The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*

Go down 
+4
Bleed Green
Mesa
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
TJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:18 pm

SOURCE: WrestleZone.com

As many of you may now know, the top story on the internet today is the fact that Randy Orton defeated Christian at the Smackdown taping last night to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

After speaking to several key WWE insiders, WrestleZone can now provide details behind why WWE decided to book this major title change just days after Christian won the title at Extreme Rules.

To begin with, as we exclusively reported several days ago, Randy Orton is set to become the focal point of the Smackdown brand, and the entire Friday night show will be centered around him from both a marketing and creative standpoint. Orton's position on Smackdown can be compared to John Cena's position on Raw, as WWE looks at both talents as the creative centers of their respective brands.

Additionally, we were told that Christian's title win at Extreme Rules was done not so much as a "well deserved win for Christian," but much more so that a big moment could be made for Edge at the PPV. "Vince [McMahon] could smell, touch and taste a moment between Edge and Christian celebrating on PPV, and that's the major reason why Christian was awarded the title." This dispels any conspiracy theories that Christian was awarded the title to keep it on Smackdown, as we were told it would have been very easy for WWE to throw a third party into the Extreme Rules match which would have kept the title off Christian and still on Smackdown.

As to the question of why WWE stripped Christian of the title so shortly after his win at Extreme Rules, WZ was told that no one in WWE with any kind of influence values Christian as a top money draw for the company. Christian is well liked, and is considered, as we were told, "a reliable hand," but when it comes to being a top player in WWE, Vince McMahon has absolutely no faith in him.

Brian Gewirtz, who is the head writer on Raw, and also oversees the entire writing staff in general, which means he does have influence on the direction of Smackdown, is said to be a big supporter of Christian, but other than him, there appears to be no other members of WWE's top brass that consider Christian to be a major player. And yet, we're told by our key WWE insider that even Gewirtz wouldn't speak up for Christian as a top draw. "Brian knows Christian is a very entertaining wrestler," we were told, "but even he knows Christian should not be the number one guy on either brand."

As we said, however, Christian is still considered to be a quality worker and a reliable hand for WWE, and we were even told that a possible producer/agent position might be available for him when his wrestling days are over, but as far as Christian ever working at the top of a WWE brand, that seems to be a very unlikely possibility.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Wrong on so many levels. I find this to be both disturbing and disappointing, especially the "no faith" comment.
Back to top Go down
TJ
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:40 pm

What pisses me off about that is the fact that Christian actually went backstage and hugged and thanked Vince after he won the title. I mean, how do you do that to a guy who's emotional about winning his first real world title and who's thanking you for it? I couldn't sleep well at night, but then again Vince has done more non-ethical things in his lifetime.

I'd say that he should go back to TNA but that place is a sinking ship as well. I suggest he leaves and gets a desk job somewhere...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:48 pm

Dolemite wrote:
What pisses me off about that is the fact that Christian actually went backstage and hugged and thanked Vince after he won the title. I mean, how do you do that to a guy who's emotional about winning his first real world title and who's thanking you for it? I couldn't sleep well at night, but then again Vince has done more non-ethical things in his lifetime.

I'd say that he should go back to TNA but that place is a sinking ship as well. I suggest he leaves and gets a desk job somewhere...
Yes, and wouldn't that also show that he had no knowing that he was going to drop the title just days later? To a guy who is already over-established and who never even won a damn match to earn him a spot? I'd pull a Bret Hart and walk away and never ever come back.

And I thought the same thing about TNA.
Back to top Go down
TJ
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Dolemite wrote:

Yes, and wouldn't that also show that he had no knowing that he was going to drop the title just days later? To a guy who is already over-established and who never even won a damn match to earn him a spot? I'd pull a Bret Hart and walk away and never ever come back.

And I thought the same thing about TNA.
Christian does deserve so much more than what he's getting. But I'm tired of complaining, it happened. He got screwed out of the title, WWE doesn't care how the majority of the fans feel. Orton sells more toys than Christian, henceforth he deserves the title. From now on I'm sticking to that logic.
Back to top Go down
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock
Contender
Contender
AdamC #RussoSwervesRock

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Good logic.

I'd return to TNA, on the contrary it's a rising ship. Matt Hardy, hardly a hotshot in the WWE has been one of their best performers he's completely reinvented himself and is certainly going in the ring. Christian, who was huge in TNA circa 06-08 and is quite a hotshot in the WWE = Christian will be treated on higher ground than God in TNA. As he should in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mesa
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Mesa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:18 pm

God wrote:
Good logic.

I'd return to TNA, on the contrary it's a rising ship. Matt Hardy, hardly a hotshot in the WWE has been one of their best performers he's completely reinvented himself and is certainly going in the ring. Christian, who was huge in TNA circa 06-08 and is quite a hotshot in the WWE = Christian will be treated on higher ground than God in TNA. As he should in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:32 pm

If Christian goes back to TNA than my top 3 I won't be able to watch. 1. Christian (Don't Watch TNA) 2. Jeff Hardy (Same reason for Christian) 3. Edge (Retired)
Back to top Go down
Sam
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:16 am

JHF0410[JonIsThe#1Peep] wrote:
If Christian goes back to TNA than my top 3 I won't be able to watch. 1. Christian (Don't Watch TNA) 2. Jeff Hardy (Same reason for Christian) 3. Edge (Retired)

But wouldn't you rather know in your mind that his being used properly somewhere else then watch him be misused for yourself
Back to top Go down
ozziewwefan101 (Polsy)
Curtain Jerker
Curtain Jerker
ozziewwefan101 (Polsy)

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:26 am

God wrote:
Good logic.

Then again Matt Hardy is probably in the same boat as Christian's. Both have held the ECW championship (yes i count ECW don't like it. stiff) but the tag team partner were the ones with more charisma (Edge and Jeff Hardy) So if Christian could work on his charisma (even though he's the captain of it) he might find himself back in the World Title slot
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joshpolson
Harold
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harold

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:43 am

This is worse than the Brett Hart/Shawn Michaels incident. I can't even describe how angry I am with the WWE. This is just plain stupid.
Back to top Go down
bob2
Jobber
Jobber
bob2

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:57 am

Basing a show around Randy Orton is more stupid than stripping Christian of the title. There goes my faith in humanity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*   Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?* Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on the Christian Title Situation *Spoilers?*
Page 1 of 1