The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
What was the last movie you have seen? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What was the last movie you have seen?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

What was the last movie you have seen? Empty
PostSubject: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 pm

I figured we might as well spark some life into some of our off topic forums as well. I thought of making this thread because I just got back from a movie a couple of hours ago. Prior to tonight, I hadn't seen any since October when I watched Paranormal Activity 4. Lately, I've noticed that the only movies I have been interested in going to see are in the horror or thriller genre, no matter how cheesy a lot of them end up being.

But then, I saw the hype for Lincoln. Anybody who knows me knows that I am obsessed with all things history and politics. So I knew I couldn't pass this one up. I got even more excited when I heard that nearly every review for it was a positive one; 91/100 as an aggregate rating from all critics and 88/100 from all general viewers. (PA4 was rated 22/100 by critics when I went to see it and I found it to be decent for what it was - no surprises).

My excitement was momentarily deterred when I found it that it was a flat 2 hours and 30 minutes long; I am not usually a fan of long movies and I find it hard to settle down and sit still for so long and hold your attention on the film, especially out in the theater. Still, I knew I had to see it.

As I somewhat anticipated, it was an absolutely fantastic movie. I heard that it is being released in the UK as well, but in January (I believe). I'd encourage anyone willing to sit still for that length of time to see it (even if you aren't in the US - it's easy to follow and actually pretty interesting). Someone I went with (who cares nothing about history nor long films) was thoroughly impressed; said she didn't look at the time once as she expected to due to its length.

So yeah. What is the last movie you have seen and what did you think of it?
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Quantum of Solace
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 pm

[nova] wrote:
Quantum of Solace
Long time no see, Saudi. They have movies over there?
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Jarrett wrote:
[nova] wrote:
Quantum of Solace

Aha tell me about it, been a while I'm surprised this site is still running smoothly. And yeah, they do.. but every now and then I have to fix the antenna cause' of a ll the bombs going off you know?
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Nova wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[nova] wrote:
Quantum of Solace

Aha tell me about it, been a while I'm surprised this site is still running smoothly. And yeah, they do.. but every now and then I have to fix the antenna cause' of a ll the bombs going off you know?
I wouldn't call it "smoothly" as we're in the tedious process of recovering from one of those (probably one of our worst) death bumps as of now but I am optimistic. And I hear you, though it may be hard to hear me over all those bombs.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Nova wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[nova] wrote:
Quantum of Solace

I wouldn't call it "smoothly" as we're in the tedious process of recovering from one of those (probably one of our worst) death bumps as of now but I am optimistic. And I hear you, though it may be hard to hear me over all those bombs.

You're right, major bump.. where's Marik and everyone else? Oh yeah, I never knew you could hear me typing.. but eh, you learn something new everyday. These bombs have practically deafened me.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Nova wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Nova wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[nova] wrote:
Quantum of Solace

You're right, major bump.. where's Marik and everyone else? Oh yeah, I never knew you could hear me typing.. but eh, you learn something new everyday. These bombs have practically deafened me.
All great questions.
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Well, I saw Pitch Perfect with a group of friends, and it was pretty solid. A couple of my friends didn't really enjoy it, but the majority of us had a blast. The actual singing was great, and the acting was fantastic. I honestly expected Adam DeVine and Rebel Wilson to have to carry the movie (I'm a huge Workaholics Fan), but the entire cast came to play. The movie gets a little derailed by a seemingly useless scene full of puke, but other than that flows very well. Not exactly overly intelligent comedy, but definitely worth a watch. I'll definitely be buying it on DVD.

I also saw Skyfall with my family, and it was also pretty extraordinary. Ben Whisaw (The actor that played Q) is going to be a star. He was brilliant, and he'll be getting plenty of offers in the near future. The script seems to telegraph a few things, and the...

Spoiler:

is so played out in cinema nowadays. Other than that, it's a solid and nostalgic film. I actually recently bought an illegal copy of the movie at a flea market for four dollars. I'll still be getting a real copy when it comes out on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the last movie you have seen?   What was the last movie you have seen? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was the last movie you have seen?
Page 1 of 1