HomePortalSearchFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A Paragraph.
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 am by Cole

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

» I hate myself and I want to die
Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm by fuck

» The Official Memory Thread
Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:42 pm by fuck

» Extreme Created Warfare Wrestling
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:04 am by Deanpool

» Be The Booker Of The Month
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:45 pm by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» That's Right.
Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:28 pm by RED

» Fuck you
Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:14 pm by RED

Poll #114
Share
Top posting users this week
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

Before she dominated her competition, an 11-year-old Beth Phoenix won a coloring contest through a local New York newspaper to win two tickets to her first WWE event.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
Septembers Member of the Month is CAPTAIN! Due to his highly entertaining WWE 2014 TEW Diary/Booker and activity on the site. Congratulations Captain! Keep the good work up and you may be the MoTM for October!
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyrus T
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
avatar

Posts : 900
Location : The Long and Winding Road

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
I expected such a thread as soon as I saw the title and I can address this the same way I address everyone else's concerns. Storylines.

In fact, the reason I had made the announcement for Anomaly/Venom so early is the fear that something like this would arise. Same goes for Calloway; you'll see it all come together. In case you didn't know there are big double-thread plans coming up this fall and this is what it calls for.

I think what people need to do is not worry so much about something an hour after it happens and instead wait to see how it plays out before criticizing.

And as for the Fernando situation, Justin has been extremely unreasonable with me in recent weeks and although I have invested such high stock in him (the streak, the title, and the case) he has refused to stay in ECCW and instead wants to leave the thread. I cannot have someone all of a sudden leave with an undefeated streak, a championship, and a briefcase, that's just not right.

First, read my stuff. A good booker creates storylines around talent...not book talent around storylines. There's a difference.

Second, it's not like this is just an aberration or anything. Jarrett Calloway won two World Titles in the span of a few months. Sounds like overpush to me.

Third, while I can understand the Fernando situation, did you ever wonder why he was leaving in the first place? Or better yet, couldn't you have booked him to lose the briefcase to someone deserving of a World Title run instead of having him lose his cash-in? There's ALWAYS ways around anything that don't end up with your CAWs being booked like fucking Superman.
First of all, I'd like to correct that the first World title run was in March and lasted but a few minutes because he "put over" John Leopold. So calling that a reign is even a stretch.

I do create storylines around talent but I also book talent around storylines, there is nothing wrong with either as long as it is executed well and I like to think that I have done something right in running a 2+year thread, something only two others from WWEU can say they've done. And yes, he claims to be leaving because he wants nothing more than a "fresh start" in EFNW. I don't see why someone with an undefeated record, title belt, and MITB case would be complaining about how they're booked. And that briefcase has already been in the hands of 3 people and by just passing around throughout the roster, it's making winning the case in the first place look like no big deal.

...Oh really? Maybe I'm not making myself very clear, as I'm trying to be very diplomatic here.

Regardless of how long the reign in March was, it's still one more reign than a lot of talented guys have had in a while or ever. And why was it so important to have Jarrett Calloway win the title before the cash-in? You thought that having Leopold cash in on Super Junior would've ruined his heel run, didn't you? Seems like a lack of faith on the part of one of your better RPers.

And while we're on the subject of Super Junior...you stripped Ali Fernando in a damned burial because he wants to leave, but Super Junior leaves and you keep him on as the storyline manager and World Champion up until Slam-Mania? Seriously? In your efforts to keep your storylines, you have a main-event match between your CAW and a guy who's already gone. WTF kind of booking is that?

As far as ITZZ J and Ali Fernando...well, maybe he got bored with the stories his CAW was participating in. Jarrett, the thing you have to understand is that e-fedding is supposed to be fun. Having an undefeated streak is cool for a while, but I know that I would like a little diversity eventually. And the briefcase passing owners 3 times? Gee, who's the guy who booked that? Oh right...THAT WAS YOU.

Jarrett, I'm trying really hard to keep my cool. But the thing you eventually have to realize is that your fed has been so successful not because of you...but because of the quality of RPers in the fed who make the most out of the formulatic booking you present. And it is your unwillingness to deviate from your precious storylines that has alienated great RPers from your fed in the past. Why was it so damned necessary to have Jarrett Calloway win the title again? Why is Venom the World Champion on Terror when he's been a non-factor up until a few months ago? And why are talented guys like Will Williams, Casey Anomaly, and Angel relegated to be transitional champions and fodder for your storylines which make things far too predictable and hardly any damned fun?
Someone didn't pay enough attention to the Super Junior storyline. The stipulation was that had Junior lost, he lost power of ECCW as well, and if Junior were to win and then get cashed in on, he'd still have control of ECCW and that isn't how it was supposed to end.

And it's reasons like this that the briefcase changed TWICE (not 3 times, I said 3 people held it). I did book it because it was necessary and now I refuse to allow the briefcase to continue to switch owners (especially with a MITB PPV next month). And not once did I say that ECCW was alive because of me. On it's second anniversary I told everyone the reason it was alive, you're putting up a fight over something I agree to. And it was "so damned necessary" to have Jarrett win the title due to storyline. What right do you have to criticize something YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN PAN OUT YET? You don't know how it ends, only myself and one other person even has an idea of what is going on! And as for Venom, it's the storyline thing, I ran down the basics to Casey and he liked it and he's just fine with it. And if both involved are happy with it, what does the opinion of a third party matter to me? Will Williams remains in the picture and so do Casey and Angel, they're in the main event, they've never quite been there before, at least not in World title territory.

So instead of simply booking Super Junior out of ECCW by having some "mystery buyers" buy him out and have him drop the title before Slam-Mania, thereby giving someone active that slot, you merely stick to the storyline you planned months in advance. Yeah, that makes A LOT of sense.

And I'm GLAD that you actually talk to your talent about the storylines. Really, I am! But why your CAWs? That's what I don't get, Jarrett. Why run a storyline with your CAWs as the World Champions? Huh? When Marik was booking, when Hazza was booking, when Mesa was booking...they either never or very, very rarely pushed their own CAWs at the expense of other, deserving RPers. Why is it Venom instead of what could be an AWESOME feud between Casey and Angel RIGHT NOW when they're ready instead of postponing it like I'm at least hoping is the case.

What right do I have to question your booking? I have every right to as a former booker and an RPer. Because in the end the results don't matter. The fact is, you book your CAWs in these positions FAR TOO OFTEN instead of giving those slots to guys who deserve it. The end results could be that those RPs get their chances...but what's wrong with doing it now? What are you so afraid of?
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
I expected such a thread as soon as I saw the title and I can address this the same way I address everyone else's concerns. Storylines.

In fact, the reason I had made the announcement for Anomaly/Venom so early is the fear that something like this would arise. Same goes for Calloway; you'll see it all come together. In case you didn't know there are big double-thread plans coming up this fall and this is what it calls for.

I think what people need to do is not worry so much about something an hour after it happens and instead wait to see how it plays out before criticizing.

And as for the Fernando situation, Justin has been extremely unreasonable with me in recent weeks and although I have invested such high stock in him (the streak, the title, and the case) he has refused to stay in ECCW and instead wants to leave the thread. I cannot have someone all of a sudden leave with an undefeated streak, a championship, and a briefcase, that's just not right.

First, read my stuff. A good booker creates storylines around talent...not book talent around storylines. There's a difference.

Second, it's not like this is just an aberration or anything. Jarrett Calloway won two World Titles in the span of a few months. Sounds like overpush to me.

Third, while I can understand the Fernando situation, did you ever wonder why he was leaving in the first place? Or better yet, couldn't you have booked him to lose the briefcase to someone deserving of a World Title run instead of having him lose his cash-in? There's ALWAYS ways around anything that don't end up with your CAWs being booked like fucking Superman.
First of all, I'd like to correct that the first World title run was in March and lasted but a few minutes because he "put over" John Leopold. So calling that a reign is even a stretch.

I do create storylines around talent but I also book talent around storylines, there is nothing wrong with either as long as it is executed well and I like to think that I have done something right in running a 2+year thread, something only two others from WWEU can say they've done. And yes, he claims to be leaving because he wants nothing more than a "fresh start" in EFNW. I don't see why someone with an undefeated record, title belt, and MITB case would be complaining about how they're booked. And that briefcase has already been in the hands of 3 people and by just passing around throughout the roster, it's making winning the case in the first place look like no big deal.

...Oh really? Maybe I'm not making myself very clear, as I'm trying to be very diplomatic here.

Regardless of how long the reign in March was, it's still one more reign than a lot of talented guys have had in a while or ever. And why was it so important to have Jarrett Calloway win the title before the cash-in? You thought that having Leopold cash in on Super Junior would've ruined his heel run, didn't you? Seems like a lack of faith on the part of one of your better RPers.

And while we're on the subject of Super Junior...you stripped Ali Fernando in a damned burial because he wants to leave, but Super Junior leaves and you keep him on as the storyline manager and World Champion up until Slam-Mania? Seriously? In your efforts to keep your storylines, you have a main-event match between your CAW and a guy who's already gone. WTF kind of booking is that?

As far as ITZZ J and Ali Fernando...well, maybe he got bored with the stories his CAW was participating in. Jarrett, the thing you have to understand is that e-fedding is supposed to be fun. Having an undefeated streak is cool for a while, but I know that I would like a little diversity eventually. And the briefcase passing owners 3 times? Gee, who's the guy who booked that? Oh right...THAT WAS YOU.

Jarrett, I'm trying really hard to keep my cool. But the thing you eventually have to realize is that your fed has been so successful not because of you...but because of the quality of RPers in the fed who make the most out of the formulatic booking you present. And it is your unwillingness to deviate from your precious storylines that has alienated great RPers from your fed in the past. Why was it so damned necessary to have Jarrett Calloway win the title again? Why is Venom the World Champion on Terror when he's been a non-factor up until a few months ago? And why are talented guys like Will Williams, Casey Anomaly, and Angel relegated to be transitional champions and fodder for your storylines which make things far too predictable and hardly any damned fun?
Someone didn't pay enough attention to the Super Junior storyline. The stipulation was that had Junior lost, he lost power of ECCW as well, and if Junior were to win and then get cashed in on, he'd still have control of ECCW and that isn't how it was supposed to end.

And it's reasons like this that the briefcase changed TWICE (not 3 times, I said 3 people held it). I did book it because it was necessary and now I refuse to allow the briefcase to continue to switch owners (especially with a MITB PPV next month). And not once did I say that ECCW was alive because of me. On it's second anniversary I told everyone the reason it was alive, you're putting up a fight over something I agree to. And it was "so damned necessary" to have Jarrett win the title due to storyline. What right do you have to criticize something YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN PAN OUT YET? You don't know how it ends, only myself and one other person even has an idea of what is going on! And as for Venom, it's the storyline thing, I ran down the basics to Casey and he liked it and he's just fine with it. And if both involved are happy with it, what does the opinion of a third party matter to me? Will Williams remains in the picture and so do Casey and Angel, they're in the main event, they've never quite been there before, at least not in World title territory.

So instead of simply booking Super Junior out of ECCW by having some "mystery buyers" buy him out and have him drop the title before Slam-Mania, thereby giving someone active that slot, you merely stick to the storyline you planned months in advance. Yeah, that makes A LOT of sense.

And I'm GLAD that you actually talk to your talent about the storylines. Really, I am! But why your CAWs? That's what I don't get, Jarrett. Why run a storyline with your CAWs as the World Champions? Huh? When Marik was booking, when Hazza was booking, when Mesa was booking...they either never or very, very rarely pushed their own CAWs at the expense of other, deserving RPers. Why is it Venom instead of what could be an AWESOME feud between Casey and Angel RIGHT NOW when they're ready instead of postponing it like I'm at least hoping is the case.

What right do I have to question your booking? I have every right to as a former booker and an RPer. Because in the end the results don't matter. The fact is, you book your CAWs in these positions FAR TOO OFTEN instead of giving those slots to guys who deserve it. The end results could be that those RPs get their chances...but what's wrong with doing it now? What are you so afraid of?
Yes, that does make a lot of sense, but then again, that's something you wouldn't know, right?

And I'm GLAD you're GLAD. And there is a reason behind everything, a reason you wouldn't know, because I repeat, you don't have the slightest clue what is going to happen tomorrow, let alone months from now. So why so quick to criticize me? Should I criticize that The Rock is supposedly appearing at Survivor Series? No, I shouldn't criticize it because I have no clue what is going to happen. Come WrestleMania 28 when the feud ends, can I criticize constructively? Yes. Can I say what was done right and wrong THROUGHOUT the storyline? Sure. But the moment it happens? No. And as for Casey and Angel's "AWESOME" feud, maybe that can happen, maybe it will. But who is to say that Casey and Venom CAN'T have an "AWESOME" feud as well, just because one of them happens to be one of my guys? Jarrett Calloway won the 2010 Slammy for Feud of the Year against Will Williams and did I myself give that to him? No, the ECCW RPERS voted that as the best feud of the year, not me. So you are YOU to say this doesn't have the capability to be "AWESOME?"

And I do not book them far too often. Harry Jones is a what, 20-some time champion? Hardcore Demon is a...? Who on God's green earth knows? Jarrett has been 5-6 times in comparison. One or two of which didn't last. So no, I do not do it often and when I do it has NOTHING to do with favoritism, it has to do with the story that is presented.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3141
Location : fuck

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Jarrett, before you read my reply or formulate one of your own: I've truly buried the hatchet with you, no matter if you think me sarcastic or not. You can be as suspicious as you want, but I'm not planning anything or anything of that sort. With that said...

In any case, Jarrett, I do believe that ECCW and CWW are generic. You said that since Karl thought Will Williams was gonna win, that it isn't predictable. I'm sure Karl, who I don't agree with frequent, thought that way because of sense. The sensibile thing to do would of been putting the Title on Will, and not putting it on oneself. You don't use Calloway that much, likewise with Venom, so why are they the top guys in the promotion? Casey lost the Title after a 2-week reign. To put this into perspective, Jake didn't even know who played Venom until he became World Champ, he questioned it and you told him. You say that Casey "liked the storyline" and so on, but you forced it on him, like you forced plenty of decisions on me when I worked with you, and just like me, I had no choice but to begrudgingly accept it.

As for the Justin situation, I can compare this to another situation, with Super. Super left ECCW but you kept him around, you forced people to go through months of a crappy storyline since no one did anything. For God's sake man, you had a Crush World Title match with Super Junior vs Tim Lucker, neither of who had posted on ECCW in months. You even butted in on Domination when I ran it, which I didn't appreciate. Sure, you don't care because you "own" ECCW, but what good is owning something if no one appreciates it? ECCW used to be the cream of the crop, but now, not so much. Why is it that you refused to let Super go, screwed over a lot of actual RP'ers on the thread, but Ali, you actually changed your plans? I just want to know why. You're too stubborn to budge or take anyone's opinion into mind, even when you have a worthless storyline, if you can even call it a storyline. That's not cool, it's not fun for anyone then.

You called me the best booker in ECCW's history, don't deny it. Why? Because I booked the right people into good storylines, I took people's opinions into context and was open to criticism. No matter how much crap you threw at me, refusing to do something I wanted or anything of that sort, I made it work! That's why people enjoyed my booking, I was able to go past the norm' and make a unique show each week. I didn't just PM people and have them PM me back about some 6-month storyline that could have no pay-off, I set a loose plan and if they showed me they could deliver, I did it. You called me TNA at one point, and I took that as a compliment. You know why? Because TNA was a revolution at one point. You're still ripping off the WWE, no matter how much you deny it. You're too stubborn for your own good, man.

You invest all this time into storylines, hoping for a huge pay-off, but let's take a look at Ali. What was the pay-off there? Nothing. Or what about Christian Storm's massive push when Cole did nothing? Yet again, nothing. What story have you booked that has actually had a good pay-off, Jarrett? Planning out storylines is boring. Have a loose outline, sure, but the way you do it is bullshit. You plan it out months in advance, have no plan B and refuse to change anything. Sure, it's your Fed, but a lot of quality RP'ers get passed up, like Hazza, John, etc. because of your plans. You may say that Hazza is a former Terror World Champ as Harry Jones, and John's the current Doom Champ as Kevin Evans, but that isn't your booking. Your booking has consisted of people PM'ing you storylines and you editing them to your WWE-esque manor, then executing them. Do you ever actually take actual RP's and promos into account? You've seen what I can do when I apply myself, but your booking doesn't make me want to do much, yet again, no fun.

You know why I act so stupid in my Surge RP's? Because when I RP'd quality, I saw what happened. I just want to have fun, and ECCW doesn't bring that anymore. Mr_Capricorn was pushed out of the way for Super's Super Junior, I was pushed out of the way for Cole's Christian Storm, and I could go on and on, but I won't. You, on the other hand, say your guys being the top-tier guys is NECESSARY, but when was the last time Will Williams had a World Title run? Or any actual quality person that didn't ditch, for that matter? The only actual good quality guy that was at the top was RED's John Leopold, but even he's leaving.

It's no fun when this stuff happens. Just take it into account and stop trying to rebut everything, Jarrett. You, as an American who I know follows politics know the amendment of "right to free speech", and everyone who's speaking up right now has that.
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Jarrett wrote:
And John, you're being pushed down the ladder? I don't see it, especially since you're in the lead on Doom and hold a championship. And Hazza? Hardly! He's so over it's not even funny!

I am talking about when I lost the Hardcore and TV titles when I was leaving The U then I changed my mind and told then GM Granger I would take the titles back but it didn't happen at all! You didn't EVEN listen to me when I ASKED you if I could have them back. Oh Hazza is over? He is not over dude, if he was over I would see it but he is not over pushed. Yea what if I win DOOM, I won't get used for like ages, you will be still so full into the MAIN STORY LINES you wont notice!
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:53 pm

John TPA wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
And John, you're being pushed down the ladder? I don't see it, especially since you're in the lead on Doom and hold a championship. And Hazza? Hardly! He's so over it's not even funny!

I am talking about when I lost the Hardcore and TV titles when I was leaving The U then I changed my mind and told then GM Granger I would take the titles back but it didn't happen at all! You didn't EVEN listen to me when I ASKED you if I could have them back. Oh Hazza is over? He is not over dude, if he was over I would see it but he is not over pushed. Yea what if I win DOOM, I won't get used for like ages, you will be still so full into the MAIN STORY LINES you wont notice!
Stop bandwagoning. Is my name Granger? Did I book you to lose them? No. Don't talk to me about that. And after someone else has won the titles because YOU (Y-O-U) said you were leaving the site, I am supposed to take it away from them and give it back to you?

And yes, Harry Jones is over as over can be. Have you seen his promos? Clearly you haven't.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Hey Jarrett, you should start considering the idea that you might be wrong since a lot of people seem to dislike you these days...
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:57 pm

CUJO! wrote:
Hey Jarrett, you should start considering the idea that you might be wrong since a lot of people seem to dislike you these days...
I'm not wrong, after all it is my thread.

SP and John are bandwagoning.

SP has a problem with me, always has. Nothing ECCW related.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Maybe you are wrong..
Maybe for once in GOD DAMN LIFE Jarrett is wrong.
Will Jarrett accept that he is wrong?
I THINK NOT!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 pm

[SP] wrote:
Maybe you are wrong..
Maybe for once in GOD DAMN LIFE Jarrett is wrong.
Will Jarrett accept that he is wrong?
I THINK NOT!
There is nothing in this discussion to be "wrong" about.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Fuck ... I can't even talk to you ... You disgust me..

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Jarrett wrote:
John TPA wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
And John, you're being pushed down the ladder? I don't see it, especially since you're in the lead on Doom and hold a championship. And Hazza? Hardly! He's so over it's not even funny!

I am talking about when I lost the Hardcore and TV titles when I was leaving The U then I changed my mind and told then GM Granger I would take the titles back but it didn't happen at all! You didn't EVEN listen to me when I ASKED you if I could have them back. Oh Hazza is over? He is not over dude, if he was over I would see it but he is not over pushed. Yea what if I win DOOM, I won't get used for like ages, you will be still so full into the MAIN STORY LINES you wont notice!
Stop bandwagoning. Is my name Granger? Did I book you to lose them? No. Don't talk to me about that. And after someone else has won the titles because YOU (Y-O-U) said you were leaving the site, I am supposed to take it away from them and give it back to you?

And yes, Harry Jones is over as over can be. Have you seen his promos? Clearly you haven't.

But I did ask you if I could somehow feud with them, to the point I wanted to feud with Storm over it and I did, but that feud died because I kept losing then you passed onto someone else. I know I said I was leaving, but I changed my mind. I really doubt Jones is over, and his promos are fine. He is not over selling himself.
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3141
Location : fuck

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 am

CL Punk wrote:
Jarrett, before you read my reply or formulate one of your own: I've truly buried the hatchet with you, no matter if you think me sarcastic or not. You can be as suspicious as you want, but I'm not planning anything or anything of that sort. With that said...

In any case, Jarrett, I do believe that ECCW and CWW are generic. You said that since Karl thought Will Williams was gonna win, that it isn't predictable. I'm sure Karl, who I don't agree with frequent, thought that way because of sense. The sensibile thing to do would of been putting the Title on Will, and not putting it on oneself. You don't use Calloway that much, likewise with Venom, so why are they the top guys in the promotion? Casey lost the Title after a 2-week reign. To put this into perspective, Jake didn't even know who played Venom until he became World Champ, he questioned it and you told him. You say that Casey "liked the storyline" and so on, but you forced it on him, like you forced plenty of decisions on me when I worked with you, and just like me, I had no choice but to begrudgingly accept it.

As for the Justin situation, I can compare this to another situation, with Super. Super left ECCW but you kept him around, you forced people to go through months of a crappy storyline since no one did anything. For God's sake man, you had a Crush World Title match with Super Junior vs Tim Lucker, neither of who had posted on ECCW in months. You even butted in on Domination when I ran it, which I didn't appreciate. Sure, you don't care because you "own" ECCW, but what good is owning something if no one appreciates it? ECCW used to be the cream of the crop, but now, not so much. Why is it that you refused to let Super go, screwed over a lot of actual RP'ers on the thread, but Ali, you actually changed your plans? I just want to know why. You're too stubborn to budge or take anyone's opinion into mind, even when you have a worthless storyline, if you can even call it a storyline. That's not cool, it's not fun for anyone then.

You called me the best booker in ECCW's history, don't deny it. Why? Because I booked the right people into good storylines, I took people's opinions into context and was open to criticism. No matter how much crap you threw at me, refusing to do something I wanted or anything of that sort, I made it work! That's why people enjoyed my booking, I was able to go past the norm' and make a unique show each week. I didn't just PM people and have them PM me back about some 6-month storyline that could have no pay-off, I set a loose plan and if they showed me they could deliver, I did it. You called me TNA at one point, and I took that as a compliment. You know why? Because TNA was a revolution at one point. You're still ripping off the WWE, no matter how much you deny it. You're too stubborn for your own good, man.

You invest all this time into storylines, hoping for a huge pay-off, but let's take a look at Ali. What was the pay-off there? Nothing. Or what about Christian Storm's massive push when Cole did nothing? Yet again, nothing. What story have you booked that has actually had a good pay-off, Jarrett? Planning out storylines is boring. Have a loose outline, sure, but the way you do it is bullshit. You plan it out months in advance, have no plan B and refuse to change anything. Sure, it's your Fed, but a lot of quality RP'ers get passed up, like Hazza, John, etc. because of your plans. You may say that Hazza is a former Terror World Champ as Harry Jones, and John's the current Doom Champ as Kevin Evans, but that isn't your booking. Your booking has consisted of people PM'ing you storylines and you editing them to your WWE-esque manor, then executing them. Do you ever actually take actual RP's and promos into account? You've seen what I can do when I apply myself, but your booking doesn't make me want to do much, yet again, no fun.

You know why I act so stupid in my Surge RP's? Because when I RP'd quality, I saw what happened. I just want to have fun, and ECCW doesn't bring that anymore. Mr_Capricorn was pushed out of the way for Super's Super Junior, I was pushed out of the way for Cole's Christian Storm, and I could go on and on, but I won't. You, on the other hand, say your guys being the top-tier guys is NECESSARY, but when was the last time Will Williams had a World Title run? Or any actual quality person that didn't ditch, for that matter? The only actual good quality guy that was at the top was RED's John Leopold, but even he's leaving.

It's no fun when this stuff happens. Just take it into account and stop trying to rebut everything, Jarrett. You, as an American who I know follows politics know the amendment of "right to free speech", and everyone who's speaking up right now has that.

Just wanna make sure you read this, Jarrett...
Back to top Go down
Cyrus T
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
avatar

Posts : 900
Location : The Long and Winding Road

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 am

It's really been fun debating with you Jarrett, really it has.

But it's rather exhausting since it seems my point's not getting through, so I think I'll merely say that you're entitled to your opinion and I'm well-and-truly entitled to mine. And I won't even bring up the Slammy incident because I, like so many RPers, know that taking things too seriously just ruins the whole point of fantasy wrestling.

All I'm going to say is that I follow ECCW not to find out how the storyline's going to play out...but rather, what kind of imaginative promos and such that the RPers come up with and wonder if they're going to get their chance, or if they end up wallowing in obscurity. For me, RPing is about letting the characters develop their own storylines through their interactions and awarding those RPers who show creativity.

Once again...the best bookers book storylines around talent, and not try and force talent to adapt to a storyline.

Thank you.

Good night, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 am

Btw Jarrett, I am not bandwagon, I have had my share of the ECCW storylines.
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 5978
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 am

Like Marik said, we don't usually agree on much but I just agreed with everything he just said.
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 am

Marik, well said. Fucking read it Jarrett.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 am

John TPA wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
John TPA wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
And John, you're being pushed down the ladder? I don't see it, especially since you're in the lead on Doom and hold a championship. And Hazza? Hardly! He's so over it's not even funny!

I am talking about when I lost the Hardcore and TV titles when I was leaving The U then I changed my mind and told then GM Granger I would take the titles back but it didn't happen at all! You didn't EVEN listen to me when I ASKED you if I could have them back. Oh Hazza is over? He is not over dude, if he was over I would see it but he is not over pushed. Yea what if I win DOOM, I won't get used for like ages, you will be still so full into the MAIN STORY LINES you wont notice!
Stop bandwagoning. Is my name Granger? Did I book you to lose them? No. Don't talk to me about that. And after someone else has won the titles because YOU (Y-O-U) said you were leaving the site, I am supposed to take it away from them and give it back to you?

And yes, Harry Jones is over as over can be. Have you seen his promos? Clearly you haven't.

But I did ask you if I could somehow feud with them, to the point I wanted to feud with Storm over it and I did, but that feud died because I kept losing then you passed onto someone else. I know I said I was leaving, but I changed my mind. I really doubt Jones is over, and his promos are fine. He is not over selling himself.
Who said anything about overselling?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 am

Jarrett wrote:
CUJO! wrote:
Hey Jarrett, you should start considering the idea that you might be wrong since a lot of people seem to dislike you these days...
I'm not wrong, after all it is my thread.

SP and John are bandwagoning.

SP has a problem with me, always has. Nothing ECCW related.

Well there seems to be a lot more people that hate you than like you, so you should be able to understand why there might be a chance that you're wrong about everything.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:03 am

And Karl posting reminded me that you all fail to mention the fact that my guys also put people over constantly. Like Styles did Linch at Summer Smash, in fact Shamrock and Calloway have both lost to Fernando as well.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 am

Jarrett wrote:
John TPA wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
John TPA wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
And John, you're being pushed down the ladder? I don't see it, especially since you're in the lead on Doom and hold a championship. And Hazza? Hardly! He's so over it's not even funny!

I am talking about when I lost the Hardcore and TV titles when I was leaving The U then I changed my mind and told then GM Granger I would take the titles back but it didn't happen at all! You didn't EVEN listen to me when I ASKED you if I could have them back. Oh Hazza is over? He is not over dude, if he was over I would see it but he is not over pushed. Yea what if I win DOOM, I won't get used for like ages, you will be still so full into the MAIN STORY LINES you wont notice!
Stop bandwagoning. Is my name Granger? Did I book you to lose them? No. Don't talk to me about that. And after someone else has won the titles because YOU (Y-O-U) said you were leaving the site, I am supposed to take it away from them and give it back to you?

And yes, Harry Jones is over as over can be. Have you seen his promos? Clearly you haven't.

But I did ask you if I could somehow feud with them, to the point I wanted to feud with Storm over it and I did, but that feud died because I kept losing then you passed onto someone else. I know I said I was leaving, but I changed my mind. I really doubt Jones is over, and his promos are fine. He is not over selling himself.
Who said anything about overselling?

Never mind I can't edit it now, but Jarrett, pull your act together and start giving other people chances in ECCW.
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3141
Location : fuck

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 am

Jarrett wrote:
And Karl posting reminded me that you all fail to mention the fact that my guys also put people over constantly. Like Styles did Linch at Summer Smash, in fact Shamrock and Calloway have both lost to Fernando as well.

Because a DQ win is so definitive...
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 5978
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 am

I didn't want to bring up the whole Styles/Linch feud but you made Linch look really weak through the entire feud. He got attacked every week and constantly got screwed. Then at the PPV Linch only won thanks to a DQ. Not the strongest way to end a feud...
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:07 am

CL Punk wrote:
CL Punk wrote:
Jarrett, before you read my reply or formulate one of your own: I've truly buried the hatchet with you, no matter if you think me sarcastic or not. You can be as suspicious as you want, but I'm not planning anything or anything of that sort. With that said...

In any case, Jarrett, I do believe that ECCW and CWW are generic. You said that since Karl thought Will Williams was gonna win, that it isn't predictable. I'm sure Karl, who I don't agree with frequent, thought that way because of sense. The sensibile thing to do would of been putting the Title on Will, and not putting it on oneself. You don't use Calloway that much, likewise with Venom, so why are they the top guys in the promotion? Casey lost the Title after a 2-week reign. To put this into perspective, Jake didn't even know who played Venom until he became World Champ, he questioned it and you told him. You say that Casey "liked the storyline" and so on, but you forced it on him, like you forced plenty of decisions on me when I worked with you, and just like me, I had no choice but to begrudgingly accept it.

As for the Justin situation, I can compare this to another situation, with Super. Super left ECCW but you kept him around, you forced people to go through months of a crappy storyline since no one did anything. For God's sake man, you had a Crush World Title match with Super Junior vs Tim Lucker, neither of who had posted on ECCW in months. You even butted in on Domination when I ran it, which I didn't appreciate. Sure, you don't care because you "own" ECCW, but what good is owning something if no one appreciates it? ECCW used to be the cream of the crop, but now, not so much. Why is it that you refused to let Super go, screwed over a lot of actual RP'ers on the thread, but Ali, you actually changed your plans? I just want to know why. You're too stubborn to budge or take anyone's opinion into mind, even when you have a worthless storyline, if you can even call it a storyline. That's not cool, it's not fun for anyone then.

You called me the best booker in ECCW's history, don't deny it. Why? Because I booked the right people into good storylines, I took people's opinions into context and was open to criticism. No matter how much crap you threw at me, refusing to do something I wanted or anything of that sort, I made it work! That's why people enjoyed my booking, I was able to go past the norm' and make a unique show each week. I didn't just PM people and have them PM me back about some 6-month storyline that could have no pay-off, I set a loose plan and if they showed me they could deliver, I did it. You called me TNA at one point, and I took that as a compliment. You know why? Because TNA was a revolution at one point. You're still ripping off the WWE, no matter how much you deny it. You're too stubborn for your own good, man.

You invest all this time into storylines, hoping for a huge pay-off, but let's take a look at Ali. What was the pay-off there? Nothing. Or what about Christian Storm's massive push when Cole did nothing? Yet again, nothing. What story have you booked that has actually had a good pay-off, Jarrett? Planning out storylines is boring. Have a loose outline, sure, but the way you do it is bullshit. You plan it out months in advance, have no plan B and refuse to change anything. Sure, it's your Fed, but a lot of quality RP'ers get passed up, like Hazza, John, etc. because of your plans. You may say that Hazza is a former Terror World Champ as Harry Jones, and John's the current Doom Champ as Kevin Evans, but that isn't your booking. Your booking has consisted of people PM'ing you storylines and you editing them to your WWE-esque manor, then executing them. Do you ever actually take actual RP's and promos into account? You've seen what I can do when I apply myself, but your booking doesn't make me want to do much, yet again, no fun.

You know why I act so stupid in my Surge RP's? Because when I RP'd quality, I saw what happened. I just want to have fun, and ECCW doesn't bring that anymore. Mr_Capricorn was pushed out of the way for Super's Super Junior, I was pushed out of the way for Cole's Christian Storm, and I could go on and on, but I won't. You, on the other hand, say your guys being the top-tier guys is NECESSARY, but when was the last time Will Williams had a World Title run? Or any actual quality person that didn't ditch, for that matter? The only actual good quality guy that was at the top was RED's John Leopold, but even he's leaving.

It's no fun when this stuff happens. Just take it into account and stop trying to rebut everything, Jarrett. You, as an American who I know follows politics know the amendment of "right to free speech", and everyone who's speaking up right now has that.

Just wanna make sure you read this, Jarrett...
I did not force anything on Casey and if you are so sure that I did, why don't you carry that conversation on with him instead of me. And in regards to calling you the greatest booker in ECCW history, I am not sure where you heard that from but I distinctly remember "one of the best."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 am

You're all at it again. WHO SAYS ITS THE "END" FOR STYLES/LINCH?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 am

Jarrett, nobody fucking cares.
YOU = FAIL.
DEAL WITH IT!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   

Back to top Go down
 
Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Usually, what is your most important swing thoughts?
» RAT ROD's RULE
» Vermont to revoke rule allowing ATVs on state land
» False start rule causes problems when applied sporadically
» New Golf rule or Local Rule

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Universe :: Fantasy Wrestling Sections :: E-Feds-
Jump to: