HomePortalSearchFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A Paragraph.
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:33 pm by fuck

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

» I hate myself and I want to die
Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm by fuck

» The Official Memory Thread
Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:42 pm by fuck

» Extreme Created Warfare Wrestling
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:04 am by Deanpool

» Be The Booker Of The Month
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:45 pm by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» That's Right.
Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:28 pm by RED

» Fuck you
Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:14 pm by RED

Poll #114
Share
Top posting users this week
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

Before she dominated her competition, an 11-year-old Beth Phoenix won a coloring contest through a local New York newspaper to win two tickets to her first WWE event.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
Septembers Member of the Month is CAPTAIN! Due to his highly entertaining WWE 2014 TEW Diary/Booker and activity on the site. Congratulations Captain! Keep the good work up and you may be the MoTM for October!
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyrus T
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
avatar

Posts : 900
Location : The Long and Winding Road

PostSubject: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi, my name is Cyrus T.

You may know me better as the guy who RPs as Cyrus Black, a CAW of mine that has had...moderate success in various e-feds. Well, today I'm not going to speak in character...but rather, as a somewhat perturbed individual who wants to share an opinion or two about something that bothers me.

I recently read Extreme Created Championship Wrestling's latest PPV, SummerSmash. Now as many of you know, the lead booker/owner of this admittedly very long-standing and arguably successful e-fed is Jarrett. Jarrett, like a lot of members of The Universe, has numerous CAWs that he regularly RPs with. Which is fine...many e-fed bookers have CAWs that they RP with. However, there's something that all e-fed bookers, regardless of the e-fed, need to be very, VERY careful about.

You see, I believe there is an unwritten rule when you are a booker for an e-fed, especially one in which you also RP in as a wrestler. That rule is a very simple one: be very cautious about how you book your own CAWs. While it's okay to push your CAWs if it's to help put another well-deserving RPer's CAW over, a booker needs to be careful not to overpush their CAWs.

Why am I bringing this up? Well, on SummerSmash, two of Jarrett's CAWs walked away with the two top ECCW championships. On top of that, Jarrett's main CAW not only won the Crush World Title, but also averted a Money in the Bank cash-in against a previously undefeated CAW in Ali Fernando. This kind of push would be fine if it were for a CAW that worked to get to that spot and deserved a chance to be one of the top guys in the e-fed...but it's far from proper for a booker's CAW. In fact, it's downright wrong.

You see, when a booker's CAW goes over in such a manner (not to mention that Jarrett Calloway already won a World Title a few months back, along with the Rumble), it's unfair to other, non-booker CAWs who may in fact be talented enough and active enough to earn that kind of push. It's demoralizing for the talent, who quite frankly may not put in the same amount of effort they normally would, thinking that it won't matter in the end because they'll just end up doing the job to the owner's CAW.

Conversly, guys like Marik and Mesa understand that they can't push their own CAWs like that. Marik as the GM of ECCW's Domination booked people in deserving spots and never once booked his CAW to be the proverbial Wrestling Jesus. Mesa, regardless of your opinion of his work in EFNW, was also fair and made his CAW to be a manager instead of an active talent, which is a fantastic strategy that a lot of bookers would do well to heed.

In closing, when a booker shows favoritism towards his own CAWs, it kills the fun of what is supposed to be a friendly, fun diversion. I have no idea what Jarrett might have in mind for his booking, but the Truth is it doesn't matter. A great booker finds ways to get deserving people into positions when they can excel...they don't book a storyline and then stick to it regardless of the talent available to him. It's that kind of booking that made the WWE incredibly predictable and boring up until recently. And above all else, a great booker finds ways to use his CAWs effectively without overpushing them to the main event and the top championships.

I say this all without malice...just as an individual looking to make things fairer for all RPers. And I will accept whatever flack I receive as a result of my words like a man.

Thanks for your time,

Cyrus T

P.S. While I'm at it...Mitch....seriously, man, think about what I said too.
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3140
Location : fuck

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 pm

I expected such a thread as soon as I saw the title and I can address this the same way I address everyone else's concerns. Storylines.

In fact, the reason I had made the announcement for Anomaly/Venom so early is the fear that something like this would arise. Same goes for Calloway; you'll see it all come together. In case you didn't know there are big double-thread plans coming up this fall and this is what it calls for.

I think what people need to do is not worry so much about something an hour after it happens and instead wait to see how it plays out before criticizing.

And as for the Fernando situation, Justin has been extremely unreasonable with me in recent weeks and although I have invested such high stock in him (the streak, the title, and the case) he has refused to stay in ECCW and instead wants to leave the thread. I cannot have someone all of a sudden leave with an undefeated streak, a championship, and a briefcase, that's just not right.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Cyrus T
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
avatar

Posts : 900
Location : The Long and Winding Road

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Jarrett wrote:
I expected such a thread as soon as I saw the title and I can address this the same way I address everyone else's concerns. Storylines.

In fact, the reason I had made the announcement for Anomaly/Venom so early is the fear that something like this would arise. Same goes for Calloway; you'll see it all come together. In case you didn't know there are big double-thread plans coming up this fall and this is what it calls for.

I think what people need to do is not worry so much about something an hour after it happens and instead wait to see how it plays out before criticizing.

And as for the Fernando situation, Justin has been extremely unreasonable with me in recent weeks and although I have invested such high stock in him (the streak, the title, and the case) he has refused to stay in ECCW and instead wants to leave the thread. I cannot have someone all of a sudden leave with an undefeated streak, a championship, and a briefcase, that's just not right.

First, read my stuff. A good booker creates storylines around talent...not book talent around storylines. There's a difference.

Second, it's not like this is just an aberration or anything. Jarrett Calloway won two World Titles in the span of a few months. Sounds like overpush to me.

Third, while I can understand the Fernando situation, did you ever wonder why he was leaving in the first place? Or better yet, couldn't you have booked him to lose the briefcase to someone deserving of a World Title run instead of having him lose his cash-in? There's ALWAYS ways around anything that don't end up with your CAWs being booked like fucking Superman.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
I expected such a thread as soon as I saw the title and I can address this the same way I address everyone else's concerns. Storylines.

In fact, the reason I had made the announcement for Anomaly/Venom so early is the fear that something like this would arise. Same goes for Calloway; you'll see it all come together. In case you didn't know there are big double-thread plans coming up this fall and this is what it calls for.

I think what people need to do is not worry so much about something an hour after it happens and instead wait to see how it plays out before criticizing.

And as for the Fernando situation, Justin has been extremely unreasonable with me in recent weeks and although I have invested such high stock in him (the streak, the title, and the case) he has refused to stay in ECCW and instead wants to leave the thread. I cannot have someone all of a sudden leave with an undefeated streak, a championship, and a briefcase, that's just not right.

First, read my stuff. A good booker creates storylines around talent...not book talent around storylines. There's a difference.

Second, it's not like this is just an aberration or anything. Jarrett Calloway won two World Titles in the span of a few months. Sounds like overpush to me.

Third, while I can understand the Fernando situation, did you ever wonder why he was leaving in the first place? Or better yet, couldn't you have booked him to lose the briefcase to someone deserving of a World Title run instead of having him lose his cash-in? There's ALWAYS ways around anything that don't end up with your CAWs being booked like fucking Superman.
First of all, I'd like to correct that the first World title run was in March and lasted but a few minutes because he "put over" John Leopold. So calling that a reign is even a stretch.

I do create storylines around talent but I also book talent around storylines, there is nothing wrong with either as long as it is executed well and I like to think that I have done something right in running a 2+year thread, something only two others from WWEU can say they've done. And yes, he claims to be leaving because he wants nothing more than a "fresh start" in EFNW. I don't see why someone with an undefeated record, title belt, and MITB case would be complaining about how they're booked. And that briefcase has already been in the hands of 3 people and by just passing around throughout the roster, it's making winning the case in the first place look like no big deal.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 5978
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:07 pm

I'll be honest, I thought Will Williams was walking out with the belt...
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:11 pm

The U's Scotsman! wrote:
I'll be honest, I thought Will Williams was walking out with the belt...
Which further proves it was not at all "predictable."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:13 pm

I just want to add that I find it quite stupid how Jarrett keeps talent on his roster, even though they are unactive and the users have quit. It's un-realistic and well, as I said, just plain stupid. I can understand the whole Justin situation, with him not wanting a Champion to go, but Jarrett, if he wants to leave, and take his CaW with him, thats his choice, not yours. So, yes, you could make storylines to take those things away, or create a storyline for him to leave, but that doesn't need to involve your characters.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:14 pm

John approves Cyrus speech!
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 pm

I really think ECCW needs a shake up, so to speak same with CWW.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 pm

[SP] wrote:
I just want to add that I find it quite stupid how Jarrett keeps talent on his roster, even though they are unactive and the users have quit. It's un-realistic and well, as I said, just plain stupid. I can understand the whole Justin situation, with him not wanting a Champion to go, but Jarrett, if he wants to leave, and take his CaW with him, thats his choice, not yours. So, yes, you could make storylines to take those things away, or create a storyline for him to leave, but that doesn't need to involve your characters.
I'm sick of how you continuously butt in to this business, quite frankly. I have explained it to you time and time again yet you don't seem to get it. Sure it is his CAW and YES, he has now gotten what he wanted all along. What is the problem? And why do you care so much? And you say it is okay to make a storyline to take it away, well I did. I added Dustin Shore into it and successfully brought him back (that strips the title and streak) and then the OTHER storyline which calls for Calloway as champion got rid of the case. He is the one that wanted to leave and had he not wanted to, he WOULD have cashed in the case at a later date, but HE took that away from himself, not ME.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Cyrus T
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
avatar

Posts : 900
Location : The Long and Winding Road

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
I expected such a thread as soon as I saw the title and I can address this the same way I address everyone else's concerns. Storylines.

In fact, the reason I had made the announcement for Anomaly/Venom so early is the fear that something like this would arise. Same goes for Calloway; you'll see it all come together. In case you didn't know there are big double-thread plans coming up this fall and this is what it calls for.

I think what people need to do is not worry so much about something an hour after it happens and instead wait to see how it plays out before criticizing.

And as for the Fernando situation, Justin has been extremely unreasonable with me in recent weeks and although I have invested such high stock in him (the streak, the title, and the case) he has refused to stay in ECCW and instead wants to leave the thread. I cannot have someone all of a sudden leave with an undefeated streak, a championship, and a briefcase, that's just not right.

First, read my stuff. A good booker creates storylines around talent...not book talent around storylines. There's a difference.

Second, it's not like this is just an aberration or anything. Jarrett Calloway won two World Titles in the span of a few months. Sounds like overpush to me.

Third, while I can understand the Fernando situation, did you ever wonder why he was leaving in the first place? Or better yet, couldn't you have booked him to lose the briefcase to someone deserving of a World Title run instead of having him lose his cash-in? There's ALWAYS ways around anything that don't end up with your CAWs being booked like fucking Superman.
First of all, I'd like to correct that the first World title run was in March and lasted but a few minutes because he "put over" John Leopold. So calling that a reign is even a stretch.

I do create storylines around talent but I also book talent around storylines, there is nothing wrong with either as long as it is executed well and I like to think that I have done something right in running a 2+year thread, something only two others from WWEU can say they've done. And yes, he claims to be leaving because he wants nothing more than a "fresh start" in EFNW. I don't see why someone with an undefeated record, title belt, and MITB case would be complaining about how they're booked. And that briefcase has already been in the hands of 3 people and by just passing around throughout the roster, it's making winning the case in the first place look like no big deal.

...Oh really? Maybe I'm not making myself very clear, as I'm trying to be very diplomatic here.

Regardless of how long the reign in March was, it's still one more reign than a lot of talented guys have had in a while or ever. And why was it so important to have Jarrett Calloway win the title before the cash-in? You thought that having Leopold cash in on Super Junior would've ruined his heel run, didn't you? Seems like a lack of faith on the part of one of your better RPers.

And while we're on the subject of Super Junior...you stripped Ali Fernando in a damned burial because he wants to leave, but Super Junior leaves and you keep him on as the storyline manager and World Champion up until Slam-Mania? Seriously? In your efforts to keep your storylines, you have a main-event match between your CAW and a guy who's already gone. WTF kind of booking is that?

As far as ITZZ J and Ali Fernando...well, maybe he got bored with the stories his CAW was participating in. Jarrett, the thing you have to understand is that e-fedding is supposed to be fun. Having an undefeated streak is cool for a while, but I know that I would like a little diversity eventually. And the briefcase passing owners 3 times? Gee, who's the guy who booked that? Oh right...THAT WAS YOU.

Jarrett, I'm trying really hard to keep my cool. But the thing you eventually have to realize is that your fed has been so successful not because of you...but because of the quality of RPers in the fed who make the most out of the formulatic booking you present. And it is your unwillingness to deviate from your precious storylines that has alienated great RPers from your fed in the past. Why was it so damned necessary to have Jarrett Calloway win the title again? Why is Venom the World Champion on Terror when he's been a non-factor up until a few months ago? And why are talented guys like Will Williams, Casey Anomaly, and Angel relegated to be transitional champions and fodder for your storylines which make things far too predictable and hardly any damned fun?

Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
I just want to add that I find it quite stupid how Jarrett keeps talent on his roster, even though they are unactive and the users have quit. It's un-realistic and well, as I said, just plain stupid. I can understand the whole Justin situation, with him not wanting a Champion to go, but Jarrett, if he wants to leave, and take his CaW with him, thats his choice, not yours. So, yes, you could make storylines to take those things away, or create a storyline for him to leave, but that doesn't need to involve your characters.
I'm sick of how you continuously butt in to this business, quite frankly. I have explained it to you time and time again yet you don't seem to get it. Sure it is his CAW and YES, he has now gotten what he wanted all along. What is the problem? And why do you care so much? And you say it is okay to make a storyline to take it away, well I did. I added Dustin Shore into it and successfully brought him back (that strips the title and streak) and then the OTHER storyline which calls for Calloway as champion got rid of the case. He is the one that wanted to leave and had he not wanted to, he WOULD have cashed in the case at a later date, but HE took that away from himself, not ME.

Excatly.
He wanted to leave, and on MSN, you put up such a fuss about the whole thing.
Its his Caw, not yours, and if he wanted to make the decision to not cash in, thats on him, I never said it was on you.
I just found it very unfair to not only Justin, but to everyone else in ECCW, how when it comes to someone leaving, you turn into a jackass, or a big baby and cry and beg people to stay. Then you go on and on about how ECCW is the greatest. Well, you doing things like this, doesn't make your e-fed look so good.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Cyrus you are forgetting other people like myself, hazza and other people who keep getting pushed down the ladder no matter how much we try to get back up there. But what you are saying is DAMN true!
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 pm

CYRUS CRACKED THE CONSPIRACY!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 pm

[SP] wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
I just want to add that I find it quite stupid how Jarrett keeps talent on his roster, even though they are unactive and the users have quit. It's un-realistic and well, as I said, just plain stupid. I can understand the whole Justin situation, with him not wanting a Champion to go, but Jarrett, if he wants to leave, and take his CaW with him, thats his choice, not yours. So, yes, you could make storylines to take those things away, or create a storyline for him to leave, but that doesn't need to involve your characters.
I'm sick of how you continuously butt in to this business, quite frankly. I have explained it to you time and time again yet you don't seem to get it. Sure it is his CAW and YES, he has now gotten what he wanted all along. What is the problem? And why do you care so much? And you say it is okay to make a storyline to take it away, well I did. I added Dustin Shore into it and successfully brought him back (that strips the title and streak) and then the OTHER storyline which calls for Calloway as champion got rid of the case. He is the one that wanted to leave and had he not wanted to, he WOULD have cashed in the case at a later date, but HE took that away from himself, not ME.

Excatly.
He wanted to leave, and on MSN, you put up such a fuss about the whole thing.
Its his Caw, not yours, and if he wanted to make the decision to not cash in, thats on him, I never said it was on you.
I just found it very unfair to not only Justin, but to everyone else in ECCW, how when it comes to someone leaving, you turn into a jackass, or a big baby and cry and beg people to stay. Then you go on and on about how ECCW is the greatest. Well, you doing things like this, doesn't make your e-fed look so good.
If I wanted Ali, I would have kept him. Did I? No.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Yo Jarrett, you should have had Ali vacate the brief case, cause then you could have done a ghetto tournament of total annihilation thing for it. Or you could have had him drop it to someone else, so then it wouldn't be wasted...


Last edited by CUJO! on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyrus T
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
avatar

Posts : 900
Location : The Long and Winding Road

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:28 pm

John TPA wrote:
Cyrus you are forgetting other people like myself, hazza and other people who keep getting pushed down the ladder no matter how much we try to get back up there. But what you are saying is DAMN true!

Yeah, sorry about that...hard to keep track of all of you guys since there's SO MANY.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
I just want to add that I find it quite stupid how Jarrett keeps talent on his roster, even though they are unactive and the users have quit. It's un-realistic and well, as I said, just plain stupid. I can understand the whole Justin situation, with him not wanting a Champion to go, but Jarrett, if he wants to leave, and take his CaW with him, thats his choice, not yours. So, yes, you could make storylines to take those things away, or create a storyline for him to leave, but that doesn't need to involve your characters.
I'm sick of how you continuously butt in to this business, quite frankly. I have explained it to you time and time again yet you don't seem to get it. Sure it is his CAW and YES, he has now gotten what he wanted all along. What is the problem? And why do you care so much? And you say it is okay to make a storyline to take it away, well I did. I added Dustin Shore into it and successfully brought him back (that strips the title and streak) and then the OTHER storyline which calls for Calloway as champion got rid of the case. He is the one that wanted to leave and had he not wanted to, he WOULD have cashed in the case at a later date, but HE took that away from himself, not ME.

Excatly.
He wanted to leave, and on MSN, you put up such a fuss about the whole thing.
Its his Caw, not yours, and if he wanted to make the decision to not cash in, thats on him, I never said it was on you.
I just found it very unfair to not only Justin, but to everyone else in ECCW, how when it comes to someone leaving, you turn into a jackass, or a big baby and cry and beg people to stay. Then you go on and on about how ECCW is the greatest. Well, you doing things like this, doesn't make your e-fed look so good.
If I wanted Ali, I would have kept him. Did I? No.
The only reason you didn't is because you gave up begging and pleading for Justin to stay. Me, Karl and Justin where all there, it was like you where on his knees, acually telling him that he couldn't leave. When, It wasn't your choice to begin with!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:29 pm

[SP] wrote:
CYRUS CRACKED THE CONSPIRACY!

FUCKING JESUS RIGHT THERE!
Back to top Go down
Styles
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 4741
Age : 23
Location : Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Cyrus T wrote:
John TPA wrote:
Cyrus you are forgetting other people like myself, hazza and other people who keep getting pushed down the ladder no matter how much we try to get back up there. But what you are saying is DAMN true!

Yeah, sorry about that...hard to keep track of all of you guys since there's SO MANY.

It is alright man. No harm done.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 pm

Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Cyrus T wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
I expected such a thread as soon as I saw the title and I can address this the same way I address everyone else's concerns. Storylines.

In fact, the reason I had made the announcement for Anomaly/Venom so early is the fear that something like this would arise. Same goes for Calloway; you'll see it all come together. In case you didn't know there are big double-thread plans coming up this fall and this is what it calls for.

I think what people need to do is not worry so much about something an hour after it happens and instead wait to see how it plays out before criticizing.

And as for the Fernando situation, Justin has been extremely unreasonable with me in recent weeks and although I have invested such high stock in him (the streak, the title, and the case) he has refused to stay in ECCW and instead wants to leave the thread. I cannot have someone all of a sudden leave with an undefeated streak, a championship, and a briefcase, that's just not right.

First, read my stuff. A good booker creates storylines around talent...not book talent around storylines. There's a difference.

Second, it's not like this is just an aberration or anything. Jarrett Calloway won two World Titles in the span of a few months. Sounds like overpush to me.

Third, while I can understand the Fernando situation, did you ever wonder why he was leaving in the first place? Or better yet, couldn't you have booked him to lose the briefcase to someone deserving of a World Title run instead of having him lose his cash-in? There's ALWAYS ways around anything that don't end up with your CAWs being booked like fucking Superman.
First of all, I'd like to correct that the first World title run was in March and lasted but a few minutes because he "put over" John Leopold. So calling that a reign is even a stretch.

I do create storylines around talent but I also book talent around storylines, there is nothing wrong with either as long as it is executed well and I like to think that I have done something right in running a 2+year thread, something only two others from WWEU can say they've done. And yes, he claims to be leaving because he wants nothing more than a "fresh start" in EFNW. I don't see why someone with an undefeated record, title belt, and MITB case would be complaining about how they're booked. And that briefcase has already been in the hands of 3 people and by just passing around throughout the roster, it's making winning the case in the first place look like no big deal.

...Oh really? Maybe I'm not making myself very clear, as I'm trying to be very diplomatic here.

Regardless of how long the reign in March was, it's still one more reign than a lot of talented guys have had in a while or ever. And why was it so important to have Jarrett Calloway win the title before the cash-in? You thought that having Leopold cash in on Super Junior would've ruined his heel run, didn't you? Seems like a lack of faith on the part of one of your better RPers.

And while we're on the subject of Super Junior...you stripped Ali Fernando in a damned burial because he wants to leave, but Super Junior leaves and you keep him on as the storyline manager and World Champion up until Slam-Mania? Seriously? In your efforts to keep your storylines, you have a main-event match between your CAW and a guy who's already gone. WTF kind of booking is that?

As far as ITZZ J and Ali Fernando...well, maybe he got bored with the stories his CAW was participating in. Jarrett, the thing you have to understand is that e-fedding is supposed to be fun. Having an undefeated streak is cool for a while, but I know that I would like a little diversity eventually. And the briefcase passing owners 3 times? Gee, who's the guy who booked that? Oh right...THAT WAS YOU.

Jarrett, I'm trying really hard to keep my cool. But the thing you eventually have to realize is that your fed has been so successful not because of you...but because of the quality of RPers in the fed who make the most out of the formulatic booking you present. And it is your unwillingness to deviate from your precious storylines that has alienated great RPers from your fed in the past. Why was it so damned necessary to have Jarrett Calloway win the title again? Why is Venom the World Champion on Terror when he's been a non-factor up until a few months ago? And why are talented guys like Will Williams, Casey Anomaly, and Angel relegated to be transitional champions and fodder for your storylines which make things far too predictable and hardly any damned fun?
Someone didn't pay enough attention to the Super Junior storyline. The stipulation was that had Junior lost, he lost power of ECCW as well, and if Junior were to win and then get cashed in on, he'd still have control of ECCW and that isn't how it was supposed to end.

And it's reasons like this that the briefcase changed TWICE (not 3 times, I said 3 people held it). I did book it because it was necessary and now I refuse to allow the briefcase to continue to switch owners (especially with a MITB PPV next month). And not once did I say that ECCW was alive because of me. On it's second anniversary I told everyone the reason it was alive, you're putting up a fight over something I agree to. And it was "so damned necessary" to have Jarrett win the title due to storyline. What right do you have to criticize something YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN PAN OUT YET? You don't know how it ends, only myself and one other person even has an idea of what is going on! And as for Venom, it's the storyline thing, I ran down the basics to Casey and he liked it and he's just fine with it. And if both involved are happy with it, what does the opinion of a third party matter to me? Will Williams remains in the picture and so do Casey and Angel, they're in the main event, they've never quite been there before, at least not in World title territory.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:33 pm

[SP] wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
I just want to add that I find it quite stupid how Jarrett keeps talent on his roster, even though they are unactive and the users have quit. It's un-realistic and well, as I said, just plain stupid. I can understand the whole Justin situation, with him not wanting a Champion to go, but Jarrett, if he wants to leave, and take his CaW with him, thats his choice, not yours. So, yes, you could make storylines to take those things away, or create a storyline for him to leave, but that doesn't need to involve your characters.
I'm sick of how you continuously butt in to this business, quite frankly. I have explained it to you time and time again yet you don't seem to get it. Sure it is his CAW and YES, he has now gotten what he wanted all along. What is the problem? And why do you care so much? And you say it is okay to make a storyline to take it away, well I did. I added Dustin Shore into it and successfully brought him back (that strips the title and streak) and then the OTHER storyline which calls for Calloway as champion got rid of the case. He is the one that wanted to leave and had he not wanted to, he WOULD have cashed in the case at a later date, but HE took that away from himself, not ME.

Excatly.
He wanted to leave, and on MSN, you put up such a fuss about the whole thing.
Its his Caw, not yours, and if he wanted to make the decision to not cash in, thats on him, I never said it was on you.
I just found it very unfair to not only Justin, but to everyone else in ECCW, how when it comes to someone leaving, you turn into a jackass, or a big baby and cry and beg people to stay. Then you go on and on about how ECCW is the greatest. Well, you doing things like this, doesn't make your e-fed look so good.
If I wanted Ali, I would have kept him. Did I? No.
The only reason you didn't is because you gave up begging and pleading for Justin to stay. Me, Karl and Justin where all there, it was like you where on his knees, acually telling him that he couldn't leave. When, It wasn't your choice to begin with!
Not once have I ever BEGGED someone to stay, in fact you just contradicted yourself. You're saying "begging on your knees" and TELLING someone something are one in the same? Not quite. I told him he has no real excuse to leave and that I HAD to book him out of the company.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3555
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:34 pm

And John, you're being pushed down the ladder? I don't see it, especially since you're in the lead on Doom and hold a championship. And Hazza? Hardly! He's so over it's not even funny!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ECCW: Extreme Created Championship Wrestling
June 30, 2009 - May 20, 2013
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
avatar

Posts : 3206
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
[SP] wrote:
I just want to add that I find it quite stupid how Jarrett keeps talent on his roster, even though they are unactive and the users have quit. It's un-realistic and well, as I said, just plain stupid. I can understand the whole Justin situation, with him not wanting a Champion to go, but Jarrett, if he wants to leave, and take his CaW with him, thats his choice, not yours. So, yes, you could make storylines to take those things away, or create a storyline for him to leave, but that doesn't need to involve your characters.
I'm sick of how you continuously butt in to this business, quite frankly. I have explained it to you time and time again yet you don't seem to get it. Sure it is his CAW and YES, he has now gotten what he wanted all along. What is the problem? And why do you care so much? And you say it is okay to make a storyline to take it away, well I did. I added Dustin Shore into it and successfully brought him back (that strips the title and streak) and then the OTHER storyline which calls for Calloway as champion got rid of the case. He is the one that wanted to leave and had he not wanted to, he WOULD have cashed in the case at a later date, but HE took that away from himself, not ME.

Excatly.
He wanted to leave, and on MSN, you put up such a fuss about the whole thing.
Its his Caw, not yours, and if he wanted to make the decision to not cash in, thats on him, I never said it was on you.
I just found it very unfair to not only Justin, but to everyone else in ECCW, how when it comes to someone leaving, you turn into a jackass, or a big baby and cry and beg people to stay. Then you go on and on about how ECCW is the greatest. Well, you doing things like this, doesn't make your e-fed look so good.
If I wanted Ali, I would have kept him. Did I? No.
The only reason you didn't is because you gave up begging and pleading for Justin to stay. Me, Karl and Justin where all there, it was like you where on his knees, acually telling him that he couldn't leave. When, It wasn't your choice to begin with!
Not once have I ever BEGGED someone to stay, in fact you just contradicted yourself. You're saying "begging on your knees" and TELLING someone something are one in the same? Not quite. I told him he has no real excuse to leave and that I HAD to book him out of the company.
Are you kidding me?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds   

Back to top Go down
 
Thoughts from Cyrus T: The Unwritten Rule of Booking E-Feds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Usually, what is your most important swing thoughts?
» RAT ROD's RULE
» Vermont to revoke rule allowing ATVs on state land
» False start rule causes problems when applied sporadically
» New Golf rule or Local Rule

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Universe :: Fantasy Wrestling Sections :: E-Feds-
Jump to: