Champion
Champion
Jigsaw*

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion   BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Jigsaw* wrote:
As saddening as this story is, I'm equally as sad that you're watching MSNBC.

News is news. But they were the first ones to show the actual video, so I turned it on, I have local news on now.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion   BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:50 pm

2 more bombs have been confirmed found.

Short footage.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion   BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion Empty

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Boston Marathon Explosion
Page 1 of 1