The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
New Universe Admin Election EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
New Universe Admin Election EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
New Universe Admin Election EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
New Universe Admin Election EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
New Universe Admin Election EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
New Universe Admin Election EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
New Universe Admin Election EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
New Universe Admin Election EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
New Universe Admin Election EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
New Universe Admin Election EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
fuck
New Universe Admin Election I_vote_lcapNew Universe Admin Election I_voting_barNew Universe Admin Election I_vote_rcap 
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Universe Admin Election

Go down 
+2
fuck
Jarrett
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

New Universe Admin Election Empty
PostSubject: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:22 pm

This is going to be big news, I'm sure. But with Jarrett and Jake as the last remaining users with administrative power, we are now in search of a third member for the team to assist the site and serve as a tiebreaker when admin votes are held. Since we launched the proposals forum, it has been clear that the admins want there to be more user involvement in how decisions are made around here. Because of this, eligibility for the vacant spot is completely open. Anybody on the site can decide to run for this position. I encourage you to run if you believe you can do something to help, but if you don't feel that you have the time or effort in you to make any difference, please stand back and allow others who are truly dedicated to run alone.

If you are someone that is not running (or even if you're someone who is), to keep the users directly involved, the process will be that of an election. The users will decide anonymously who should win. This is a process that I will now explain. Please read it carefully so that you know what is happening.

Step 1: Candidacy Announcement

If you are interested in running for the position, you must first announce your candidacy. To do so, you must say that you are running in a thread to be created in just a few minutes. (By the time you are reading this, chances are it has already been made.) Once an ideal number of candidates are established (probably 3-6) or a set time limit (to be decided) has expired, the ability to announce your candidacy will no longer exist.

Step 2: Administrative Approval

Once the main candidates have announced their candidacies, the admins must first approve them. In order for a candidate to be denied the ability to run, both admins must vote no, meaning a unanimous no decision must be reached. If there is a 2-0 or 1-1 vote in favor of the candidate running, they will move on to the next step of the process. If both admins vote no, they will be withdrawn from the race.

Step 3: Nomination

The candidates that were successfully approved by the admin team will be announced shortly after the admin vote. Once they are announced, each must receive two nominations from a non-admin user. Someone must first nominate the candidate for the position and a second must second said nomination. There is a 24-hour period for this step. If a candidate is unable to receive two nominations in this time frame, they will be withdrawn from the race.

Step 4: Campaign & Primary Election

Whichever candidates remain after the first three steps have finished will then be able to begin "campaigning." This is basically just to gain support from the other users and allows the candidate to explain why they think they're the best choice for the job. Impress us; you won't get votes if you don't. After a set time period (to be decided), a primary election will be held. This is to be held for one of two reasons, or both. First, to give the candidates an idea of where they stand in the election. If you are a candidate that does badly in the primary election, this is a "wake up call" for you to start campaigning a little more intensely and tells you to start impressing a bit more. If there are too many candidates at this point (more than 4), whoever does not score in the top three will be withdrawn from the race.

Step 5: General Election

This will be the main election where the third admin will be officially decided by a vote. In order for a candidate to win the election, he or she must simply get the highest percentage of votes. There should be three candidates on the ballot. All voting is to be done anonymously throughout the whole process to avoid conflict. Also in this election, the two current admins (Jarrett and Jake) must also be approved for "re-election." In order for these two to lose re-election, a 60% supermajority of disapproval must be reached, meaning that they will be re-elected unless lower than 41% of users approve of them.

If you have questions or comments, please post them here!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Damn Based God, you a pretty bitch.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:58 pm

This all looks good apart from the re-election bit. I mean there are, what, 300 registered users? That means 180 users have to vote against you or Jake for either of you to not be re-elected. We have at the absolute MAX fourty people that actually come on. So it it 41% of people who vote or 41% of the overall registered users.

Also, if I may ask, what happened to Mesa??
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:00 am

Adam wrote:
This all looks good apart from the re-election bit. I mean there are, what, 300 registered users? That means 180 users have to vote against you or Jake for either of you to not be re-elected. We have at the absolute MAX fourty people that actually come on. So it it 41% of people who vote or 41% of the overall registered users.

Just those who vote.

And good question. I don't know, what did?

EDIT: I can't tell by your post if you got it right or wrong, but it's 41% that would technically have to vote yes. 60% no would be necessary for a separate process to begin regarding the admin's spot.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:08 am

Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:

Just those who vote.

EDIT: I can't tell by your post if you got it right or wrong, but it's 41% that would technically have to vote yes. 60% no would be necessary for a separate process to begin regarding the admin's spot.

My bad, I got it completely wrong. I understand the process now. I'm excited to see who fills the third spot alongside you and Jake (ridiculous if you two are somehow voted out). I won't be applying, naturally, seeing as I well, y'know ... but if someone comes along who I feel can make a difference I will be throwing my weight behind them.

Kudos on the way you guys have decided to elect a third admin rather than just picking whoever.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:23 am

Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:

Just those who vote.

My bad, I got it completely wrong. I understand the process now. I'm excited to see who fills the third spot alongside you and Jake (ridiculous if you two are somehow voted out). I won't be applying, naturally, seeing as I well, y'know ... but if someone comes along who I feel can make a difference I will be throwing my weight behind them.

Kudos on the way you guys have decided to elect a third admin rather than just picking whoever.

I second the bold part.

New Universe Admin Election ZfkSZRQ

New Universe Admin Election O1_zps7936192c
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:30 am

I'm rather surprised nobody has stepped up yet.

Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:31 am

I was going to .. but after actually thinking about, i'd rather step back, and let a worthy person step in, and me not get in the way lol ... specially knowing my past .. eh Jar-Bear? (;

Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:04 am

SP wrote:
I was going to .. but after actually thinking about, i'd rather step back, and let a worthy person step in, and me not get in the way lol ... specially knowing my past .. eh Jar-Bear? (;
Watch nobody apply.

Back to top Go down
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ
Executive
Executive
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:47 am

I nominate me :p

New Universe Admin Election Tumblr_oy973cLkk71u1ljrzo2_540
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:22 am

gяαηgєя wrote:
I nominate me :p
Follow the directions.

Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:27 am

Jarrett wrote:
SP wrote:
Watch nobody apply.

If nobody does by tonight, I will, just for you <3

Back to top Go down
noeleen phoenix
Rookie
Rookie
noeleen phoenix

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:45 am

Adam wrote:

correction

consider how many are signed up

how many could be actual active users

most don't have posts of more than 10

so really

its about 20 people

#justsaying
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/glamafan_x
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Me, Dan, Jon, Neville, Yannic, Cole, Cyrus, Marik, Granger, Jarrett, Jake, Jigsaw, Noeleen, Nova, Oriadon, RED, Karl, Riff, Sam, SP, Justin, TJ, Truth Has Set Me Free, Sianny, Harry, John, Mikel, Tom, Mesa, mop, Dan, Timeh, Tim TapOut, Casey, Zadok, Tyga, Super, Bret, Joey, Cujo,

These are all users who are on several times a week or at least enough to see this and vote. That's fourty.
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

New Universe Admin Election Tumblr_m3xmzmNmXS1rvxreno1_500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Universe Admin Election   New Universe Admin Election Empty

Back to top Go down

New Universe Admin Election
Page 1 of 1