The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
fuck
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . I_vote_lcapTo The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . I_voting_barTo The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . I_vote_rcap 
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .

Go down 
+11
Bleed Green
SP
The Truth Has Set Me Free
Jigsaw*
AfganisDan
Harold
Nova
RED
TJ
Bret
Adam
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam
Founder
Founder

To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . Empty
PostSubject: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Gimme some of what your smoking. I'm not a TNA-mark anymore and I won't go out on a limb and say it's GOOD but how can you clearly neglect the signs of improvement? Do you even watch the show? Or do you just see TNA, mark out and be like fuck that shit?

This past week wasn't even a strong episode compared to lately and we STILL got;

AJ Styles v James Storm
Mr Anderson v Bobby Roode
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS v MexAm
A quality women's match
Jeff Hardy v Kurt Angle (in what was actually a very good match)
A killer seg between Ray and Aries
The hilarious EY bachelors party

I mean I KNOW anything Hogan/Bischoff related is a killer but I BEG people, look past that and you have a sweet show.
Back to top Go down
Bret
Jobber
Jobber
Bret

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:55 pm

You singlehandedly turned me back onto TNA, I thank you. (Though I still would rather have TNA from 09, it still doing better than late 2010/early 2011.)
Back to top Go down
TJ
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
TJ

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:03 am

I saw the MCMG match, and I gotta say it's like Sabin never left.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 am

TEQUITO! wrote:

Despite them both being kick-ass wrestlers, I just can't imagine one without the other anymore.
Back to top Go down
TJ
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
TJ

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 am

Adam wrote:
TEQUITO! wrote:

Despite them both being kick-ass wrestlers, I just can't imagine one without the other anymore.
Me neither. Breaking them up would be a terrible move.
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 am

I don't think that people need to smoke something to have a different opinion.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:06 am

RED wrote:

I think there is only three ways to neglect the signs of improvement;

1)You're a WWE Fanboy
2)You don't actually watch the show
3)You're smoking some cray cray shit

So, just wondering what's your opinion man?
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 am

Adam wrote:
RED wrote:

1)You're a WWE Fanboy

Repped like a bowssssss
Back to top Go down
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:17 am

If someone tells me what's goin' on, I'll prolly start watching again
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:21 am

Adam wrote:
RED wrote:

1)You're a WWE Fanboy

I'm not a WWE Fanboy, I do watch the show - on youtube - and I don't smoke.

The champion Bobby Roode, the MCMG and the X-Division guys are the only stuff worth watching. Other then that to me most of the storylines are crappy and most of the matches that take place on the shows - and sometimes even in the PPV's - are more pointless than Kane's feud with Randy Orton.

Now here is the thing with TNA, there are some GREAT quality matches just like Bobby Roode & Bully Ray vs Storm & Aries two weeks ago, James Storm vs AJ Styles and MCMG vs Mexican America last week. BUT most of the storylines are so weak to me. 45 out of 51 weeks of the year TNA has better weekly matches than Raw or SmackDown but 300 out of 365 days of the year WWE has bigger storylines than TNA. I mean the biggest storyline for the last couple of months is about Hulk Hogan refusing to become GM only to accept the spot after all. Look at WWE's angles with the Nexus, CM Punk leaving with the WWE, Rock vs Cena 1 year in the making, Christian's slow heel turn e.t.c and tell me that TNA has better creative team.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 am

Smokings good for you.

And there's some really entertaining story lines in TNA tbh.. WWE is lacking for me now
Back to top Go down
AfganisDan
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
AfganisDan

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:30 am

Adam wrote:
TEQUITO! wrote:

I am in total agreement there. Both Sabin and Shelley are super talented but Now it would be right seeing one an not the other.
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw*
Champion
Champion
Jigsaw*

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:34 am

Bobby Roode, James Storm, Austin Aries, AJ Styles- Only reason I'll watch TNA
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 am

Critics Silenced wrote:
Smokings good for you.

And there's some really entertaining story lines in TNA tbh.. WWE is lacking for me now

Entertaining storylines like?
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 am

RED wrote:
Adam wrote:
RED wrote:

1)You're a WWE Fanboy

I'm not a WWE Fanboy, I do watch the show - on youtube - and I don't smoke.

The champion Bobby Roode, the MCMG and the X-Division guys are the only stuff worth watching. Other then that to me most of the storylines are crappy and most of the matches that take place on the shows - and sometimes even in the PPV's - are more pointless than Kane's feud with Randy Orton.

Now here is the thing with TNA, there are some GREAT quality matches just like Bobby Roode & Bully Ray vs Storm & Aries two weeks ago, James Storm vs AJ Styles and MCMG vs Mexican America last week. BUT most of the storylines are so weak to me. 45 out of 51 weeks of the year TNA has better weekly matches than Raw or SmackDown but 300 out of 365 days of the year WWE has bigger storylines than TNA. I mean the biggest storyline for the last couple of months is about Hulk Hogan refusing to become GM only to accept the spot after all. Look at WWE's angles with the Nexus, CM Punk leaving with the WWE, Rock vs Cena 1 year in the making, Christian's slow heel turn e.t.c and tell me that TNA has better creative team.

Good post man.

I'm not saying TNA has a better creative team, I'm saying the product IS improving. I mean the Roode-Storm storyline is one of the best WHC feuds I have seen in years, so much has gone into it. Austin Aries own little meteoric rise is incredible, Ray Dudley from a washed-up tag team wrestler to a HUGE main event heel. These are all great but I will agree with you RED, TNA creative's GOOD storylines are few and far between. But I think the product has picked up nicely under Pritchard.

I see what you're saying about lack of properly built feuds tho.

Also - - Joe/Magnus reppin'.
Back to top Go down
Contender
Contender

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:10 pm

TNA is a very good show but the question was whether it was improving. Now look at TNA in 2006. They had Sting, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Christian Cage, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe in the main event. Team 3-D, the MCMG and Americas Most Wanted made up a competitive tag team division, something they are lacking now. The X-Division wasn't just dependent on Austin Aries as it had Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed, Sonjay Dutt, Eric Young, Kazarian, Ron Killings and Christopher Daniels, plus the matches were more Hardcore and exciting. And I haven't even mentioned Abyss, Matt Morgan, Raven or Rhino, so compared to back then, I think TNA has gone down a few pegs.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:21 pm

TBH, I presumed the question was has it improved since it's recent abortion circa Jan 4th 2010 - Septemberish 2011.

Because we can all agree TNA still had solid product in 09. I thought it meant has the Hogan/Bish era improved.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:30 pm

I totally agree with RED, but I agree with Adam also, and Nova.
TNA is improving yes. They are slowly, but surely trying to get better storylines in there. In my opinion they need to get the title straightened out. They defend the title so much on the show, that when it comes time for a PPV, nobody really cares. Which is why I think that it was good for TNA to give Storm the Steel Cage match at Lockdown, because it gave like a months buildup, seeing how it was Rhoode and Sting at Victory Road.

WWE however, is still at the top. Although TNA is growing, they are not yet WWE standards, and that is what I think Hulk Hogan is trying to push. Hogan wants to be better than the WWE, and be the best, which is why, TNA has decided to put Hogan in charge, and run with it, with these insane awesome matches. Which as I said before, means TNA is surely improving.

I watched the MCMG match, and the Hardy/Angle Match and the Storm/Styles match, and also caught abit of the Ray/Aries promo. I usually do watch the show, but I am currently away to my grandparents and they do not have Spike, so I had to watch it online. All these are great! I love how the Guns are back, and TNA didn't dilly-dally with them. I loved all the things I saw, and I also heard that the Rhoode/Anderson match was good, but I didn't have time to watch that. TNA is slowling ging to improve, no matter what people say, but I think the question box is the problem.

The question shouldn't be "Do you think TNA is improving?" because, it is. The question should be "Do you like that TNA is improving?", "Do you think with Hogan in charge things will change more?" .. etc.

RED, I know where your coming from, and I totally agree, WWE is far better with storylines than TNA, but remember, the question isn't "Is TNA better than WWE?" its "Do you think TNA is improving?"

Maybe it isn't to WWE's point yet, but TNA is sure rising up there. Give it time, and TNA may become as popular as the WWE, but it isn't there yet.

So yeah, thats my opinion. Oh, and Nova, You said that at this moment, TNA is abit stale for you. Well, honestly, Its the Week after WrestleMania. All the Storylines have ended, and they need time to get things back up and going, which is why, I can see Extreme Rules focusing more on Sheamus as the World Champion than RAW. Because, Sheamus can continue the storyline with whoever, because Sheamus was involved in the Smackdown Main Event, but when Rocky and Cena are RAW's Main Event, and the main superstar loses, to someone who isn't even there alot of the time, they need to get their heads straight and figure out what to do with Cena. I'd say give er' another week or two, before the PPV, and you'll get back into er'.

~ SP

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . ZfkSZRQ

To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . O1_zps7936192c
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:36 pm

First off, I'd just like to say that while I've always bashed TNA for being a lackluster show, I never said it wasn't improving. Of course it's improving, but from when? Are they improving from the Main Event Mafia days? No, they've de-graded. Are they improving from 2011 overall? Yes, greatly. I'm pretty sure actually that ratings are higher than 2011.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Brooklyn Buu wrote:
First off, I'd just like to say that while I've always bashed TNA for being a lackluster show, I never said it wasn't improving. Of course it's improving, but from when? Are they improving from the Main Event Mafia days? No, they've de-graded. Are they improving from 2011 overall? Yes, greatly. I'm pretty sure actually that ratings are higher than 2011.

Since Bischoff and Hogan entered the company, have they improved?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . ZfkSZRQ

To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . O1_zps7936192c
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Brooklyn Buu wrote:

The MEM days are heavily over-rated in my opinion. 05 was the best for TNA circa Joe-Styles-Daniels. Just my opinion. But yes they've de-graded since the MEM days.

Do you know what's interesting? All of TNA's 'peaks' have been when VINCE RUSSO was the SOLE BOOKER. Food for thought, eh?
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Adam wrote:
Brooklyn Buu wrote:

The MEM days are heavily over-rated in my opinion. 05 was the best for TNA circa Joe-Styles-Daniels. Just my opinion. But yes they've de-graded since the MEM days.

Do you know what's interesting? All of TNA's 'peaks' have been when VINCE RUSSO was the SOLE BOOKER. Food for thought, eh?
You should write a letter to Dixie Carter!
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Adam wrote:
Brooklyn Buu wrote:

I think the reason people rank the MEM days so highly is because it is the best we've seen in modern history. Although '05 was not long ago, nothing in either TNA or WWE is even close to the same as then. And since the MEM days aren't too different from now, people think of it as the best recent time.

ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Brooklyn Buu wrote:

I think the reason people rank the MEM days so highly is because it is the best we've seen in modern history. Although '05 was not long ago, nothing in either TNA or WWE is even close to the same as then. And since the MEM days aren't too different from now, people think of it as the best recent time.

I never even thought about it like that. Good hussle J. Repped.
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Adam wrote:
Brooklyn Buu wrote:

Russo has great initial ideas, no doubt about that - DX, nWo, MEM, whatever - but they always turn into something incredibly stupid and ridiculous. Besides, notice how these are factions, and not storylines. He re-hashes the same shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .   To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

To The People That Said TNA is NOT improving . . .
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next